My first HT setup

Sagar93

Hello guys,

I'm building my first Home Theatre on a limited budget. From all I've read on HifiVision, pairing an AVR with speakers seems like a better option than an HTIB. I've been doing research for the past 1 month and this is what I've shortlisted.

ReceiverPriceSpeakersPriceTVPrice
Pioneer AVR VSX-53437900Pioneer S-RS88TB-5.0 (Plus Subwoofer30900Vu 65PM59999
Onkyo TX-SR39338000Yamaha NSP41-5.120900Vu Cinema Action 65LX68999
Yamaha HTR 3072 (no atmos)32990Taga TAV 5.0 (plus sub)26500Nokia 65TAUHDN57999
Hisense A71F (58in)42499
Toshiba U79 65in63999

Please help me add better options to this. (Please note my budget for audio is 60k only)

Either a combination of these or I'll simply go for Yamaha YHT 3072 as the receiver is durable and comes with NSP41 speakers (not sure if NSP41s are great). The only downside is it doesn't have atmos support.

On the TV column, the Hisense 58inch seems to be the cheapest and good option.

Please suggest for both audio and video.

Thanks!

Hi Sagar,
Welcome to the world of HT's.

First formost why so eager to upgrade everything in one go? Baby steps would yield you better overall experience in long term.
Upgrade TV or HT one at a time.

Would advise wait to upgrade the TV, a lot of new TVs with good features will be released in this year.

Coming to the audio department, I am sorry but none of the receivers will give you true atmos experience. All mentioned receivers have 5 channels. In a Atmos or DTS X setup the last digit matters a lot. x.x.2 is the minimum requirement for a actual true atmos or dts x setup. The above receivers will do 3.1.2 if you go to atmos setup or 5.1 setup if you are fine with dolby or DTS.

Minimum requirement for a good atmos will need a receiver to have atleast 7 channels so they can be used in 5.1.2 configuration.

Coming to the speakers, not heard the pioneers but on paper the fronts go low to 25hz which is amazing but they look very ugly to me. I own Taga 606s they sound good for the money you invest, and have enough base without the sub too. So 506 should be good too, hope you are getting the FS for this price.

Which subwoofer you are getting with Pioneer and the Taga? Subwoofer is the heart of home theater, if you don't get this right you won't be satisfied with the setup. Placement also matters a lot.

I won't consider the Yamaha NSP-41 package if you are looking for theatre type performance. The speakers are mere satellites, sub will work alot. For 5.1 package they are ok.

Few days back I sold of my VSX 834 and Yamaha NSP-41 package for mere 48k

One thing to point out, some Pioneer dealers provide 2 years warranty.

Would be great if you tell us what is your expectation or needs from a Home Theater. 60k is a super tight budget.

Hi Sagar,
Welcome to the world of HT's.

First formost why so eager to upgrade everything in one go? Baby steps would yield you better overall experience in long term.
Upgrade TV or HT one at a time.

Would advise wait to upgrade the TV, a lot of new TVs with good features will be released in this year.

Coming to the audio department, I am sorry but none of the receivers will give you true atmos experience. All mentioned receivers have 5 channels. In a Atmos or DTS X setup the last digit matters a lot. x.x.2 is the minimum requirement for a actual true atmos or dts x setup. The above receivers will do 3.1.2 if you go to atmos setup or 5.1 setup if you are fine with dolby or DTS.

Minimum requirement for a good atmos will need a receiver to have atleast 7 channels so they can be used in 5.1.2 configuration.

Coming to the speakers, not heard the pioneers but on paper the fronts go low to 25hz which is amazing but they look very ugly to me. I own Taga 606s they sound good for the money you invest, and have enough base without the sub too. So 506 should be good too, hope you are getting the FS for this price.

Which subwoofer you are getting with Pioneer and the Taga? Subwoofer is the heart of home theater, if you don't get this right you won't be satisfied with the setup. Placement also matters a lot.

