Need a coffee brand suggetions

Not an frequent coffee drinker. Buy I enjoy cafe coffee day late and capuchino very much with friends and family.

Been to Balli few times got some good coffee from there. Luwak coffee is special there.

One of my friend own coffee estate, use to get some dried coffee beens from him sometime.

Bean to Cup machines are too expensive (70K onwards) and no way to service in India. Also limited scope of changing the settings.
Devialet of the coffee world.
Delonghi coffee Automatic machines are available for sales as well as services by Orient electric, also available through Fresh and Honest Co that operates Lavazza brand in India.

Delonghi coffee Automatic machines are available for sales as well as services by Orient electric, also available through Fresh and Honest Co that operates Lavazza brand in India.
Great news that. Checked Amazon, quite a few models are available.

Foam or froth, know as 'crema' is a sign of properly roasted and brewed coffee. For best crema one should go fully manual, easier said than done. A powerful 15 bar espresso machine will show its mettle in this situation.

Hi Lizard king,

Good to meet another coffee enthusiast! If I may add to this or amend this, while there are many factors affecting crema some of which you've covered, properly roasted coffee has nothing to do with how much crema is generated. Volume of crema is mainly a sign of freshness of the roast and varietal of bean among other factors including brewing like you mentioned. You can badly roast coffee and if its fresh you'll still get crema but badly balanced flavours and not the flavour profile you were aiming for. Stale coffee just won't generate crema cos the carbon dioxide has degassed completely. Certain arabica bean varietals will generate more crema and Robusta will generate more crema than Arabica which is also one of the reasons why its used in espresso blends.

I know you don't regard robusta as coffee, but Indian Kaapi Royale robusta is highly regarded worldwide as well as robusta from another Asian country I forget but was it Vietnam? Also Mysore Nuggets and Monsoon Malabar are world renowned.

Regards

Hi Lizard king,

Good to meet another coffee enthusiast! If I may add to this or amend this, while there are many factors affecting crema some of which you've covered, properly roasted coffee has nothing to do with how much crema is generated. Volume of crema is mainly a sign of freshness of the roast and varietal of bean among other factors including brewing like you mentioned. You can badly roast coffee and if its fresh you'll still get crema but badly balanced flavours and not the flavour profile you were aiming for. Stale coffee just won't generate crema cos the carbon dioxide has degassed completely. Certain arabica bean varietals will generate more crema and Robusta will generate more crema than Arabica which is also one of the reasons why its used in espresso blends.

I know you don't regard robusta as coffee, but Indian Kaapi Royale robusta is highly regarded worldwide as well as robusta from another Asian country I forget but was it Vietnam? Also Mysore Nuggets and Monsoon Malabar are world renowned.

Regards
Always great to pick up information from knowledgeable enthusiasts. I see that you roast your own beans, so I bow my head :)
My rant against Robusta is obviously in jest. India is a big Robusta producer and exporter. Lavazza Crema Gusto is a Robusta blend that I quite like.
I'd like to know your opinion about Civet coffee. I've had only once. Want to know what others think of it.

Hehe no need to bow head we all have nuggets of information that have come from those who have gone before us. So pride is a very useless piece of baggage. Civet coffee is a terribly cruel coffee. In olden days the estate workers would gather beans from the forest floor that the Civets passed and brew coffee since they couldn't afford to buy coffee beans. Today Civets are bred in captivity and force fed beans with terribly painful consequences to their internal stomach and digestive tracts and health most die painful deaths. Best avoided if one has even a shred of conscience. Milk is another such product and is proof that as a species we don't really think for ourselves but just go with what we've been taught by our parents, society and our environment. I was guilty of it too, but after researching all that went on in milk production and the cost to and cruelty inflicted on cows I gave it up.

Regards

Oh!
I was unaware about this aspect of civet coffee ( kapi lewak). Innocently thought it was all natural. As a coffee it was excessively round and mellow with no aftertaste whatsoever. Hyped, I thought.
Another such cruel food is pate de foie gras. After I knew how it is prepared, I died of guilt for relishing it.
But who am to pontificate. I've been a hard core meat eater all my life (reindeer/ whale/ African antelopes anyone? ). But of late the consequences of actions of people like me are all around. Maybe I will have my moment of epiphany.
Back to coffee :)

<snip> as a species we don't really think for ourselves but just go with what we've been taught by our parents, society and our environment.
Absolutely right!!!
I continue to be dumbfounded at things/behavior that we profess all because our parents (in particular), followed that and hence we THINK it's right. Why? Because we have been brought up to believe that they can do no wrong!
But, I digress.

Regards
"Mansooned Malabar coffee" is typically Arabica Beans. Even Robusta beans which absorbs the moisture during the rains tastes differently ( milder than the fresh beans).

