Nad c326bee VS Sony STR-DN840

slimetcake

Hi. I'm looking for an amplifier for my Dali Zensor 7 speakers, and originally I was hooked on the Nad c326bee stereo amplifier, but then I was told that it might not be the best option when compared to other amplifiers/receivers within its price range.

I have now found the Sony STR-DN840, and its airplay features have really made me interested. It's a 7.2 channel AV receiver, and it's also a bit cheaper than the Nad amplifier.

I'm not planning on playing anything else than stereo any time soon, so the surround feature on the Sony is not really necessary.

My actual question is:
Which amplifier will sound the best on the Dali Zensor 7 speakers?
Nad c326bee
or
Sony STR-DN840
?

Hope you guys can help me :)

AVRs and stereo amplifiers come different segments. There are several other threads on this forum where people have discussed pros and cons of both. Generally speaking, AVRs will be best for movies and stereo amplifiers will be best for CD listening.

I use a NAD C356BEE DAC amplifier with B&W685's. It's perfect for 80W/channel of power. The DAC features lowest possible distortion. Amplifier is also very low distortion. The combo easily beats much higher priced AMP+DAC combos.

If you are going to use your amp for 2-channel music listening, then AVRs should be avoided. I have used many NAD amplifiers over the years and I can firmly say that they are more than good for the money. If you don't think your speakers will run well with a NAD, consider other 2-channel options instead.

I have heard from the music enthusiast who recently bought my Sansui amp to pair it with Dali Ikon Concept 6 speakers, is of the opinion that they pair quite well . Though I haven't yet heard the combination, just sharing an opinion.
If you are okay with trying vintage gear, you could give it a try.

I have not heard any of those two combinations and so I can't comment and I suggest that you take the same stance.
Try to audition them and decide the one that is more to your liking.

Hi. I'm looking for an amplifier for my Dali Zensor 7 speakers, and originally I was hooked on the Nad c326bee stereo amplifier, but then I was told that it might not be the best option when compared to other amplifiers/receivers within its price range.

I have now found the Sony STR-DN840, and its airplay features have really made me interested. It's a 7.2 channel AV receiver, and it's also a bit cheaper than the Nad amplifier.

I'm not planning on playing anything else than stereo any time soon, so the surround feature on the Sony is not really necessary.

My actual question is:
Which amplifier will sound the best on the Dali Zensor 7 speakers?
Nad c326bee
or
Sony STR-DN840
?

Hope you guys can help me :)

+1 to a stereo Amp and a no to an AVR. For the same bucks You will get a better
Stereo Amp then an AVR.
The Dali Zensor 7 speakers are rated for 40 to 150 w amp power.

Ideally your amp should have a rating of atleast 90 w rms power and the Nad c326 might feel underpowered. Of course it will also depend on your listening preferences and room size.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back