I won't consider the Yamaha NSP-41 package if you are looking for theatre type performance. The speakers are mere satellites, sub will work alot. For 5.1 package they are ok.

Few days back I sold of my VSX 834 and Yamaha NSP-41 package for mere 48k

One thing to point out, some Pioneer dealers provide 2 years warranty.

Would be great if you tell us what is your expectation or needs from a Home Theater. 60k is a super tight budget.
You're right! Maybe I should wait for the TV. Will do the audio part for now.

I am fine with a 5 channel receiver. 5.1 surround or 3.1.2 Atmos would be okay with me. In that case, which receiver would you pick?

About the speaker/subwoofer, since you've had a good experience with taga I'll finalize that. I couldn't shortlist a subwoofer, I'd need your help with that.

About my expectations, movies to music ratio would be 70:30. I watch movies from sources ranging from physical media to streaming on Netflix/prime/YouTube.

Where can I find these pioneer dealers?

Last edited:
A decent subwoofer would cost 20k plus that will shoot your price.

If I where in your place with 60K as budget. Would start with Taga Package and plus a decent 7.2 channel Receiver without sub.

Once I start using this, would learn and see what I need more. And save accordingly.
Remember baby steps?
Next would add a subwoofer
Next would come in Height Channels
Last would be my TV.

If you increase your budget slightly, you are in a room for good hometheatre experience.

With Pioneer, only dealers I know are Kripa Electronics near chakala. They have place to audition as well. If you speak with them, try asking for a used or auditioned AVR which will cost you less but can get some warranty and assurance from them. Also you can move to a higher tier.

Don't go by the prices on sites. You can bargain once you get in touch with dealers.

Welcome to the rabbit hole. Please don't be surprised if your budget doubles up by the timing your are done with shopping!
What is your room dimension?
11x11 where I'm setting up the ht. I didn't want to spend more than 50-60k but now this is going upto a lac. Thinking if Yamaha YHT 3072 is worth it for a newbie. What are your thoughts on that htib?

11x11 where I'm setting up the ht. I didn't want to spend more than 50-60k but now this is going upto a lac. Thinking if Yamaha YHT 3072 is worth it for a newbie. What are your thoughts on that htib?
The thing about HT/Hifi is that you would crave for more endlessly. I have wasted a lot of money trying to go for ensemble HT, then switching to stereo craving and settling for ensemble HT. I think myself as a Jugaad fellow and preach the below content. Ignore my comments if you have a refined view of life ;-)

From Financial Planning standpoint, ask yourself these questions:
  1. Have I secured myself for basics (roti, kapda, Makaan)?
  2. Would spending 1L make anybody in the family (parents, wife, GF) mad about you? If yes, please discuss with them and agree upon the priorities. The support group would either bring you to senses or if you are lucky, would be mentally prepared to justify your actions with their friends.
  3. Would you prefer to make small spends incrementally? or prefer to get set in one-go?
Once you have thought through this, you would either modify the budget or the hifi-devil in you would convince you that spend is absolutely critical to keep you sane and enthuse you to live life. Once the budget is frozen, I would suggest the following options.

