My New Music Hall A70.2

srisaikat

Hi friends,
I want to share my joy with my fellow fm with the pictures of newly bought Music Hall A70.2. But First I want to thank "Blasto", without whose thread it might be remain undiscovered for the rest of my musical journey, it is true beauty of sound, you have lots of details (more than EMOTIVA, NAD, DENON which I previously owned) but the presentation is so polite, so sweet. This amp is a class apart. It sounds detailed without harshness and dryness. I am really happy to share some Pictures. It has no tone control, but who need it if it sounds so addicting. My quest of detailed & warm sound signature is seems to over. I hope I do not have to think for any more upgrade on amp for many years to come. I have connected it with my beloved Polk Rti-A7. It sounds already good & sweet. But if any fm care to advise me for right speaker to pair with it within 1 lac range which would sound better I will be grateful.:eek:hyeah:

Attachments

• DSC_0191x.jpg
    DSC_0191x.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC_0196x.jpg
    DSC_0196x.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Aha.. nice to hear & see your new Amp! .. may we know whre did U get it , and how much did it send you back ;)

congratulations!

I earlier read great reviews by blasto and srinisundar regarding another model of music hall.

Can you share the dealer details and price you paid. I thought nobody was dealing with music hall amps in india.

My immediate reaction is very positive. I have paired it with Polk Rti-A7, it sounds quite good and sweet. However I am seeking your advise for right speaker to pair with Music Hall which would sound better than Polk.

my 2 cents.. please run with the Polks for some time more ( alteast 2 to 3 weeks ).. find out is there is REALLY a cause to be unhappy and then look around.

Polks are good speakers too and satisfaction is something that is purely personal.

Funny thing is.. sometimes fatigue of looking around leads you to satisfaction as well.

:))

If you wish you may like to hear the Epos Epic 5 or Elan 30 ( Floorstanders ) or there is an Epos M12i on sale ( demo ) at audiogon for USD 650. I am not sure if this is possible in Kolkata.

Our FM used to have Epos M5i and he also owned the Music hall amp for sometime.. maybe you can chat with him.

Not that i own a pair of M12i but i have read a small report on stereophile that this particular amp played well with Epos Elan 30.

PS : Are you going to use the balanced connectors from your CDP to the new amp ? You may like to check if the new amp is really internally balanced or just offers the option of balanced connectors at the rear.

enjoi !! the new amp looks good too.

mpw

WATCH IT!
The manual states .... the unit has been designed for use in moderate climates. Also states NOT to use it below 5 deg C and more than 35 deg C. Kolkata easily 'ups' 35 deg C! Take extra care for unit ventilation, by leaving sufficient open space all around and preferably use it in an AC environment during summers.

my 2 cents.. please run with the Polks for some time more ( alteast 2 to 3 weeks ).. find out is there is REALLY a cause to be unhappy and then look around.

Polks are good speakers too and satisfaction is something that is purely personal.

Funny thing is.. sometimes fatigue of looking around leads you to satisfaction as well.

If you wish you may like to hear the Epos Epic 5 or Elan 30 ( Floorstanders ) or there is an Epos M12i on sale ( demo ) at audiogon for USD 650. I am not sure if this is possible in Kolkata.

Our FM used to have Epos M5i and he also owned the Music hall amp for sometime.. maybe you can chat with him.

Not that i own a pair of M12i but i have read a small report on stereophile that this particular amp played well with Epos Elan 30.

