• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Alfahath

HELLO members of hifi vision , after going through a long research i finally setup a home theatre at my place. thank you soo much for the people who helped me and encouraged me to do this theatre. im sharing my setup pictures below. its a late post though, its been a month since i set it up. its just in amateur level setup :p

SPONSORED ADS

Attachments

SPONSORED ADS

mpasanthosh

HELLO members of hifi vision , after going through a long research i finally setup a home theatre at my place. thank you soo much for the people who helped me and encouraged me to do this theatre. im sharing my setup pictures below. its a late post though, its been a month since i set it up. its just in amateur level setup :p
Nice effort, please do post more details on the speakers/AVR/Source used.

tuff

Cool stuff. What is that black screen in one pic and a white in another?

Alfahath

Looks very nice..
thank you sir... :)
@mpasanthosh .i have a 7.1 setup with yamaha RX-V677 AVR, speaker wharfedale's crystal 4.3 towers for front left and right, crystal 4 c for centre , a pair of crystal 4.1 bookshelf for side surrounds, a pair of torvin's bookshelf for rear surround, 6inch 100 watts torvin active sub, projector dell 1060HD. i have imported wharfedale crystal speakers from singapore since this series is not available in india.
@tuff that is also a lycra spandex fabric for the high gain, i have put two fabrics , at first black and then its covered with white material for high gain, since it is an ATS (ACOUSTICALLY TRANSPARENT SCREEN).source im using my PC with ASUS XONAR U7 sound card which is 7.1 supported.
@RaahulT ALL the details are mentioned above :)7

Last edited:

MaSh

Hey hi,

Welcome to the forum.

That's a lovely setup you have. One question though, which graphics card are you using? Why do you need a 7.1 sound card when you can bitstream the signal via HDMI to the receiver and let it do the decoding. What's your chain of signal?

MaSh

Alfahath

Hey hi,

Welcome to the forum.

That's a lovely setup you have. One question though, which graphics card are you using? Why do you need a 7.1 sound card when you can bitstream the signal via HDMI to the receiver and let it do the decoding. What's your chain of signal?

MaSh
Thank you :)
i dont have any additional graphics card sir, just using the pc as it is. it doesnt have an hdmi port. so im using a display port to hdmi converter. since i was on a minimal budget i didnt get a proper graphics card.

VSTEREO

@mpasanthosh .i have a 7.1 setup with yamaha RX-V677 AVR, speaker wharfedale's crystal 4.3 towers for front left and right, crystal 4 c for centre , a pair of crystal 4.1 bookshelf for side surrounds, a pair of torvin's bookshelf for rear surround, 6inch 100 watts torvin active sub, projector dell 1060HD. i have imported wharfedale crystal speakers from singapore since this series is not available in india.
@tuff that is also a lycra spandex fabric for the high gain, i have put two fabrics , at first black and then its covered with white material for high gain, since it is an ATS (ACOUSTICALLY TRANSPARENT SCREEN).source im using my PC with ASUS XONAR U7 sound card which is 7.1 supported.
Great setup.

How about the lows ? 6 inch is small IMO.

mpasanthosh

Nice setup .

SPONSORED ADS

tusharshukla1991

Nice setup and really nice diy for acoustic

I would suggest to go for Android tv box and use external HD for streaming movies to AVR.
Cheers!

MaSh

Thank you :)
i dont have any additional graphics card sir, just using the pc as it is. it doesnt have an hdmi port. so im using a display port to hdmi converter. since i was on a minimal budget i didnt get a proper graphics card.
Oh alright. That's nice. What about audio? The sound card feeds 7 channels to the receiver or does it have a optical/coaxial out going to the receiver?

MaSh

MaSh

@MaSh the external sound card feeds 7.1 channel through optical.
Alright nice. Sorry another question. Display Port also carries Audio. Why not use that? Does the Display Port to HDMI converter strip the Audio Signal? The reason is, Optical is limited to 5.1 Dolby Digital, whereas Display port is similar to HDMI and can transmit higher formats.

MaSh

SPONSORED ADS