If you are into buying only new stuff:
  1. HTIB if you want to be frugal as the room that you have is small and they would definitely work well ~30K. You would definitely get an itch for an upgrade if you ever visit another FM with a better setup. Unless you are not envious type or not a content person, I would not recommend it.
  2. Satellite speakers + SW + entry level AVRs - a package like this ~80K
  3. Good Sound bars for ~30K budget (if you have a rectangle shaped room with walls to reflect sound). Given that you are looking to stream from TV, this is very good solution (Might not be making you look like hifi guy but they can work at par with HTIB and sometimes better.
  4. If I were to tempt to you to be greedy and add up all the highest amount on the allocation, (comes close to 1.1L), I would suggest go for the best AVR and pick up just a pair of good bookshelves or floorstanders as you want. A lot of FMs from Bangalore are having rave reviews about IndiqAudio. I see Hifimart running really good prices on Wharfedale FS and Mission FS. You can add other channels as the finances improve. Center is important but surrounds can be compromised with cheap stuff (I have been using Philips DH215 from Powerhouse systems of 90s as my surrounds. They work really well).
If you are daring to go for used stuff, please post a wanted ad in classified on our forum. It is likely that there are many FMs who would want to upgrade from entry level setup to the next level. Only challenge is that it is electronics and one cannot determine if an item was serviced or not. I have always been daring about buying used stuff. These are suggestion that I would make :
  1. Go for used 5.0 setup like TAGA or JAMO (should be less than 20K since they were sold around 27-30K about 3-4 years back) and entry level AVR like Marantz NR series or Denon X1200, X1300H. you should be able to get both for 60K
  2. Go for used 5.0 setup speakers but buy new AVR if you are scared about used electronics like receiver.
  3. If you are not fixated about Atmos, you should see reference range models (Top end models) of 2000's like Marantz SR9600, Denon AVC-A1HD or good mid level from 2010s like Marantz SR5010-SR5011, Pioneer LX series, Denon X3300H at good prices in Maharashtra. These gears might not have the latest HDMI/e-ARC etc but were built to last. I have a Jurassic AVR from 1990s with a 5.1 output working very well even now. I am using them as stereo amp for my parent's bedroom setup.
  4. Same budget as bullet 4 but just go for premium range used pair of speakers for 50-60K and balance for AVR.
Enough of my rant. Enjoy the hunt !!!

The thing about HT/Hifi is that you would crave for more endlessly. I have wasted a lot of money trying to go for ensemble HT, then switching to stereo craving and settling for ensemble HT. I think myself as a Jugaad fellow and preach the below content. Ignore my comments if you have a refined view of life ;-)

From Financial Planning standpoint, ask yourself these questions:
  1. Have I secured myself for basics (roti, kapda, Makaan)?
  2. Would spending 1L make anybody in the family (parents, wife, GF) mad about you? If yes, please discuss with them and agree upon the priorities. The support group would either bring you to senses or if you are lucky, would be mentally prepared to justify your actions with their friends.
  3. Would you prefer to make small spends incrementally? or prefer to get set in one-go?
Once you have thought through this, you would either modify the budget or the hifi-devil in you would convince you that spend is absolutely critical to keep you sane and enthuse you to live life. Once the budget is frozen, I would suggest the following options.

If you are into buying only new stuff:
  1. HTIB if you want to be frugal as the room that you have is small and they would definitely work well ~30K. You would definitely get an itch for an upgrade if you ever visit another FM with a better setup. Unless you are not envious type or not a content person, I would not recommend it.
  2. Satellite speakers + SW + entry level AVRs - a package like this ~80K
  3. Good Sound bars for ~30K budget (if you have a rectangle shaped room with walls to reflect sound). Given that you are looking to stream from TV, this is very good solution (Might not be making you look like hifi guy but they can work at par with HTIB and sometimes better.
  4. If I were to tempt to you to be greedy and add up all the highest amount on the allocation, (comes close to 1.1L), I would suggest go for the best AVR and pick up just a pair of good bookshelves or floorstanders as you want. A lot of FMs from Bangalore are having rave reviews about IndiqAudio. I see Hifimart running really good prices on Wharfedale FS and Mission FS. You can add other channels as the finances improve. Center is important but surrounds can be compromised with cheap stuff (I have been using Philips DH215 from Powerhouse systems of 90s as my surrounds. They work really well).
If you are daring to go for used stuff, please post a wanted ad in classified on our forum. It is likely that there are many FMs who would want to upgrade from entry level setup to the next level. Only challenge is that it is electronics and one cannot determine if an item was serviced or not. I have always been daring about buying used stuff. These are suggestion that I would make :
  1. Go for used 5.0 setup like TAGA or JAMO (should be less than 20K since they were sold around 27-30K about 3-4 years back) and entry level AVR like Marantz NR series or Denon X1200, X1300H. you should be able to get both for 60K
  2. Go for used 5.0 setup speakers but buy new AVR if you are scared about used electronics like receiver.
  3. If you are not fixated about Atmos, you should see reference range models (Top end models) of 2000's like Marantz SR9600, Denon AVC-A1HD or good mid level from 2010s like Marantz SR5010-SR5011, Pioneer LX series, Denon X3300H at good prices in Maharashtra. These gears might not have the latest HDMI/e-ARC etc but were built to last. I have a Jurassic AVR from 1990s with a 5.1 output working very well even now. I am using them as stereo amp for my parent's bedroom setup.
  4. Same budget as bullet 4 but just go for premium range used pair of speakers for 50-60K and balance for AVR.
Enough of my rant. Enjoy the hunt !!!
Financial planning standpoint:
1. Roti, kapda, makaan is secure
2. & 3. I'd like to do it all in one go and go on a no cost EMI. A few dealers in Pune offer no cost EMI if I ensemble HT with them. That way, I'm paying small amounts every month and not making a hole in my pocket.