PS : Are you going to use the balanced connectors from your CDP to the new amp ? You may like to check if the new amp is really internally balanced or just offers the option of balanced connectors at the rear.

enjoi !! the new amp looks good too.

mpw

It is not that I am not satisfied with Polk Rti-A7, on the contrary Polk is quite capable of revealing and differentiate the ss (sound signature) of each amp I ever used with it (i.e, from Emotiva to NAD to DENON to Music Hall). Polk Rti-A7 is also very musical. The most attractive part is bass section of Polk Rti-A7, it is defined and punchy not boomy, up to a very louder extent it never distort. It's high fq also like crystal but sweet not harsh. Now the mid is neutrally balanced, not over or very expressive like what I found with Usher v-601 (it's a BS speaker where Rti-A7 is FS). But bass is more expressive and decent on Polk, so I am quite happy with Polk. But I wonder if there is any scope of further improvement by pairing it with any other speaker brand. I know Epos is one of Music Hall's house brand. So it is not strange that Epos should have match Music Hall better, but it is not available in Kolkata. And importing speaker is quite costly business (I am leaned towards Epos Elan 30). Can u please name the FM who owned "Epos M5i and the Music hall amp for sometime"?

FM srinisundar .. i believe..used to own both.

I see you seem to be quite satisfied with the Polks going by those lovely prose penned.

maybe the right question for you to answer will be what improvement in sound will be justified by spending that 1 lac and will it be worth it ?? will the improvement be incremental or a big jump.

In any case.. audition is the only way to know for your self.

BTW... Music hall is a distributor in The USA for Epos and therefore Epos is not Music Hall's brand. Epos belongs now to Creek Audio.

Just a small correction.

wish you luck and happy hunting...

PS : Reference point is the epos dealer in bangalore and one of our FM's from Kolkata kushanava auditioned the M12i's in kolkata not too long ago. I am aware these are standmounts but maybe you could try your luck with the Kolkata dealer anyways.

thanks
mpw

WATCH IT!
The manual states .... the unit has been designed for use in moderate climates. Also states NOT to use it below 5 deg C and more than 35 deg C. Kolkata easily 'ups' 35 deg C! Take extra care for unit ventilation, by leaving sufficient open space all around and preferably use it in an AC environment during summers.

Thanks for your concern. Yes, Kolkata easily 'ups' 35 deg C! But that is outside temp, room temp very rarely gets over 35 deg C. No, the amplifier is not right on top of my rack, but there is 8 inches space/gap on it's top which I think is quite safe. Moreover within last 2/3 weeks sometime I kept it playing continuously over 24 hrs, but it never get that warm. But any way thank you and I will definitely take precaution during playback.

FM srinisundar .. i believe..used to own both.

I see you seem to be quite satisfied with the Polks going by those lovely prose penned.

maybe the right question for you to answer will be what improvement in sound will be justified by spending that 1 lac and will it be worth it ?? will the improvement be incremental or a big jump.

In any case.. audition is the only way to know for your self.

BTW... Music hall is a distributor in The USA for Epos and therefore Epos is not Music Hall's brand. Epos belongs now to Creek Audio.

Just a small correction.

wish you luck and happy hunting...

PS : Reference point is the epos dealer in bangalore and one of our FM's from Kolkata kushanava auditioned the M12i's in kolkata not too long ago. I am aware these are standmounts but maybe you could try your luck with the Kolkata dealer anyways.

thanks
mpw

Yes, I was quite satisfied with Polk till I heard Usher V-601 on which vocal comes out with some extra details which I cannot express with words, but there is some thing special just which I am missing with Polk.

Check with audio people Chennai if they still have Monitor Audio on discount, they had some pretty good models in discount.

IF warm smooth sound is what you looking for then also check CHORUS 716 and 714 by focal.

congrats for having the performer.

please upload a youtube video if you are interested to share the performance of the new amp

:clapping:

congrats on the new amp; I have one and loved it immediately for it's beautiful build quality and good sound....however, after breaking it in for about 200 hours, it REALLY started to sound wonderful....it really is a terrific piece of equipment....btw, take a look at the TEAC IA-2000....look familiar? :)
That amp was highly rated in a German HIFI mag last year..
anyway, enjoy your amp....and don't judge anything till it breaks in...
mike

I had no idea, interior of Music Hall A70.2 and TEAC AI-2000 are just carbon copy, strange! How they can share same design? I wonder who or which company is the original designer? Their price also same, Do they sound similar? Who can tell?

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back