my pet finally scratched & teared the subwoofer grill cloth... can i get it replaced

vprasad84

i was hesitating to buy the polk rm 6750 because of its subwoofer grill cloth as it would itch my cat to scratch & tear it. Finally got it & inspite of all precautions, she finally got it done during my absence. any ideas if i can get only the grill replaced & also how much it would cost. The logo of polk audio is also on that grill.

Re: my pet finally scratched & teared the subwoofer grill cloth... can i get it repla

Contact your local car audio dealers. They can make one for you .

Re: my pet finally scratched & teared the subwoofer grill cloth... can i get it repla

You can also check with the service center for a replacement. However, it might be more expensive than getting a new one made locally as suggested by Kittu.

Good thing your cat only got to the grill. Last week, my dog ate through the power cables of my voltage stabilizer, integrated amp, Logitech Squeezebox and spike strip. All in one go.

It has taken a week of running around to get everything repaired. Please keep your expensive equipment out of reach of pets!

You can also check with the service center for a replacement. However, it might be more expensive than getting a new one made locally as suggested by Kittu.

Good thing your cat only got to the grill. Last week, my dog ate through the power cables of my voltage stabilizer, integrated amp, Logitech Squeezebox and spike strip. All in one go.

It has taken a week of running around to get everything repaired. Please keep your expensive equipment out of reach of pets!

How did he escape electrocution? :eek:

Buy him an "audiophile grade" rubber bone to chew on. :D

-G

How did he escape electrocution? :eek:

Buy him an "audiophile grade" rubber bone to chew on. :D

-G

Haha! The equipment was powered off from the mains. He stays alone at home all day and thats when the damage was done.

Come home some day. Take a look at his fine collection of Indian as well as imported rawhide bones, CET chews and regular mutton bones. In spite of making all that available to him, like a true audiophile, he loves the good stuff. Speaker cables, spike strips etc. However, turns out, he likes Italian the best. Completely severed my Primo Cento integrated's power cable.

Thank god for friends with electronics experience who helped me recover all the components.

Haha! The equipment was powered off from the mains. He stays alone at home all day and thats when the damage was done.

Come home some day. Take a look at his fine collection of Indian as well as imported rawhide bones, CET chews and regular mutton bones. In spite of making all that available to him, like a true audiophile, he loves the good stuff. Speaker cables, spike strips etc. However, turns out, he likes Italian the best. Completely severed my Primo Cento integrated's power cable.

Thank god for friends with electronics experience who helped me recover all the components.

:D:D:D

& we are helpless in this case.

yes....this was the exact condition today morning when the music was being played. No matter how many times you pick them & place elsewhere & in few secs they are back to same place. Finally have to give up.

Oh ! Cats love music. Specially while relaxing on subwoofer.

LOL! That is hilarious!

My dog, unlike music loving cats, loves only the equipment. The moment I actually play any music, he retires to the kitchen :)

...and dogs love music too, but only of high bit rates :lol:
audiophileDog.jpg

ROFL! I love the look on his face! :lol:

Is this a coincidence I reached home early in the morning to find that my GSD had chewed up the speaker wires. Thank god that these were the temp wires I was using. Had a heart to heart talk with her lol and she's promised to be good

Don't be fooled by the puppy dog eyes man! Those eyes are devious! :)

Don't be fooled by the puppy dog eyes man! Those eyes are devious! :)

Bluu,

Bang on but those eys can eat your heart out :eek:hyeah: I am making some changes to the way the cables are laid out and trying to get it out of her reach :)

gotta watch out for equipment with pets around...

my dog has an affinity to pee on the lower most shelf of my av rack. I had got my av rack custom made with exact measurements intending to keep my avr at the bottom most shelf.

But now I keep the avr on the 2nd shelf from bottom as my dog regularly pees on the bottom most shelf....

I told him many times not to pee there but he does not listen and hence that lower shelf is of no use now and I keep it empty....

Waste of a shelf/rack/space but the joy that my dog gives to the entire family makes it worth it.... :)

Obligatory mod: Attach a pipe to the lowest shelf and run it to the nearest drain. Problem solved :cool:
my dog has an affinity to pee on the lower most shelf of my av rack. I had got my av rack custom made with exact measurements intending to keep my avr at the bottom most shelf.

yup... & at my place she is so dear that if i complain more then i would be asked to take out my HT system out rather than her.

my dog has an affinity to pee on the lower most shelf of my av rack. I had got my av rack custom made with exact measurements intending to keep my avr at the bottom most shelf. :)

I use a chemical spray called "GET OFF!" (no not you) I saw at a local pet store - it prevents pets from peeing where it is sprayed. You can spray all your house corners with it once in a while. Dont be liberal with it though - the chemical is toxic although fragrant.

Never got a chance to check but it may also help with your pi$$ed drunk Beer buddies ... :D

--G.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back