My new purchase - Logitech Z 5500

Subha15011976

Hai mates,

Today I have an announcement to all my forum friends.

After a long thoughts and discusion I finally bring home a new set of Logitech Z-5500 HT system on Wednesday(15/09/2010).

My setup of speakers & sub has been finished today. I found it's been a tuff task to mount these speakers on wall but any way it has been done. I set the sub into the left corner of my room pointing diagonally (as per recommendations of DTS speakers setup by DTS Inc.)

I connect this system with my Philips DVD Player (3368/94) via Coaxial output. First I played the video songs from "Eagles - Hotel California DTS DVD", believe me it's simply blown me away. Every details of the song is very clear & pronounced, mid and high ranges are excellent. And the bass... simlly out of the world.

Tomorrow I will test it with a movie "Final Destination 4" lets see how does it comes out.....

Product : Logitech Z 5500
Price : Rs. 17,500 (including VAT)
Place : E-mall, Kolkata. (Logitech Brand Stores, Shop No. 10, G. floor)
Warranty : 2 years.

Congrat on your purchase and upload some photos too. However i have not heard the logitech system, could you please share how you finalized the Logitech .. Have you compared any mid level systems like yamaha/ onkyo before finalizing this.

Regards

congrats subha.. m happy my advice worked for you.. more n more people are getting inclined towards logis now..

recently thevnk got them a week back.. congs buddy..

try the second skin mode... search in google.. lots of tweaks and the boost 11 and boost 22 mode.. u'll love them..

if u keep turning the volume know even after full volume.. it will enter boost 11 mode. however do not try it.. it loud .. (just given for those sound that are very low)

also try second skin mode.. its cool..

Hi,
Saw a thread in indian video gamer.com for the same pdt

"Hi! Guys

I am selling my Beloved Logitech Z5500 Speakers which are almost 2year old [Out of warranty as warranty is only for 1yr] , and very well maintained ......

The speakers are working absolutely fine and are in very good condition , selling it off as i am shifting my comp to a smaller room and can't fit a 5.1 system there so goin for 2.1

As i stay in Mumbai , the Speakers are for sale for Mumbai buyers only , as i can't take the shipping risk outside Mumbai

Price :: Rs 10,000/- 8000/- INR

Reason for sale :: Mentioned above ^^

So guys who are interested can PM me or post here , please dnt crap this thread , stay away from OT , whatever questions please ask via PM route

ONLY FOR MUMBAI BUYERS.

So any one from Mumbai,its a good bargain.

srenjith 8-10k is bit on higher side for 2 yr old logi.. also the warranty for logi is not one year.. its for 2 years by default.

Hai mates,

Today I have an announcement to all my forum friends.

After a long thoughts and discusion I finally bring home a new set of Logitech Z-5500 HT system on Wednesday(15/09/2010).

My setup of speakers & sub has been finished today. I found it's been a tuff task to mount these speakers on wall but any way it has been done. I set the sub into the left corner of my room pointing diagonally (as per recommendations of DTS speakers setup by DTS Inc.)

I connect this system with my Philips DVD Player (3368/94) via Coaxial output. First I played the video songs from "Eagles - Hotel California DTS DVD", believe me it's simply blown me away. Every details of the song is very clear & pronounced, mid and high ranges are excellent. And the bass... simlly out of the world.

Tomorrow I will test it with a movie "Final Destination 4" lets see how does it comes out.....

Product : Logitech Z 5500
Price : Rs. 17,500 (including VAT)
Place : E-mall, Kolkata. (Logitech Brand Stores, Shop No. 10, G. floor)
Warranty : 2 years.

Request if you can share your experience.........am thinking about buying for myself very shortly....

looks like more of us are getting inclined towards logi.. yeah some good news.. i got company

Logitech Z series are one of the best speakers.. These Logitech THX certified speakers are widely used at least in the US.. and they are cheaper there.

I had 2.1 THX certified Logitech speakers during my stay in the US for about a year.. absolute pleasure listening to them. They will make DVDs playing on your laptop sound Reeeeeal Gooooood ... :thumbsup:

Request if you can share your experience.........am thinking about buying for myself very shortly....

Hai mate,
It's been one week that I have purchased my all new HTS, in thease days I have tried several kind of sound tracks, and it's a wonderful experience altogether.

I have played music videos (original & downloded), mp3 (1400 kbps, 320 kbps, 196 kbps & 128 kbps), audio CD's (Original), Hindi & English Movies (with original 5.1 soubd tracks, downloded .mkv & .avi movie files).

In case of movies it's excellent, every bit of base shakes my wall and bed, the front and rear surround are simply outstanding, the vocal part is also very cleare, prominent & loud too. U simply don't miss anything.

In case of music, it's equally good with audio tracks, mp3 (1400.320,196) and for 128 kbps U have to hi-up your volume knob bit more.

I have also connect it with my STB, it also give me a nice surround experience with a good bass. It makes a depth in TV sounds.

Above all this machine create a nice ambience of sound arround U but remember connect this system either with coax output or optical output to get the maximum out of it. Connecting with normal sterio output may not give u the ultimate sound. Always try to play a sound tracks with good source.

Well it's completely my own personal experience and consideration. It may differ person to person.

Thanks & regards.

subha if u wanna get the best out of Ur logi.. play .flac files on digital connection and then see the sheer sound quality.
i got a collection on rammstein and few more in .flac and it sound amazing..

subha if u wanna get the best out of Ur logi.. play .flac files on digital connection and then see the sheer sound quality.
i got a collection on rammstein and few more in .flac and it sound amazing..

Will my Philips DVD Player (DVP 3368/94) can read 'flac' files if not plz suggest me a good 'Media Player' with digital & HDMI out. I am running it with my DVD player. Can BD player solve my problem.

yes philips will be able to play flac.. i will chk and get back to you. i got a philips dodv player at home. m in office now.

yes philips will be able to play flac.. i will chk and get back to you. i got a philips dodv player at home. m in office now.

Which Philips DVD player does that? My DVP-3388K/98 doesn't, and from the net, none of their DVP lineups seems to?

...I have played music videos (original & downloded), mp3 (1400 kbps, 320 kbps, 196 kbps & 128 kbps), audio CD's (Original), Hindi & English Movies (with original 5.1 soubd tracks, downloded .mkv & .avi movie files)...

How do you encode 1400kbps mp3s?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back