And yes, I'm into buying new. I might settle for a used speaker set but never for a used AVR. With such delicate and expensive components it's scary.

1. I'm not the envious type but I've noticed myself wanting more. My father got a Phillips 5.1 with an inbuilt amplifier 13 years ago. I used to watch movies with it and I always wanted more. More of that punchy bass + clarity. I wanted to hear every small murmur in those Harry Potter movies.

2. 80k is 25% more than what I had planned (60k). Which is why I have been more inclined towards yamaha YHT 3072 (plus the 11x11 room size). I'd love to know what everyone thinks about it. It's either really good or bad. All answers are in grey here not in black and white which increases the confusion.

3072 | 11x11 room | mostly for movies - Yes or No?

3. I hate soundbars. I know they might replicate a 7ch but an actual 7ch is an actual 7ch.

4. What would be the best budget AVR according to you?

2. & 3. I'd like to do it all in one go and go on a no cost EMI. A few dealers in Pune offer no cost EMI if I ensemble HT with them. That way, I'm paying small amounts every month and not making a hole in my pocket.

And yes, I'm into buying new. I might settle for a used speaker set but never for a used AVR. With such delicate and expensive components it's scary.

1. I'm not the envious type but I've noticed myself wanting more. My father got a Phillips 5.1 with an inbuilt amplifier 13 years ago. I used to watch movies with it and I always wanted more. More of that punchy bass + clarity. I wanted to hear every small murmur in those Harry Potter movies.

2. 80k is 25% more than what I had planned (60k). Which is why I have been more inclined towards yamaha YHT 3072 (plus the 11x11 room size). I'd love to know what everyone thinks about it. It's either really good or bad. All answers are in grey here not in black and white which increases the confusion.

3. I hate soundbars. I know they might replicate a 7ch but an actual 7ch is an actual 7ch.

1. I do not have a personal experience with HTIB but am very sure that it would be much better than Philips 5.1. Where would it lack? The room calibration becomes important if you are going to be finnicky about minute sounds and clarity. An entry level AVR like Denon X250 would have slightly better calibration compared to HTIB. But in terms of amplification power, they would be quite similar. HTIB would be lacking in speaker quality as even Taga 506 would sound better than satellite speakers of Yamaha. If you are on a strict budget HTIB would not dissappoint at all.
2. 80K vs 60K - How many months would you take to fill this 20K gap? If it is less than 6 months, it is better to save up and buy better stuff.
3. Budget AVR - Driven by budget :p I would like to buy DenonX1400H or Marantz NR series or Pioneer VXS-934 if I can afford it. I would put in 60-70-80K on AVR and buy used speakers.
Most would recommend putting best bucks in speakers and then buy electronics. But, I always leaned towards mid-level AVR and compromised on speakers as I felt I had to be future proof in terms of technology.

