My Humble Hi-Fi

indy70

Guys, This is my current setup for listening to Music.

16008942451_d356a541b5.jpg

Norge 2060 amp
Sony BDP S370 (Since I got Pioneer BDP 450 for my HT Setup)
iPod Touch 2nd Gen
Denon Bookshelf from 1311xp HTIB (SYS 391 speakers) (Since I got Polk TSi300 for my HT Setup).

I had pieced this together considering reuse. Overall setup sounds great. I am getting FiiO x1 and still awaiting for someone to bring that to me from US :) That will be my doorway to Hi-Res music.

Any suggestions guys - to add/remove/replace something in the setup ? Please do let me know, appreciate your inputs.

Glad you are reusing the HTIB speakers without abandoning them.... I too had used Onkyo HTIB speakers with Marantz AVR and was good...

Thanks George, not sure if Norge has a Sub out, let me check this out. I can try it with my Denon HTIB sub.

Hi Preth, CD Players expensive ain't it ? Any good one in a 10 to 15k range ? Also if it plays FLAC/ALAC though USB or a iPod interface through USB will be good. That will solve my DAC problem as well for the iPod.

If you dont have a sub, there are ways to work around it-provided you have a line in. You can use an RCA splitter to take two outputs and feed one signal into your sub.

Hi Preth, CD Players expensive ain't it ? Any good one in a 10 to 15k range ? Also if it plays FLAC/ALAC though USB or a iPod interface through USB will be good. That will solve my DAC problem as well for the iPod.

Check the Oppo 80 which is on sale in the forum should meet all your requirements I think. Its actually a multichannel player so has a sub-out option which can be connected directly to a powered sub with the Oppo's RCA out as a stereo to your amplifier. I did that with my Oppo 980 and it sounds good with sub-out and RCA with in-built DAC.

Back