Need a decent HT plus atleast 5.1 setup

sdinusa

Hi this is my first post I am looking to buy a HT that is future ready 50/50 movies and Music...

Below is what I have in mind so far.

Denon avr-x1600h
Or
Pioneer VSX-LX303
Or pls suggest anything else I am not looking to exceed beyond 1 lac.

Speakers

Taga Harmony TAV-606 SE Special Edition
With Polk 110 Sub or BIC Sub or any other Sub suggestions?

Or

Polk 5.1 Set
1 pair Polk S15
1 pair Polk S10
1 Polk S35 Centre speaker.
1 Polk PSW 110 Subwoofer.

This is going beyond my budget but can go for gradual addition as well.

Or any other good speaker setup. Will eventually go for 5.1.2 or 5.1.4
I am looking for a future ready system to use this is my living room.

Thanks in advance

Hello...if you are ultimately planning for 5.1.4, then x1600 won't work. Max it can support is 5.1.2. for 5.1.4 or 7.1.2, you will need x3600 and up on denon line, marantz 6013 and above.

Always better to build your system slowly.

All the best on your journey...

Thanks for your reply.. I am not very particular about 5.1.4 but since both the receivers are almost same price point hence confused.. a friend of mine who is in to this business told me to go for Denon 1600 plus Polk.

Another question..Denon avrx 1600 or 2600..mainly because of 2 HDMI out plus better power?

Or Pioneer LX 303? More channels?

Speakers Polk set.

1pair Polk S15
1 pair Polk S10
1 Polk PSW 110 Subwoofer

2hdmi will be necessary if you plan to connect 2 displays to your AVR...either now or in future (like TV and projector)..80w to 95w is not a huge jump in power and for the speakers you selected, won't make a audible difference.
Both denon 1600 and 2600 has eARC support where as not sure for lx303. eARC would be important if you plan to send uncompressed audio from your TV to AVR.

Hi this is my first post I am looking to buy a HT that is future ready 50/50 movies and Music...

Below is what I have in mind so far.

Denon avr-x1600h
Or
Pioneer VSX-LX303
Or pls suggest anything else I am not looking to exceed beyond 1 lac.

Speakers

Taga Harmony TAV-606 SE Special Edition
With Polk 110 Sub or BIC Sub or any other Sub suggestions?

Or

Polk 5.1 Set
1 pair Polk S15
1 pair Polk S10
1 Polk PSW 110 Subwoofer.

This is going beyond my budget but can go for gradual addition as well.

Or any other good speaker setup. Will eventually go for 5.1.2 or 5.1.4
I am looking for a future ready system to use this is my living room.

Thanks in advance

I have my 5.0 speakers available for Sale. Please visit the following link and if interested please pm me.

@elangoas right now it's a living room where I will setting this up.. dimensions.. 11.5*17.5 ceiling height 9 feet ...
however in future may move to a dedicated HT room (planning to construct an independent house)

I am confused with Denon1600 or 2600(price difference 11k) or Pioneer 303 get more channels and go forward the 5.1.4 and add one more sub later

I have a relative who is in this business and may get me almost landing rate...but his suggestion is to go for Denon. Pioneer has heating issues and no after sales support. He is suggesting to choose from 1600 or 2600

Last edited:
@elangoas right now it's a living room where I will setting this up.. dimensions.. 11.5*17.5 ceiling height 9 feet ... however in future may move to a dedicated HT room (planning to construct an independent house)

Thatz a good room dimension for upto 7.2.4 layout..

I am confused with Denon1600 or 2600(price difference 11k) or Pioneer 303 get more channels and go forward the 5.1.4 and add one more sub later

I have a relative who is in this business and may get me almost landing rate...but his suggestion is to go for Denon. Pioneer has heating issues and no after sales support. He is suggesting to choose from 1600 or 2600

If you are getting Denon for a better price, go for it..

If you are planning to listen to music as well, you can consider Marantz 1608 or 1609.
New Marantz 1710 with eARC will be available in India shortly.

When it comes to speakers, it is better to audition and decide the speakers you like.
Listen to Taga 606, Polk, Sonodyne, Q Acoustics, Mission etc.

I wouldn't recommend Polk S35 as it has got small 3 inch drivers, better to consider S30 instead. (if you want to stick to Polk).
Similarly you can look for pre-owned SVS/REL/XTZ subs, they will be better than Polk 110 sub

If you are planning to listen to music as well, you can consider Marantz 1608 or 1609.
New Marantz 1710 with eARC will be available in India shortly.

When it comes to speakers, it is better to audition and decide the speakers you like.
Listen to Taga 606, Polk, Sonodyne, Q Acoustics, Mission etc.

I wouldn't recommend Polk S35 as it has got small 3 inch drivers, better to consider S30 instead. (if you want to stick to Polk).
Similarly you can look for pre-owned SVS/REL/XTZ subs, they will be better than Polk 110 sub
Thanks any suggestions on Jamo side?

Let me check on Denon 2600 plus Polk then..

If you doing Polk, then consider doing S15 all around the room including ceiling.. They have key hole mount + threaded hole inserts, so easy to mount & tilt on wall / ceiling.. Also consider doing identical speakers for a uniform sound-stage all around..

If you doing Polk, then consider doing S15 all around the room including ceiling.. They have key hole mount + threaded hole inserts, so easy to mount & tilt on wall / ceiling.. Also consider doing identical speakers for a uniform sound-stage all around..
Yeah I was kind of thinking of S20 for front and S15 rear but can do S15 all around too saves me 2kapprx;)

I would reccomend denon. Try and get the 2600 if you can.
Yes thank you.. Right now looking to go for below

Denon AVRX 2600 + Polk s15 2 pair + S30 + PSW110

Never got to audition PSW110..any thoughts or any other better Sub in this price range?

Yes thank you.. Right now looking to go for below

Denon AVRX 2600 + Polk s15 2 pair + S30 + PSW110

Never got to audition PSW110..any thoughts or any other better Sub in this price range?
There are also 4 custom bookself Speakers with me hence may try those before going for S15..

May be save money there and get a decent Sub + S30

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back