• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted NAD 3020 amp

reubensm

This is for my wife, should be in good cosmetic and functional condition. Should have original output transistors, Would prefer the original 3020 but can look at 3020A and 3020B also. Not really interested in 3020e and 3020i. Also acceptable is the 7020 receiver. No threshold on the price but my conditions for cosmetics and functionality must be met. If you have that 3020 lying under your bed or kept on your rack and not in use, here's a good chance for you to get rid of it. Regards.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

reubensm

I was offered one recently by a gentleman in Melbourne. Keeping this as my plan-B. That would mean that Plan-A is still open :)

Ok, will consider the 3020e and 3020i as well. How about the 7020i with inbuilt tuner?

Or atleast, anyone has the 4020 tuner?

All these are easily available abroad but want to reserve my luggage weight for TTs or vinyl.

Last edited:

reubensm

Thanks all,

Have decided to take an alternate route and actually build a NAD 3020. Acquired most of the components, searching for a power tranny. That story is destined for another post.

Hi Reubensm, You make it sound so easy that novices like us also get tempted to jump into DIY bug. Looking forward to following your updates on your project!!

reubensm

Hi Reubensm, You make it sound so easy that novices like us also get tempted to jump into DIY bug. Looking forward to following your updates on your project!!
Sir, nice to hear from you. NAD 3020s these days are over priced and hence, the simplest method would be to build one. The great thing about this amp is that is uses locally available components. The power transformer is the only challenge. I plan to counter this challenge by using 2 separate power transformers, 1 for the preamp section and the other for the power amp section.

reubensm

Got hold of a 7020e in pristine condition, from a friend. Did not pay a penny for it. I must say, the tuner's performance is really surprising for something from say around 1989. The amp of course, is the very same 3020 (with one transistor less in the phono stage :) ). Here's a stock pic.

Used all the components which we collected for restoring another 3020, for a close friend. This one was acquired by him, with loads of missing components (more or less, scrap). its working brilliantly well now.

Last edited:
SPONSORED ADS