Need a good deal on Onkyo TX-SR605 7.1 Channel AV Surround Home Theater Receiver.

mukand

Hello everyone

Can any one point me to dealers/gray market/resource to get a good deal on TX-SR605 7.1 Channel AV Surround Home Theater Receiver. Location is not mandatory though i put up in Bangalore.

txsr606b_front_300_540x218.jpg

Just for reference the US price is $380 ~ Rs.16200/- including taxes as of today. I very well understand that US prices cannot be compared (Thanks to our Govt. , taxes, duties, middlemen, every time money changes hands, somebody has to get their share) but again just for reference.:mad:

Any leads, pointers, phone numbers, contact details would be helpful.

Thanks once again!! :eek:

Re-posting !!!
Please provide your inputs .... anything, contacts, dealers, any lead-outs would work.
Also let me know your experiences with this model. :rolleyes:

Hi Mukund,
The price in Delhi is around 36,000/=.
Try these no. for B'lore-
41235988,41289650,41289651,9845545429-Onkyo Showroom.
Also try some other stores at-25589733,25358192,25595783,26653193

It is one of the best receivers today at this price range.
However they have recently launched 606 which has 4 hdmi inputs at the same price for the time being. Do look into that or at least use this to bargain for 605 price.
Do let me know .

Hi Mukund,
The price in Delhi is around 36,000/=.
Try these no. for B'lore-
41235988,41289650,41289651,9845545429-Onkyo Showroom.
Also try some other stores at-25589733,25358192,25595783,26653193

It is one of the best receivers today at this price range.
However they have recently launched 606 which has 4 hdmi inputs at the same price for the time being. Do look into that or at least use this to bargain for 605 price.
Do let me know .

Thanks Bs for the update ... :)
yes I have already checked at the Showrooms here but the cost does not suit me .... :(
I am planning it to get from the US. I just got the news that there is a US version of 606 with a Voltage selector i.e 110v - 220v switch.
lets see :D

Hi Mukand,

Last month i received a Pioneer AV Receiver from my aunt in USA. The model
is VSX-1017TXV. It costed around $ 354 ~ Rs.14200/- there. My cousin
bought this AVR personally therefore no duty was paid. Where as India
price is around Rs. 38000/- . The only problem was voltage issue. I had to
purchase a stepdown transformer 230/120 volt to run this AVR.

rajneesh.

Mukand

Try getting a better deal out in Bangalore only...

As IMO, if you are getting stuff from, US, and its basic is 110v only, even though you will be using converters, but what in case you land up with any problem...
I am sure, in India, service guyz, will not support, when things are not under there hand...

So try getting a 230v, SR 606 in India only...

Anyways, what best price have you got till now...???

Maybe i can get something better from my distributors...

Do let me know...

Regards

Mridul

Hello everyone,
need help in purchasing an onkyo/devon system with a budget upto
70k. Email ids of shops dealers etc will also do.
Also plz advise on the combination of amp,speakers and dvd player
to optimize my purchase. A combo ht will also do.
plz advise!
thankx in advance

Mukand

Try getting a better deal out in Bangalore only...

As IMO, if you are getting stuff from, US, and its basic is 110v only, even though you will be using converters, but what in case you land up with any problem...
I am sure, in India, service guyz, will not support, when things are not under there hand...

So try getting a 230v, SR 606 in India only...

Anyways, what best price have you got till now...???

Maybe i can get something better from my distributors...

Do let me know...

Regards

Mridul

Thanks Mridul for offering the support ... but I am yet to finalize on a few things .....

[IMG2]http://lh3.ggpht.com/mukand/SEbWrZB7KhI/AAAAAAAADDY/qVJfkfQ8lP0/606.jpg[/IMG2]

1. The price difference of TX-SR606 here is really huge 19k (U.S) vs 38K (india), thats doubble!! :eek:

2. God forbid if anything happens ... i mean repairs, even paid @ 4k - 5k per repair. I can still get it repaired 4 to 5 times in that difference. Sorry for the pun but thats a fact. :cool:

3. Getting from Grey/Without bill/warranties is equivalent of getting from US = No support. But this still turns out to be expensive than US. :rolleyes:

4. There are some models being offered with a Voltage selector. I need to check if the same can be got from the US or Singapore. :confused:

Hi Mridul,
thanks a ton for the prompt reply.
You certainly have my attention for the system.
I am presently in Congo, and shall be visiting India
in Oct this year.
So I would request you to ask your distributor to get in touch
with me on my email, ie [email protected].
Also please advise me on the system configuration for for something
upto 70 ks.
thanks once again
gary

Self bought it before a month in Chennai at Onkyo showroom and it costs 35K, and the performance is good. I am using with Pure Acoustics speakers from USA 5.1 AV 799 series & Samsung LCD TV.

Video Upscaling is OK , but not too good as i expected.But its having 4 HDMI inputs and one HDMI o/p.

Hi Senthil,
thanks for the information dude.
could you please forward me the address from where you picked up the
amp. I am located in delhi, will it be possible for the dealer to courier the
stuff from Madras. I am looking for a complete system , i would request you
for compatible speakers with the amp also and also from where they could be
procured from. please send all email ids of concerned dealers in case held with
you so that I can pursue it from my end.
thanks a ton pal
gary:)

Hi,
I would like to know if anyone around has got the 605 from US and have also got it working using the step down transformers.
Questions:

1. Are there any recommended places in Chennai to get these step down transformers?
2. Has anyone setup this system completely by yourself ? (I mean the wiring/grounding/room setup etc)

Hi Senthil,
thanks a ton pal

Always buy these stuff from local authorised dealers only.,.Pls visit,see the demo, get yourself satisfied and then proceed further.

ONKYO INDIA
K -1 / 79, Ground Floor,
Opp. South Park Apartments ( Gate 1 )
Chittaranjan Park
New Delhi - 110 019.

Ph # 91-011-4160 3109,011-4050 2619
Mobile # 98117 76762
email : [email protected]

Visit ONKYO INDIA.com website for product details.

Hi Senthil,
thanks a ton pal

hi gary
i hv seen ur interest in onkyo 606. just for my knowledge can u tell me when do u plan to buy the same as i m in touch with the delhi onkyo for speaker set. and if we both negotiate together then we might get good deal and u can buy ur desired av receiver and i will buy my speakers. will wait for ur reply.

Hi friends.....
I am planing to buy to good amp.... i saw onkyo tx-sr605 and with Sony SA/W3000 of combination...sound performance is superb... I checked with website.. not advertised in india only in singapre and usa... Can anybody say where would i get SONY Sub woofer in Mumbai or Delhi or Chennai in gray ??

hi kishore..is there any specific reason u want 2 buy 605-im using a 606 and this model is a upgraded version of 605 i got it from e-zone in hyd u can also check with e-zone i feel there prices are most competitive.i think onkyo has also discontinued this model im not very sure but.

ok thanks for reply... actually 2 HDMI input is more sufficient for me.. i thought 606 will be more costlier than 605.. and looking with my budget also.. step by step up gradation..

yes but i think for 605 the asking price is 36k and the price for 606 is also 36k and of course u can use bargain sills..i feel a current model is always better my 2 cents of advice:)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back