Need a 50 inch TV-Help Guys please

neophyte2008

Am new to this Forum. . .Anywayz I wanted to buy a 50 inch TV and after searching a lot I found 3 models in the price range with full hd
They are
1)samsung PS50C6500
2)Panny TH-P50V20D
3)LG 50PK550R
well the 1st one was on a hot deal . . .@ 73k. . .btw is the deal still on and the second AFAIK is 100k. . . .suggest me the better option of the 3. . .well am planning to get a ps 3 soon. . .and Please tell me if the deal is still on?. . .
:)
Cya guyz

Last edited:
Pannx v20 is a awesome tv,but it prices more .v20 series is best from panna till last year.good contrast,clarity,colour,viewing angle,refresh rate.. Opt for it is my personal opinion.

First one was purchased as a group buy for 67.5k here in HFV... My vote goes to Panasonic.. Any specific reason you are looking for plasma ?

First one was purchased as a group buy for 67.5k here in HFV... My vote goes to Panasonic.. Any specific reason you are looking for plasma ?
No specific reason except dat I need a 50-incher below 100k. . .Couldnt find LED backlit-LCDs at a cheaper price :(. . . .Basically I need a 50 inch TV dat is the best and below 100k pricing . . .both LCD and Plasmas are ok. . .
The samsung ones price is HOT :p

I am looking forward to buying the TVs in chennai. . .Could someone tell me the best prices for theses TVs in chennai??

Nice suggestion bro . . . Added it to the list :) . . .well dat leaves me optin 4 panny on the quality front. . .but n da price front both LG n samsung r a tie :( ...which onez better... n cud sum1 tell the best price of the panny?????

Nice suggestion bro . . . Added it to the list :) . . .well dat leaves me optin 4 panny on the quality front. . .but n da price front both LG n samsung r a tie :( ...which onez better... n cud sum1 tell the best price of the panny?????

nellore ? where is it ?

150km north of chennai. . .2hrs from chennai . . :D actually I need the TV for my home in Amalapuram :p 700km north of chennai . . .both r in ap though :)

If you check the other thread on v20 ppl are buying it for 62k now.

Edit: oops that's the 42" one
Cheers

Get the V20 if you have the budget otherwise get the Samsung C6500, both are excellent plasma's but the V20 has marginally better black levels.

The Samsung without the deal sells at approx 85 to 90k while the Panasonic will cost you approx 100 to 105k.

gobble, if you are planning to buy V20 go to griha vibhav or devi international. You can get it for 60k ..

Ok good tip. Thanks. I just need to sort out if the V20 is really a G20 panel in disguise and if I am going to be taken for a ride ... for being a "stupid" Indian Consumer :eek:hyeah:

Guys ... I was browsing thru my spam folder and saw an advert for "Enlarge your TV" Pills. Can I buy a 42 incher and enlarge it to 50"? :licklips: Is it worthwhile? :eek::rolleyes: ;)

Cheers

I just unboxed the LG PK550 yesterday .... dope. Cost me 60K in Mumbai.

If you can find these (v. rare), they definitely are a BUY VFM.

Again, go with your gut, and extend the warranty, its always good.

Cheers and Best of Luck

Mazher

guyz I am thinking of getting the 50 inch sammy for 67k. . . watsay??The p50v20 was a bit heavy on my dad's pocket :p . . .so does the 6500 fare well in terms of features compared to v20??? and am a bit worried about the plasma burn-in. . . is it ok to watch regular cable tv. . .wont the channel logos get burnt in???
please clear my fears :)
cheers

Am new to this Forum. . .Anywayz I wanted to buy a 50 inch TV and after searching a lot I found 3 models in the price range with full hd
They are
1)samsung PS50C6500
2)Panny TH-P50V20D
3)LG 50PK550R
well the 1st one was on a hot deal . . .@ 73k. . .btw is the deal still on and the second AFAIK is 100k. . . .suggest me the better option of the 3. . .well am planning to get a ps 3 soon. . .and Please tell me if the deal is still on?. . .
:)
Cya guyz
please dont buy lg.... excellent picture and after sale service is good,but your tv will be in service every 3 months...feel china goods are better durable,

guyz I am thinking of getting the 50 inch sammy for 67k. . . watsay??The p50v20 was a bit heavy on my dad's pocket :p . . .so does the 6500 fare well in terms of features compared to v20??? and am a bit worried about the plasma burn-in. . . is it ok to watch regular cable tv. . .wont the channel logos get burnt in???
please clear my fears :)
cheers

Where are you getting the 6500 for 67k ... ? SD is bad on plasma... If your content and viewing is more SD do not go for Plasma go for a nice samsung LCD. If you have more HD content / gaming in mind and dull room light conditions plan for a plasma.

vaibhav from jd quoted the price. . .yeah I would watch SD most of the times n HD sometimes n games on ps3 rarely. . .I am worried about the black bar burn in as most of the telugu channels broadcast movies in 4:3. . . .I now hav in mind an LG47 LE5500 or 4600 any LEDs from samsung in the below 1 lac category???Are these LEDs anyway better than LCDs in terms of PQ???

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back