My final decision..Denon 1713 and Wharfedale DX1

umapati

Finally today I bought "Denon 1713 and Wharfedale DX1" after long research, auditioning Home theater as many as possible and lots of help from valued forum members Jaivelu and Rupam so many other friends in this forum.

avr1713lg.jpg

dx1hcplrg.jpg

elavr1713e2bkrt1.jpg

Will be getting my system tomorrow, but as I am going out of station tomorrow.Will post other pictures and review in next week..

Initially I started with a plan to buy either Denon 1312XP Or Onkyo 4505, but after auditioning both of them and lots of discussion in this forum I made up my mind to increase my budget and go for separates.Then my journey began..:)

As I was looking for Airplay and internet radio in my AVR I finally decided to go for Denon 1713.

Then I shortlisted:
Polk audio 1600
Jamo 102 with 210 Subwoofer
As I was about to take decision for any one of them,a most valuable suggestion came from our forum friend "Jaivelu" to for Wharfedale DX1..:)..Thanks a ton Jaivelu for this final nail in the coffin..

Today i went to audition it and I was so impressed that I immediately finalized it and bought it.
Initially dealer showed me the blue ray of "Avengers" and then "Avatar"..DX1 had deep bass,warm sound and clear in high frequency also.In audio we listened to songs of Parinita,Swades, Lagaan and some hip hop and pop songs.I was very much satisfied with audio quality in every details.

I am really very happy and very excited to receive my HT system.Will post some other pictures of my set up and review soon.

Credits: Jaivelu, Rupam..

Ohh man....Congratulations. This was my dream package and infact a minute ago I was surfing the same combo. And when I opened this forum, there it was you posting the big news.Great. Do post your reviews soon and enjoy with your system.

Congrats man, you choose the best combo. I cound not get to audition Wharfedale DX1 because it was not in stock.
Do post some pictures and review it. I must say you got a very good deal for Denon 1713. :licklips:

Congrats Umapati! Hope you enjoy your system!! Can you please share the dealer info. I was looking for Denon 1713 with Polk Audio combo and one of our forum members Jaivelu suggested me to look at this thread and now i really want to audition this combo! Please share the details and of course your review!

Thanks to all the feedback, I have also decided to go for Denon AVR-1713 model.. but wish to only use bookshelves or 2.1 or 3.1 speakers at most as I cannot route cables for the rear speakers for the next few months. Any recommendations on what I should buy? Budget for speakers 30-40K.

Congrats... wish to go for similar setup. Umapati, from which dealer did u buy it from? Would love to know your experience of sound quality with ur Wharfedale!

I have the same speaker set up (though only using 3.1 at the moment) in white color.
You can see the pictures in my Signature Link .

I love these speakers. At the asking price they are excellent VFM especially the sub and the center speaker. The whole combo performs really well with almost seamless integration. I used to KEF LCR before but these Wharfedales are any day better than the KEF LCR.

I bought the speakers package from 'The Shop' in Juhu. For some one staying this side of the suburbs, I highly recommend the shop as they even did the installation for me (Drilled the holes and put the speakers on the wall and connected the speaker cables to the AVR). Excellent service and I highly recommend 'The Shop' for this.

Hi, planning to pick the same speakers asap. Can you mention the price you paid & from whom purchased. Thanks & good luck with your set up.

Also for those in the know, will the dx1 work with Yamaha RX V 457.
Thanks in advance!!

Good buy and combination and futureproof.

Looks like very good price for Denon 1713 at 29K.. Anybody in chennai can point out some place for this price range >

Hi friends,
Sorry for the late reply and late review. As I was out of station for few days I couldnt get my set up installed and try it out. Last night only I got installed and trust my words its so awesome that I had sleepless night & wanted to test it ASAP.

Here I am posting pictures of my setup..

img0362n.jpg

img0347qb.jpg

img0365t.jpg

img0366og.jpg

img0364at.jpg

img0363cb.jpg

img0339bi.jpg

In morning first I tested it with few of movies from my collection (DVDs and downloaded movies on laptop) like- We are Soldiers , The Avengers, 2Fast to Furious, Saving private Ryan and so many other movies.. Superb clear sound with amazing surrounds effects. Thumping gun Shots, amazing roaring sound. Clear dialogue delivery from center speaker too.

Then I tested it with my Hathway HD box. Luckily Iron Manmovie was on Movies now. There also it was great listening experience. I have connected HD box HDMI connection to HDMI in of AVR and SPDIF out to AVR optical in. All the HD channel it performed very well.

For music I played Rock Songs, Pop Songs, Classical fusion like Rhydhun, other new songs and even Ghazals also. It was really a treat to ears. Endless musical journey. :)

Denon AVR airplay & Internet radio are also awesome. One thing that pinched me that internet radio was restricted thru Radio Denon ( via Vtuner service)..So was missing some of my favorite stations which I am getting on my Squeezebox Touch..Dont know how to tune other station than listed on Vtuner site. If somebody can help me I will be highly obliged. Coz by default it takes to search Vtuner listed stations only.

One more thing - the demo person told me not to press set up button on remote or all the set up parameter will be reset.Is it really true ? Coz I wanna play around some other advance set up or to tweak it treble and bass level, but i am afraid to do so.The operational manual is given on CD in pdf format so didn't get chance to read it thoroughly.Anybody having Denon 1713 plz guide me.

All in all Denon 1713+Wharfedale DX 1 is a great combination. I will surely recommend it for anybody. It really gets full marks in every kind of audio tests. I am loving it..:)

Congratulations! That is an awesome setup!

There is no problem in tinkering with the avr setup. Infact it is recommended to try and familiarize with different settings. The OSD will make the settings easy. Just pressing setup button won't reset the avr settings. You could also try audessey settings.

Remove the clothing while using the AVR to allow free air flow. Also in CBL mode you can try virtual surrounds like Dolby Prologic or DTS Neo6 to instead of stereo.

Congratulations! That is an awesome setup!

There is no problem in tinkering with the avr setup. Infact it is recommended to try and familiarize with different settings. The OSD will make the settings easy. Just pressing setup button won't reset the avr settings. You could also try audessey settings.

Remove the clothing while using the AVR to allow free air flow. Also in CBL mode you can try virtual surrounds like Dolby Prologic or DTS Neo6 to instead of stereo.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I usually remove clothe while using it.I have kept it just to hide cables behind it..and I will surely try other audio options n tweak it..

Did you also audition Wharfedale Moviestar MS-100 HCP 5.1 setup with the denon avr? If yes, how did it fare compared to the DX1 speakers?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back