My review of Audinst HUD MX2 headphone amp/DAC

umeshdhingra

Few basics first and then follows my review :

I bought this from proaudiohome.com almost ten days back for Rs14000.The order was placed at 4.30 pm on 30 May 2013 and next day by 4 pm I had this device plugged into my Dell xps 12 .
The packaging was excellent .

I have been using Sennheiser 598 head phone .

Also have started using my Samsung galaxy tab 800 with this device taking the help of Callmate OTG ( purchased from infibeam.com for merely Rs 200) .

This also runs on all possible i devices along with Android mobile .

Last few days I have listening to lots of instrumentals :Karunesh, Buddha bar, Yanni,James last ,Glen Miller ,and some classical music from Naxos 25th annv collection and latest hindi movies , etc all in flac format.

This device was very easy to install as the moment I had the usb connection going the drivers for the Audinst got installed and in the meantime had also installed foobar and J river media player ( btw :J River media player is definetly worth ) .

First few hours the effect was hardly noticeable but after about 50 odd hours of burn in the value for money started getting realised.

The sound stage definetly did improve , and in simple words the music just sounded lot better .

Infact the amplification worked a lot more better on my Samsung tab and the sky.fm channels almost became lot more enjoyable, even the music through Dhingana got some what more sweeter.

Last one hour I have been listening to Ashiqui 2 songs and yes, the soothing music effect is keeping the replay button rather very active.

Waiting my Raanjhana CD to get delivered to feel the Rahman music through this new set up

I understand that once the 100 odd hours burn in happens there should be some what more sound improvement.

Yes , in next few days I am going to connect this DAC to my Logitech squeezebox ( and bypass the int DAC of SBT, as Audinst has a optical cable outlet, and play music through Marantz - Dalli speakers combination) .

I am not an audiophile but in case any of the fellow members do have any observations or queries or even inputs as to how can i still improve my music listening , please do write. My signature has been updated with all my devices.
Thanks for reading !!
cheers.

Any further comments, experiences, comparisons would be appreciated.

Squeezeboxes are fairly well respected as sources, so I would not be too disappointed if you don't get a huge improvement. Please do let us know.

Hi!!

Do not want to hijack the thread but FYI have a MX 1 purchased from Hifimart itself. It's amazing.

As far as inputs - using as input to Emotiva Usp1 pre amp.
When using the Audio Technica AHT M50 plugged in the -
1) MX1- detailed and open sound from pc.
2) MX1 thro the pre amp- sound much clear & neutral . But have to crank the volume to half as against using the MX1 directly.
Spoke to Emotiva technical and they said its the gain settings which relate to sound in terms of db levels.

Thanks-

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back