1. Most of us here are of the wanting more type, unfortunately more does not have an endpoint and many of us end up spending till we reach a level of satisfaction or level of bankruptcy :) . The expectation of wanting to hear every small detail in movies is good to have but not realistically easily achievable , this is a combination of the equipment's you end up buying plus how your room reacts to the equipment. ( Read on up on room acoustics). You need to go extreme lengths to achieve that level of dialogue legibility even with an expensive setup.

2. There is no black and white in audio as there is lot of subjectivity unlike buying something like a mobile phone or say a gaming laptop. However on a subjective basis, I would say 3072 is a no-go and I would recommend you to at least get a Marantz NR-1509 or Yamaha RX-V485/585/Yamaha V4A/ Denon X1600/Denon X2700H (listed in order of increasing prices) new or used as you feel appropriate. To be honest if you get an used unit under warranty I would blindly pick it up, since warranty in India is just for a year and used/new makes almost zilch difference for slightly used units.
All of these AVR come with their room calibration softwares which try to correct issues arising as a part of the room acoustics. The Denon X1600 and onwards do this job quiet well in comparison to the Yamaha series. This helps in somewhat achieving the point you mentioned about wanting to hear "murmurs" and other stuff via some EQ applied to the sound.
Satellite packages are not that bad , but the reason they are unpopular is that for a nominal increment in budget you get a much better sounding system. I had a Polk TL-1600 + Yamaha RX-V479 for almost 4+ years which I enjoyed watching movies on primarily because I had not auditioned anything better (other than in theaters ofcourse) , but the moment I auditioned some bookshelfs with proper sub the experience was easily much better and different.

The cheapest setup I could possibly recommend outside satellites is
- Taga TAV-506 if available (the newver version is 606/607 i guess) costing about 35k (new one is 40k+)
- Marantz NR-1509 (guess its about 35-38k , but not sure)
- Subwoofer - Ideally dont get one right away, save up for the amount of time you need to and get a decent one priced in the range of 30-40k. The cheapest sub you could get away with is Yamaha NS-300(about 27k), but its not the recommended sub. Recommended sub for Taga would be atleast a Polk HTS-10 (about 35k-36k) , QAcoustics QB-12 (can be had for 38-40k if one bargains hard).

This setup should feel like a good improvement over satellite based setup or the HtiB's from Sony/Philips. Even if you opt for satellite packages like Polk TL-1600/ Wharfedale DX-2 the AVR would need to be one of the above to get a good surround experience.

Very well said Arun, future has to be secured to start this hobby. This is a pocket heavy hobby.

Sagar, read you will opt for EMI - are you sure about this? As far as I know most of the dealers don't have no cost EMI options. You will end up paying abit more than you would if you buy it straight away.
Would prefer straight away payment for such things.

I have listed down few budget friendly packages which you can try.

1) Pioneer vsx 933 - 43,000k
Taga 506 - aprrox 24k or less
* Buy a Subwoofer later

Or Taga In Movie speaker package - 26k
Includes subwoofer

2) Wharfedale DX-2 Home Cinema Package with Denon AV Receiver - 80k
This comes with a Denon 250 receiver I guess so. You can confirm with the dealer.

3) Marantz NR1509 5.2-channel slimline AV receiver + MISSION M-CUBE Satellite Speakers 5.1 Bundle Package - 74k

Out of all these the pioneer is a very good receiver which will be future proof with 7.2 and dolby atmos. Has almost all the bells and whistles.

Othet listed packages will give you satellite speakers but with subwoofer. Taga In Movie is a great package too with bookshelves and a matching taga sub. My friend owns one and it sounds great.

Pick your match according to the budget. Also these are listed prices on the websites, you can bargain and get better deals from them or dealers around your area.

