NAD C162-C272 pre-power combo

atozguy

I have narrowed down NAD C162-C272 pre-power combo for my next purchase. Request that any of our forum member who has this combo may kindly share some information (+ and -) regarding its performance, the speaker paired with, price, etc.

I have Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 and afraid if it would be a perfect match as both of them have laid down sound signatures. My taste is Neutral-warm sound and the set up will be almost for music. Is there any showroom in Chennai, where i can audition this combo?

Regards
atozguy

i've heard the nad 172/272 combo and also the 372. there is hardly any difference. obviously it would depend on the rest of the set up but i doubt you will hear any on the wharfedales. i had auditioned it on the monitor audio rs6 and i had to search for an audible difference. reason i am saying this is because i dont think paying extra for separates in your particular set up would be worth it

as for the nad / wharfedale combo, i havent heard it. but the nad is a warm amp and makes a neutral speaker like the rs6 sound neutral to warm.

Hi,

The separate pre amplifier would offer the advantage of phono inputs for moving coil and moving magnet cartridges. This is lacking in many integrated amplifiers. It would be a significant consideration if you have or plan to buy a turntable.

All the best.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back