Many of the companies treat the Robusta beans with steam to reduce the bitterness before using them in blending.

Interestingly most of the coffee powders available do have Robusta in it unless stated otherwise :)

May even look at Delonghi Nespresso Machines for those who like a quick cup without the hassles (debate is still on whether Nespresso can be classified as true coffee :)).

May even look at Delonghi Nespresso Machines for those who like a quick cup without the hassles (debate is still on whether Nespresso can be classified as true coffee :)).
naah capsule coffee cannot match the true bean to cup, I own Delonghi Dinamica and it makes fabulous coffee, if you truly want a good coffee than better stay away from pods.

Absolutely. Pods are worse than preground coffee from a local roaster. It's coffee that has lost its soul. Besides the environmental impact of all those discarded plastic pods are to be considered. But what you truly miss out on is the ability to vary your grind size to get a cup of coffee that's tweaked to your taste or mood. I frequently grind a bit finer or coarser depending on how many days from roast the beans are, to increase the acidity or tilt the balance towards more of the deep cocoa notes in my particular bean. Or based on my mood for a particular flavour profile for that moment.

Coincidentally , we had some coffee being planted just as an experiment here in Kalimpong. The friend who coordinated this effort also has a limited edition boutique coffee which he grows at an altitude of 5600 feet www.facebook.com/HimalisOrganicCoffee.
He says the clone being planted is typica bourbon arabica.
F120139F-903E-4571-B027-694C12A079F0.jpeg

4D45D9CD-AF10-482A-BBDE-8575DBFC4139.jpeg
07B7840A-4A74-42FF-8D13-B6B3FB5EAB3D.jpeg

Attachments

• C61D5E12-23F8-42B5-A23C-8456391F858E.jpeg
    C61D5E12-23F8-42B5-A23C-8456391F858E.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi,
I am one of the coffee lover, I hate instant coffee. I love filter coffee. If you're in Tamil Nadu you try "NARASUS DHIVYAM" this brand specially prepare for hotels, I had look in to Amazon not available this "DHIVYAM" this coffee power best in my experience. I have been traveled world wide many countries and drink lot of coffees, I can't compare with Indian coffee brand "NARASUS DHIVYAM" this brand will available everywhere in Tamil Nadu @ NARASUS coffee stores. I used make coffee with coffee maker brand name "Morphy Richards Kaffeto" Milk Frother and Coffee maker with NARASUS DHIVIYAM coffee powder.
Rajkumar

Attachments

• MORPHY RICHARDS KAFFETO.jpg
    MORPHY RICHARDS KAFFETO.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 11
  • NARASUS DHIVYAM Premium.jpg
    NARASUS DHIVYAM Premium.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 11
Hi,
I am one of the coffee lover, I hate instant coffee. I love filter coffee. If you're in Tamil Nadu you try "NARASUS DHIVYAM" this brand specially prepare for hotels, I had look in to Amazon not available this "DHIVYAM" this coffee power best in my experience. I have been traveled world wide many countries and drink lot of coffees, I can't compare with Indian coffee brand "NARASUS DHIVYAM" this brand will available everywhere in Tamil Nadu @ NARASUS coffee stores. I used make coffee with coffee maker brand name "Morphy Richards Kaffeto" Milk Frother and Coffee maker with NARASUS DHIVIYAM coffee powder.
Rajkumar

I have tried the Morphy Richards Kaffeto to long ago and frankly did not like it, it's a novelty espresso maker only and not at all make a semi decent espresso, it kind of burns the ground coffee, also portafilter feels cheap and not well made, not sure if it's my machine issue, better invest a bit more and buy a espresso maker sans milk attachment, frothing can easily be done by wand available with espresso machines.

you try "NARASUS DHIVYAM" this brand specially prepare for hotels, I had look in to Amazon not available this "DHIVYAM" this coffee power best in my experience. I have been traveled world wide many countries and drink lot of coffees, I can't compare with Indian coffee brand "NARASUS DHIVYAM" this brand will available everywhere in Tamil Nadu @ NARASUS coffee stores.
90:10! This sounds right up my alley. Anyone willing to send me a 500 gm pack to Mumbai? Needless to say all expenses will be borne by me. I visited their website and the shopping cart does not work.

Curious to know what is the exact purpose of adding chicory to the coffee powder? And how does its proportion affect the outcome?

I highly recommend the Viennese blend from Diwans in Delhi.

Its one of the oldest coffee places in Delhi, if you live here, i highly recommend going to Khanna market and sitting in their on premise grinding facility and having a cup. The coffee is always fresh and sometimes blended right in front of you.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back