• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Need a budget audiophile setup

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Series

sajjt

MODs, this is my first post, please allocate this thread to the respective subject if I am mistaken. I could only spot this place where I can source components and a handful of expert suggestions for my build.

Hi,

Am in the process of procuring components for my home audio. My present acquisitions are Denon PMA 720AE integrated Amplifier mated with a pair of Pioneer FS52 Floor standing speakers along with an Ipod touch. My focus is to setup a budget audiophile system, I know there's no such thing like "Decent Audiophile system on a tight budget" But being with thousands of audiophiles here, gives me an inspiration to think of it. So gurus, experts, please share your thoughts to enlighten me.

Am in look out for a true 9-15 band graphic equalizer with spectrum analyzer which would give me more flexibility to listen the music to my own personal taste. I know its an out dated equipment but been with a few systems with GE, I must confess that I am addicted to fiddling with sliders for almost every track if I get some free time. I don't want to connect a PC/Laptop to the existing setup so no DAC suggestions unless its an unavoidable one. One more, is there any substitute equipment for a graphic equalizer other than softwares nowadays?

Also am looking for a decent quality all in one media player having USB playback with Bluetooth that is having tuner if possible but not a must. Being with almost exhausted budget reserve, am looking for pre-owned equipments.

So friends, please guide me to get a graphic equalizer and a decent media player.

If any of you have one of these items for sale please let me know.

Thanks

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

efernand1

MODs, this is my first post, please allocate this thread to the respective subject if I am mistaken. I could only spot this place where I can source components and a handful of expert suggestions for my build.

Hi,

Am in the process of procuring components for my home audio. My present acquisitions are Denon PMA 720AE integrated Amplifier mated with a pair of Pioneer FS52 Floor standing speakers along with an Ipod touch. My focus is to setup a budget audiophile system, I know there's no such thing like "Decent Audiophile system on a tight budget" But being with thousands of audiophiles here, gives me an inspiration to think of it. So gurus, experts, please share your thoughts to enlighten me.

Am in look out for a true 9-15 band graphic equalizer with spectrum analyzer which would give me more flexibility to listen the music to my own personal taste. I know its an out dated equipment but been with a few systems with GE, I must confess that I am addicted to fiddling with sliders for almost every track if I get some free time. I don't want to connect a PC/Laptop to the existing setup so no DAC suggestions unless its an unavoidable one. One more, is there any substitute equipment for a graphic equalizer other than softwares nowadays?

Also am looking for a decent quality all in one media player having USB playback with Bluetooth that is having tuner if possible but not a must. Being with almost exhausted budget reserve, am looking for pre-owned equipments.

So friends, please guide me to get a graphic equalizer and a decent media player.

If any of you have one of these items for sale please let me know.

Thanks

Check OLX for preowned stuff and our HFV classified section......for EQ and other gear......

I too like to have a GE to adjust so...Marantz AVRs fulfill this .....9 band EQ for each speaker.....the SR series works well for music for me....

sajjt

Check OLX for preowned stuff and our HFV classified section......for EQ and other gear......

I too like to have a GE to adjust so...Marantz AVRs fulfill this .....9 band EQ for each speaker.....the SR series works well for music for me....

Yeah, am glued to OLX for the past few days,thanks for the heads up.

Happy hunting

elangoas

I know there's no such thing like "Decent Audiophile system on a tight budget"

Yes.. There are systems that you can put together a decent (2.0) for as little as 15K.. But, often overlooked & skipped because others may not acknowledge your system as "Audiophile"..What finally matters is if you are satisfied with your money spent on the system..

No idea on graphic equaliser, but not sure how much is your budget for (used) media player.. You can consider Android TV box for <=5K, that would play almost all media files (assuming you have digital files), has bluetooth and might play some internet radio stations..

sajjt

Yes.. There are systems that you can put together a decent (2.0) for as little as 15K.. But, often overlooked & skipped because others may not acknowledge your system as "Audiophile"..What finally matters is if you are satisfied with your money spent on the system...

Very true sir, most of the cases, your system may not be recognized as Audiophile for others even though you might have acquired so many addons. Yes, as long as its my hard earned money, and am not accountable to any one except to my soul:)

May I ask you whats in your mind in specific for 15K in my case? A network player? Am leaning towards a pre owned media player with CD,USB, tuner combo like TEAC CD-P650 Compact Disc Player with USB and iPod Digital Interface
https://www.amazon.in/CD-P650-Compa...srs=3930511031&ie=UTF8&qid=1522131602&sr=8-61

No idea on graphic equaliser, but not sure how much is your budget for (used) media player.. You can consider Android TV box for <=5K, that would play almost all media files (assuming you have digital files), has bluetooth and might play some internet radio stations.

As far I know a TV box wont deliver quality output like a CD player or a lossless player, correct me if am wrong. I am looking for a single unit so that it wont take up much space.

elangoas

May I ask you whats in your mind in specific for 15K in my case? A network player? Am leaning towards a pre owned media player with CD,USB, tuner combo like TEAC CD-P650 Compact Disc Player with USB and iPod Digital Interface
https://www.amazon.in/CD-P650-Compa...srs=3930511031&ie=UTF8&qid=1522131602&sr=8-61

Yes.. This should help you, if you have more CD's..

As far I know a TV box wont deliver quality output like a CD player or a lossless player, correct me if am wrong. I am looking for a single unit so that it wont take up much space.

Right.. But, if you have more collection of digital files, playback is easy.. Even if you have CD player, like the one mentioned above, you would be tweaking with Equaliser.. With an equaliser, hopefully you can get the best out of Android TV box.. Just my thoughts..

sajjt

So friends, does any one have a decent media player like the one above mentioned for sale?

elangoas