Nakamichi Tri Tracer 1000 II Audio cassette player deck

manojrc

Finally I decided to go back to Analog.. Picked up two Nakamichi decks

1. Nakamichi Tri Tracer 1000 II
2. Nakamichi Dragon

If you listen to lots of 90s Hindi songs, I'm sure that you will enjoy the warm, full bodied sound from cassette players.

Though I have almost all my favorite artist's CDs ( Rahman, Nadeem Shravan ), I started enjoying the cassettes.

Nakamichi Tri Tracer 1000 deck is considered as classic, which killed reel to reel tape. This is the second version & my deck is around 40 year old !! This is a stunning beauty & sound is excellent.

Will post the Dragon details next week.

Regards,
Manoj

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

2. Nakamichi Dragon

If you listen to lots of 90s Hindi songs, I'm sure that you will enjoy the warm, full bodied sound from cassette players.

Though I have almost all my favorite artist's CDs ( Rahman, Nadeem Shravan ), I started enjoying the cassettes.

Nakamichi Tri Tracer 1000 deck is considered as classic, which killed reel to reel tape. This is the second version & my deck is around 40 year old !! This is a stunning beauty & sound is excellent.

Regards,
Manoj
I love tapes. Congrats Manoj!

Awesome, great going. Love tapes!!

I've heard the 1000 at Mr. Kuruvila's place and it sounded awesome. The only time it sounded pretty ordinary was when it played a tape of mine which was recorded on a Dragon. My immediate diagnosis was that the azimuths did not match. Have you tried your Dragon's recordings on the 1000? Curious about these. The dragon recording plays wonderfully well on my humble Dr3.

Awesome, great going. Love tapes!!

I've heard the 1000 at Mr. Kuruvila's place and it sounded awesome. The only time it sounded pretty ordinary was when it played a tape of mine which was recorded on a Dragon. My immediate diagnosis was that the azimuths did not match. Have you tried your Dragon's recordings on the 1000? Curious about these. The dragon recording plays wonderfully well on my humble Dr3.

Thanks. Recorded few songs from CDs & it sounds awesome. Haven't tried recording on Dragon. Waiting for the new (old) equalizer.

Got few new TDK SA, Sony UX-ES , Maxel XL-II S and few TDK metal cassettes. Planning to convert all my 90s CD/cassette collections to these cassettes.

Have you tried metal cassettes? Does it ruin head life?

As you may know, Dragon is not known for recording capabilities. If it gives ordinary recording performance, will hunt for a ZX9

Thanks. Recorded few songs from CDs & it sounds awesome. Haven't tried recording on Dragon. Waiting for the new (old) equalizer.

Got few new TDK SA, Sony UX-ES , Maxel XL-II S and few TDK metal cassettes. Planning to convert all my 90s CD/cassette collections to these cassettes.

As you may know, Dragon is not known for recording capabilities. If it gives ordinary recording performance, will hunt for a ZX9

I have'nt used Metal tapes and have stuck to the ordinary variety. This is as my primary listening source is vinyl. I record tapes primarily for playing them in the car or when I do live recordings. I have asked a few friends to source a 1000 for me from the United States. Lets see how that plays out.

I have never heard that "metal" tapes ruin head life. Does it make a difference? Aren't all recording tapes covered in a metalic-oxide coating? Chrome, metal, etc being just different formulations. I don't know: I haven't thought about this for years.

When I was very much younger, I used to imagine that the tapes were actually made of metal :eek:

Congratulations Manoj!
the 1000 looks fantastic!

2. Nakamichi Dragon

Regards,
Manoj

Hello and congrats on the Naks ;-)
If you don't mind me asking, does the 1000 ii allow recording of type iv (metal) tapes?
Cheers,
Rod.

Sent from my 6055K using Tapatalk

2. Nakamichi Dragon

Regards,
Manoj
I too have Nakamichi Deck, it's excellent even after 30 years but now I wish to sell and get Philips Tuner or Tuner Amplifier

Congratulations...with good type ii tapes you should be set. Rather than take all tapes of different makes, I would decide if I were you, which one is my best choice make of type ii tape and get my deck optimized for that particular type II tape, and use other tapes for less important recordings.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back