My VU 55-OA doesn't smoothly play any 60 fps content on Youtube

What could be the reason? I've tried both Smart and Stock YT (infact smart YT lags way more than stock in almost everything) but all 60 fps videos play with a lot of jitter and frame drops. This isn't the case when I connect my pc through HDMI, all 60 fps content plays buttery smooth there. How to resolve this on YouTube? Any ideas? Is there anyone who experiences the same?

New honour tv which going to launch on 10 August with 818 chip can support 8k in 30 fps and 4k at 120fps. But i think 8k will show lagging with 30 fps...anyone knows anything about it?

New honour tv which going to launch on 10 August with 818 chip can support 8k in 30 fps and 4k at 120fps. But i think 8k will show lagging with 30 fps...anyone knows anything about it?
Pls first try to resolve my issue here. This thread is not about any other Tvs. We can talk about Honor TV once I get a logical resolution for my problem here.

What could be the reason? I've tried both Smart and Stock YT (infact smart YT lags way more than stock in almost everything) but all 60 fps videos play with a lot of jitter and frame drops. This isn't the case when I connect my pc through HDMI, all 60 fps content plays buttery smooth there. How to resolve this on YouTube? Any ideas? Is there anyone who experiences the same?

Maybe because of the video encoding. Tv is not able to process the format properly. Try converting to mp4 and see

Is there a firmware update available for your model?

This model is fairly new so you must be under warranty, have tried raising a service request for this issue?

In One of the Amazon buyer review said "Youtube and MX player 4k playback lagging a lot, due to its poor CPU." May be it is cpu...get replacement.

In One of the Amazon buyer review said "Youtube and MX player 4k playback lagging a lot, due to its poor CPU." May be it is cpu...get replacement.
I've already got two replacements for my TV due to panel faults both of those times lol. Their cpu is totally fine as it is able to play 60 fps quite smoothly via external media device. I think there should be an exploit to make YT playback optimized.

I've already got two replacements for my TV due to panel faults both of those times lol. Their cpu is totally fine as it is able to play 60 fps quite smoothly via external media device. I think there should be an exploit to make YT playback optimized.
Can you report this to Youtube and see if they can help!l?

I am not shour but while playing with external source like pc or fire stik the process is done through them and nothing to do with internal processor.this is common problem with femos indian brand shinco.

I am not shour but while playing with external source like pc or fire stik the process is done through them and nothing to do with internal processor.this is common problem with femos indian brand shinco.
No, you're entirely wrong! External Device doesn't process anything other than read/write operation that enables the TV to read media off of it. All the rest is done by TV itself. As for Fire Stick, the stick does most of the processing work while the final rendering work is done by TV.

MultiversalSapien, if i understand your question clearly, your VU TV native YT app does not play 60fps smoothly. That in my opinion is true of most native TV apps except Netflix which is very smooth everywhere. All other apps are good if cast off a mobile (not mirroring) or through HDMI on PC. And other apps like Hotstar are not very good in 60fps. Hence bottomline is that your problem may not have a solution until YT develops a better app for VU.

Normally one would expect Android TVs to play YT very well, though.

I wonder if casting off your mobile is proving smooth or not.

MultiversalSapien, if i understand your question clearly, your VU TV native YT app does not play 60fps smoothly. That in my opinion is true of most native TV apps except Netflix which is very smooth everywhere. All other apps are good if cast off a mobile (not mirroring) or through HDMI on PC. And other apps like Hotstar are not very good in 60fps. Hence bottomline is that your problem may not have a solution until YT develops a better app for VU.

Normally one would expect Android TVs to play YT very well, though.

I wonder if casting off your mobile is proving smooth or not.
Casting and mirroring both are wayyyyyyy more stuttery and laggy than stock YT. I almost never do these two things. I hate the processing done by this tv's cpu. Such crap!

Back