My first ANC headphone - m40x or m50x?

mac4rfree

Hi guys,

This is my first post in the forum, so please bear with me if i have created the thread in wrong section.

I am planning to upgrade myself to first ANC over the ear headphone (primarly will be used with my Ryzen pc).

I am totally confused between ATH m40x and ATH m50x. Some reviews are saying m40x do more justice over m50x for the price point.

If there are any other suggestions for 6k. Please recommend to. Mostly i am trying to get it second hand.

cheers!!!

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Thank you for joining .... good luck with your search.

Thanks @hifitoaster for replying back. I am a noob when come to hifi. Acutally i was mentioning about the noise isolation.

I found some sale in headphonezone.in on Beyerdynamic Custom Street for 4k. How good is that when compared to m50x

Actually i am in talks for m50x for 5k (second hand). so, i am confused to go for second hand m50x for 5k or new Custom street for 4k.

Thanks for helping out in advance.

Hi guys,

This is my first post in the forum, so please bear with me if i have created the thread in wrong section.

I am planning to upgrade myself to first ANC over the ear headphone (primarly will be used with my Ryzen pc).

I am totally confused between ATH m40x and ATH m50x. Some reviews are saying m40x do more justice over m50x for the price point.

If there are any other suggestions for 6k. Please recommend to. Mostly i am trying to get it second hand.

cheers!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Rely on your ear. And taste. What kind of sound do you like?

If you prefer a sound that an elder at home would typically describe as "thump" or "boom" then chances are you'll prefer the 50. If you prefer a more balanced sound maybe the 40 will suit you better.

When in doubt, rely on your ear (wallet permitting).

Good luck.

Both of them are not ANC. I owned ath m50 for long time and used m40 of my friend, I liked m50 due to there clarity and sound signature.

I have the m40x .. the neutral sound is sometimes a bit thin ( I eq it ) . Recently heard the m50x which I had suggested for a friend since he is more into Spotify . M50 sounds pretty good .. can’t go wrong at that price point.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back