To be honest if you get an used unit under warranty I would blindly pick it up, since warranty in India is just for a year and used/new makes almost zilch difference for slightly used units.
This is one of the reasons why I don't fret much about used electronics. But, still it is a personal decision.

1. Most of us here are of the wanting more type, unfortunately more does not have an endpoint and many of us end up spending till we reach a level of satisfaction or level of bankruptcy :) . The expectation of wanting to hear every small detail in movies is good to have but not realistically easily achievable , this is a combination of the equipment's you end up buying plus how your room reacts to the equipment. ( Read on up on room acoustics). You need to go extreme lengths to achieve that level of dialogue legibility even with an expensive setup.

2. There is no black and white in audio as there is lot of subjectivity unlike buying something like a mobile phone or say a gaming laptop. However on a subjective basis, I would say 3072 is a no-go and I would recommend you to at least get a Marantz NR-1509 or Yamaha RX-V485/585/Yamaha V4A/ Denon X1600/Denon X2700H (listed in order of increasing prices) new or used as you feel appropriate. To be honest if you get an used unit under warranty I would blindly pick it up, since warranty in India is just for a year and used/new makes almost zilch difference for slightly used units.
All of these AVR come with their room calibration softwares which try to correct issues arising as a part of the room acoustics. The Denon X1600 and onwards do this job quiet well in comparison to the Yamaha series. This helps in somewhat achieving the point you mentioned about wanting to hear "murmurs" and other stuff via some EQ applied to the sound.
Satellite packages are not that bad , but the reason they are unpopular is that for a nominal increment in budget you get a much better sounding system. I had a Polk TL-1600 + Yamaha RX-V479 for almost 4+ years which I enjoyed watching movies on primarily because I had not auditioned anything better (other than in theaters ofcourse) , but the moment I auditioned some bookshelfs with proper sub the experience was easily much better and different.

The cheapest setup I could possibly recommend outside satellites is
- Taga TAV-506 if available (the newver version is 606/607 i guess) costing about 35k (new one is 40k+)
- Marantz NR-1509 (guess its about 35-38k , but not sure)
- Subwoofer - Ideally dont get one right away, save up for the amount of time you need to and get a decent one priced in the range of 30-40k. The cheapest sub you could get away with is Yamaha NS-300(about 27k), but its not the recommended sub. Recommended sub for Taga would be atleast a Polk HTS-10 (about 35k-36k) , QAcoustics QB-12 (can be had for 38-40k if one bargains hard).

This setup should feel like a good improvement over satellite based setup or the HtiB's from Sony/Philips. Even if you opt for satellite packages like Polk TL-1600/ Wharfedale DX-2 the AVR would need to be one of the above to get a good surround experience.
I have my eyes on Yamaha v4a but it seems v4a and v6a have some issues right now. They promise a resolution with a firmware update to which no date is provided.

Denon and Marantz AVRs you mentioned are SUPER but sadly out of budget. I'm looking at marantz 1509 right now it's almost double of what you've mentioned (66k on hifimart).

That's one of the main reasons why I'm looking at the Pioneer VSX 534, yamaha 3072, and Denon 550 bt. All are around 40k. 550bt is 10k higher than 3072 which is significant but offers the same features so thinking about that too.

The Pioneer does a 5.1 and a 3.1.2 when switched to Atmos. This is fantastic and good enough for me. It ain't possible to setup a 7.2 in the 12ish x 12ish room I'm gonna use for HT.

About the speakers, Taga look gooooood. I think I'm going for the 506, costs 24k on hifimart, perfect. I was thinking of going for the same brand of sub as the speaker. Anything awesome in Taga?

Very well said Arun, future has to be secured to start this hobby. This is a pocket heavy hobby.

Sagar, read you will opt for EMI - are you sure about this? As far as I know most of the dealers don't have no cost EMI options. You will end up paying abit more than you would if you buy it straight away.
Would prefer straight away payment for such things.

