My Raspberry Pi Based Music Streamer

amanker

This my DIY network streamer based on Raspberry Pi with Dual ES9023 DAC Board with linear power supply. I have also added CD Player functionality. Hope my fellow members will like it. And suggest me for any improvements and your thoughts on my DIY project

This my DIY network streamer based on Raspberry Pi with Dual ES9023 DAC Board with linear power supply. I have also added CD Player functionality. Hope my fellow members will like it. And suggest me for any improvements and your thoughts on my DIY project

can u share more details about the build. I want to build one for myself.

I am using picoreplayer 8.2.0 on raspberry pi 3B. Dual ES9023 based dac board conncted via i2s bus. DIY linear power supply 12v 5 amp plus 5v 5amp. Saperate supply. LED VU meter board. 2x ssata to usb card for cd drive and hdd. Supllied 12v and 5v directly to sata power connector. 1x rotary encoder for volume. 4x push buttons for navigation and music controls.

Wow this is super impressive !!
The digital display is all configured by you ?

This forum never fails to surprise me.

If I remember correctly, fm @amrutmhatre90 also tried a similar project.

The other day fm @Hiten made a kickass diy amplifier and it was up for grabs for a great deal as well.

Wonderful effort Aman. Isn't that something ?

👏👏👏

yup @Silencer my project was based on a cardboard box, but what @amanker has done is commendable. 🙌

This is what I was talking with multiple people, with RPi and its capabilities Amps, Dac's, streamers and many more things can be possible.
One needs to find time and invest efforts to proceed to that goal.

This was my cardboard effort
20220305_194911 (1).jpg

Looks cool! Share some inside pictures.

Yes friends everything is done by myself including this enclosure.
First I designed whole enclosure concept in Fusion 360 using exact dimensions of each components including mounting holes for 4mm thick acrylic sheet.
Streamer.jpg

Then I prepared layout for laser cutting and few engravings in Autocad.
Streamer Cut.jpg

awesome.

now some details on the Amp, the JBL speakers and the tape player which is peeking from the side pls ...

@rajan-
Speakers: JBL 4312E 3way speakers 12inch woofer
Amp: Pioneer A88X (It has independent power supply for both channels and audio transformer for MC cartridge)
Turntable: Victor QL-Y33F fully automatic turntable with Heavy plinth and platter ( Denon 301 MLII MC cartridge and Ortofon 2M red MM cartridge)
Amp 2: Muzishare X7 Tube Amplifier (4x KT88 output tubes)
PhonoStage: DClimo Clone (4x 6N11 2x12AT7 tubes) for MM and MC
Reel to Reel: Sony TC-730 (3 speed, 4 head, 4 track, auto reverse, bi-directional, inbuilt amp and speakers)
Deck: Sony U60
Deck 2: Technics RS-B705 (3 Head)
DAC: SMSL SU-9
DAC 2: Topping E30
Phono2: SolidState MM/MC with adjustable pf and gain and impedance

That's hell lot of work from CAD/CAM design/sourcing components/DIY work/countless hours and at last one is surely satisfied when it sounds sweet. Congratulations.
I had that enthusiasm during my engineering days , when I built an stereo amp taking design from Electronics for You magazine.
Your design is ready to be launched as a commercial product. :). Count me in when you launch it !

Nice job 👍 looks very polished.
I had made something similar, but haven't integrated the ir remote. Use a soekris.

Bikaner, Rajasthan.
Its really difficult to find anything for DIY here.:). Now a days DIY scene is dying day by day, Even I couldn't find required screws, small nuts, spacers, standoffs for mounting. And quality of electronic components is not up to the mark. Couldn't even found good volume knob not even on Internet. Thats why I used my own, by cutting 4 disks of 4mm thick acrylic with exact whole in center for rod in required shape. Then glued all pieces together. Even for supporting feets I found nothing. So used acrylic disk and pasted rubber sheet at bottom of disks. You can seen in my drawing all small pieces are just for mounting or joining only.
Everything I have to buy from Internet, Even small things like resistors, capacitors etc..... at much higher price and delivery charges.

Hi Friends,
Need some suggestions for my next Pi Streamer Project.
I am planning to use 7.9inch ultrawide screen as whole front panel with volume and power switch in front only.
lcd.jpg

This is es9038 q2m based board with spdif, i2s, coaxial input
es9038.jpg

This is discrete R2R board.
r2r.jpg

Waiting for power supply transformer and components to arrive.
Please suggest which board I should use? ES9038Q2M or R2R?
I have tested ES9038Q2M board its really good. Its the same which is used in HifiRose RS250.
Basically I want to replicate RS250 design I liked it so much.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

All the best to your effort. RS250 is a beauty. I am not experienced to comment on the boards. Perhaps @Prodigy can help you.

You should consider taking orders from interested FMs. I am sure many would welcome the idea.
We have a lot of skilled diyers here, like @Hiten or @amrutmhatre90. But most are into it just for the kick of it.

I have requested many FMs here. But they politely decline citing time constraints, which I completely understand though.

Like everything in audio, it's difficult for someone else to make a decision for you. Only you can decide what sounds best to you, in your listening room.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back