• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Need a good Sound card with SPDIF/COAX for HTPC

Wharfedale Evo 4.2

sarge

Hi, I need a Good sound card for viewing HD movie & Song,Card must have with SPDIF/COAX, My Sound System sony dth theatre ht-iv300/ Logitech z5500, Budget not matter.kindly suggest

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

MaSh

What is your requirement? How are you connecting them all? Your Sony has HDMI input as well as optical. How is Logitech a part of the chain?

MaSh

sarge

What is your requirement? How are you connecting them all? Your Sony has HDMI input as well as optical. How is Logitech a part of the chain?

MaSh
I want sony dth theatre ht-iv300/ Logitech z5500 both connecting through SPDIF OR COAX, so need recommendation such sound card that have SPDIF/COAX

reignofchaos

TOSLINK does not have the bandwidth to carry the lossless versions of Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, or more than two channels of PCM audio.
If you want lossless formats, only way to go is HDMI. Coaxial won't work either.

dr_rocket

TOSLINK does not have the bandwidth to carry the lossless versions of Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, or more than two channels of PCM audio.
ASUS XONAR DX has SPDIF output with supplied optical adapter so you can connect SPDIF or optical cable as required. Please go through the manual here http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Au...7.1551585633.1517381574-1771289918.1517381574

And AFAIK, both HTIV300 and z5500 does not support master audio but HTIV300 probably supports TrueHD.

elangoas

Hi, I need a Good sound card for viewing HD movie & Song,Card must have with SPDIF/COAX, My Sound System sony dth theatre ht-iv300/ Logitech z5500, Budget not matter.kindly suggest

Sometimes Motherboards have SPDIF header out.. With a very simple DIY bracket, you can get co-axial out from PC.. Hope you have checked your PC motherboard specs..share your PC motherboard model #..

Also you can add a entry level graphics card to your PC which can send lossless signals to Sony HT AVR..

dinesh1201

Replace your mother board and that would be much cheaper than buying a Hi End Creative or Asus sound card. Gigabyte sniper has all, asus may also have.

z@m

If you want lossless formats, only way to go is HDMI. Coaxial won't work either.

Hi, just for general knowledge can you shed some light on this w.r.t. lossless stereo music (for e.g. flac) only vs. atmos/5.1/etc. ? Thanks.

reignofchaos

Hi, just for general knowledge can you shed some light on this w.r.t. lossless stereo music (for e.g. flac) only vs. atmos/5.1/etc. ? Thanks.
Stereo music works fine with coax or optical. It is only the surround formats that can't be carried in a lossless manner by spdif.

MaSh

I want sony dth theatre ht-iv300/ Logitech z5500 both connecting through SPDIF OR COAX, so need recommendation such sound card that have SPDIF/COAX

Sorry, still confused what you are trying to achieve. Are these going to be two separate chains, Sony for movies and Logitech for Music?

Which sound card have HDMI.Logitech z5500 does not have HDMI.

You will need a Graphics Card to get HDMI. Only HDMI transmits higher bandwidth content. How is the computer connected to the Display?

If Optical is all you need, then any sound card from Asus, Creative, etc with an Optical connector should work.

MaSh

sarge

Sorry, still confused what you are trying to achieve. Are these going to be two separate chains, Sony for movies and Logitech for Music?

You will need a Graphics Card to get HDMI. Only HDMI transmits higher bandwidth content. How is the computer connected to the Display?

If Optical is all you need, then any sound card from Asus, Creative, etc with an Optical connector should work.

MaSh

i need optical but confused to choose which sound card Asus Essence STX II 7.1, HT OMEGA CLARO II, ASUS XONAR DX ,
Asus Xonar DSX PCIe 7.1 or Creative Sound Blaster Z

mainly i used HD movie & music. recommend ....

ravenus

Sorry I may be wrong but why do you need a "good" sound card if you only want to take a digital out. You might as well take an HDMI out from your PC video to your receiver. It is the receiver that will do the conversion to analog (which requires good quality electronics), your card has no role other than to just pass the data along. Good sound cards are required when you're connecting analog-only amps or headphones.

MaSh

i need optical but confused to choose which sound card Asus Essence STX II 7.1, HT OMEGA CLARO II, ASUS XONAR DX ,
Asus Xonar DSX PCIe 7.1 or Creative Sound Blaster Z

mainly i used HD movie & music. recommend ....

Since its just digital out that you need, any card is okay. There is going to be no processing being done on it. You could even look at USB to Optical converters available on Amazon.

MaSh