I have listed down few budget friendly packages which you can try.

1) Pioneer vsx 933 - 43,000k
Taga 506 - aprrox 24k or less
* Buy a Subwoofer later

Or Taga In Movie speaker package - 26k
Includes subwoofer

2) Wharfedale DX-2 Home Cinema Package with Denon AV Receiver - 80k
This comes with a Denon 250 receiver I guess so. You can confirm with the dealer.

3) Marantz NR1509 5.2-channel slimline AV receiver + MISSION M-CUBE Satellite Speakers 5.1 Bundle Package - 74k

Out of all these the pioneer is a very good receiver which will be future proof with 7.2 and dolby atmos. Has almost all the bells and whistles.

Othet listed packages will give you satellite speakers but with subwoofer. Taga In Movie is a great package too with bookshelves and a matching taga sub. My friend owns one and it sounds great.

Pick your match according to the budget. Also these are listed prices on the websites, you can bargain and get better deals from them or dealers around your area.
Option 1 seems super! Except vsx933 is 7.2ch. I'm looking for 5.1ch at the moment. Small HT room as mentioned in the prev reply. Thoughts on Pioneer vsx 534?

Option 2 denon 250bt looks good. How about taga 506 with them? Would this combo go well? What's the difference between 250bt and 550bt, I can't see anything on comparison except 550bt is 5.2.

Please share link for Taga in-movie speaker set with subwoofer. I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks man!

I have my eyes on Yamaha v4a but it seems v4a and v6a have some issues right now. They promise a resolution with a firmware update to which no date is provided.

Denon and Marantz AVRs you mentioned are SUPER but sadly out of budget. I'm looking at marantz 1509 right now it's almost double of what you've mentioned (66k on hifimart).

That's one of the main reasons why I'm looking at the Pioneer VSX 534, yamaha 3072, and Denon 550 bt. All are around 40k. 550bt is 10k higher than 3072 which is significant but offers the same features so thinking about that too.

The Pioneer does a 5.1 and a 3.1.2 when switched to Atmos. This is fantastic and good enough for me. It ain't possible to setup a 7.2 in the 12ish x 12ish room I'm gonna use for HT.

About the speakers, Taga look gooooood. I think I'm going for the 506, costs 24k on hifimart, perfect. I was thinking of going for the same brand of sub as the speaker. Anything awesome in Taga?
Check calling Hifimart for thr Marantz , they might be able to give a similar price. I had got myself one a year back at 33k.

A 11 by 11 room should be able to easily accommodate a 5.1.2 system , so don't worry on the room size.
I am not sure how Pioneer converts a 5.1 into a 3.1.2 as atmos requires specific layouts (either ceiling or heights or upfiring) , but the Yamaha/Denon would be a clear cut improvement over Pioneer. I sold my VX-479 to a guy who owned Pioneer receiver and he said there was a huge improvement with the same set of speakers (both supporting only 5.1 and no atmos). The 3072/x250bt/x550bt are not bad but certainly not worth spending so much money, better to get an used AVR and sell it in future for a small loss and get a good AVR later on. The processing on AVR combined with Auto-eq plays a big role in a good experience and you may miss out if you go for any of these receivers.

I would suggest to call different stores and enquire on the best price and then make a decision on the AVR. I think there is a Taga 212 SW but again the Yamaha NS-300 would be a better buy or even better would he to look for an used one

Pioneer VSX933 is better than 534 even though it is a older version. Here is the link and this has Chromecast and streaming options too.
3.1.2 is a gimmick, don't fall for it. 5.1.2 is the minimum speaker requirement you need to start actual Atmos.
11x11 room is more than enough to accommodate 7 speakers, note: for Atmos the setup will be identical as 5.1 but you will just add ceiling speakers, so this won't eat your space.

If you buy a lower tier AVR now the upgrade bug will bite you. So buy a mid tier setup. VSX is better than the Denon 250BT too. But upto you what your requirements are. Marantz 1509 is also a good 5.1 receiver.

