My first Home Theatre

gautamjain13

Hi,
I need a HT for my living room (size - 16'x14'). It will be mostly used for watching TV and movies. I want to know from you guys is YHT-196 a good buy? Getting it for 20,990 at reliance plus they are giving a Blu ray player free.
First I was planning to get Yht-298, which is costing me 31k plus he is asking for 5k as installation charges. Is it worth spending 15k more or should I opt for Yht 196?

YHT-196 does not decode dolby tru hd and dts hdma but you have this in YHT-298.

But why YHT-298? Why not YHT-296 which should be available at 27-28k . YHT-296 supports hd audio like Dolby Tru HD and DTS-HDMA.

5k for installation?????? that's too high just for drilling and connecting the wires. he's taking you for a ride. you can do the installation on your own, just call any electrician and he'll do it, also go through the instructions manual, you'll get all the instructions. Just tell him you'll do it yourself.

Else you can even have a look at Onkyo-3400 at 23-24K and Onkyo 3500 at 28K.

Thanks for your reply. I took a demo of Yht 196 and Onkyo 3400. Yht 196 does not stand in front of Onkyo. I was really impressed with Onkyo and am planning to buy it. I am getting it for Rs 27,300 from Reliance. They are giving a Philips blu ray player (3000 series) along with it.
I hope I have made the right decision

At this price point you wont go wrong with Onkyo 3400. It's the best bang for your buck.only thing is in future you wont be able to upgrade with better subwoofer as onkyo3400 has passive sub that means its not powered.

Thanks for your reply. I took a demo of Yht 196 and Onkyo 3400. Yht 196 does not stand in front of Onkyo. I was really impressed with Onkyo and am planning to buy it. I am getting it for Rs 27,300 from Reliance. They are giving a Philips blu ray player (3000 series) along with it.
I hope I have made the right decision

Why cant you consider Onkyo 3500? It has USB as an additional feature when compare to 3400 and the price are also same for both.

Thanks for the suggestions but I can always plug in the USB using the blu ray player. And I also get added advantage of playing Blu ray discs and DVDs(of which I have a huge collection :p).
I also had a little query: Why is Onkyo 3500 ($250) cheaper than 3400($380) on amazon?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back