Be any kind of receiver you buy, the lower end receivers don't cut in much. They are good for their price offer. Denon's or Pioneer would be my pick. Marantz are somewhat expensive for the budget you have.

Here is the link for Taga In Movie Package Reach out to the dealers through whats app they do reply and let you know on the availability.

I recently got the Taga 212 SE subwoofer for 28k and it is really good. Excellent dynamics and matches my Taga Speakers perfectly.

Pioneer VSX933 is better than 534 even though it is a older version. Here is the link and this has Chromecast and streaming options too.
3.1.2 is a gimmick, don't fall for it. 5.1.2 is the minimum speaker requirement you need to start actual Atmos.
11x11 room is more than enough to accommodate 7 speakers, note: for Atmos the setup will be identical as 5.1 but you will just add ceiling speakers, so this won't eat your space.

If you buy a lower tier AVR now the upgrade bug will bite you. So buy a mid tier setup. VSX is better than the Denon 250BT too. But upto you what your requirements are. Marantz 1509 is also a good 5.1 receiver.

Be any kind of receiver you buy, the lower end receivers don't cut in much. They are good for their price offer. Denon's or Pioneer would be my pick. Marantz are somewhat expensive for the budget you have.

Here is the link for Taga In Movie Package Reach out to the dealers through whats app they do reply and let you know on the availability.

I recently got the Taga 212 SE subwoofer for 28k and it is really good. Excellent dynamics and matches my Taga Speakers perfectly.
How about this combo?
Pioneer vsx933 + Taga 506v2 + Taga TSW90?

A Pioneer vsx933 is available for 40k on IndiaMART and above mentioned Taga 5.1 package at 30k from a dealer in Surat.

Also, I'm kinda worried about ensemble HT coz I'm not a pro at matching speakers to AVR basis Freq response/impedance etc. What am I supposed to check when buying the above combo??

@fLUX @amrutmhatre90

This should be the ideal combination, best one you can have in your budget.

Matching speaker's won't be required as the new AVRs do it on their own while calibration.
You get a mic with AVRs which understands how are your speakers, what crossover they can have, how far they are.

AVRs have impedance between 4-16 or 4-8 atleast. You need speakers around them, most speakers are around 6-8 so these packages would be good

Their are tons of videos on YouTube how to set these up. Its very easy.

Would suggest get everything from one dealer, he can give you good discount.
If you want I can talk with someone I know.

This should be the ideal combination, best one you can have in your budget.

Matching speaker's won't be required as the new AVRs do it on their own while calibration.
You get a mic with AVRs which understands how are your speakers, what crossover they can have, how far they are.

AVRs have impedance between 4-16 or 4-8 atleast. You need speakers around them, most speakers are around 6-8 so these packages would be good

Their are tons of videos on YouTube how to set these up. Its very easy.

Would suggest get everything from one dealer, he can give you good discount.
If you want I can talk with someone I know.
Yes, please. If you can get me the combo at a discount that'd be great!

How about this combo?

A Pioneer vsx933 is available for 40k on IndiaMART and above mentioned Taga 5.1 package at 30k from a dealer in Surat.

Also, I'm kinda worried about ensemble HT coz I'm not a pro at matching speakers to AVR basis Freq response/impedance etc. What am I supposed to check when buying the above combo??

@fLUX @amrutmhatre90

Dont need to check anything , the Taga 506 package should work fine with the Pioneer VSX933 without need for any specific to be setup as long as you get the wiring correct. For calibration you will receive a mic with the AVR and you will need to connect it and run the calibration procedure , the manual will have this detailed out (plus you always have the forum members to assist incase of any query).

I would still recommend you to go for a better sub than the TSW90 , the Taga floorstanders product decent enough bass and you will need a fairly decent subwoofer to dig deeper than the floorstanders.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back