Need a help play video Via Hard disk

maahan

Hi,
i have Samsung HT-TZ215 home theater system, i need to play my dvd files from hard disk via USB, i got every thing work fine and videos playing well but videos playing little bit slow is there any solution play perfectly? if yes please help me
thanks
regards

the power from your player is not enough to drive the harddisk. better to give external usb power. take a usb splitter one connected to external power and one connected to player usb.

thanks for your help do you have any picture or link usb splitter and external power picture please

Hi,
i have Samsung HT-TZ215 home theater system, i need to play my dvd files from hard disk via USB, i got every thing work fine and videos playing well but videos playing little bit slow is there any solution play perfectly? if yes please help me
thanks
regards

I am also facing the same problem when playing DVD files copied to a Pen drive connected to USB port of my Oppo-980. Obviously, there's no question of providing external power to a pen drive.
Additionally, the files are played as continuous and chapter info is lost.
Basically, I want the player to play the DVD files (copied on a pen drive) just like it would play on a dvd and not like individual data files.
Is there a way out?

it shudnt be the problem with the power supplied to hdd ..

it will either work or willnot work..

what kind of partition table is it on fat32 or ntfs..

also try going through the tools for your hdd ( defrag and error checking)

also size of file you are trying to play..

if its of large size the inbuilt player of tv might not have enough amount of hard ware to buffer that movie however that might not be the case..

hdd :: what size
partition table :: ntfs/fat32
portable or external with adaptor :: ??

however as anuragn stated he faced same prob with pendrive..

it can happen if the pendrive ( memory chip) speed is low.

new pendrive have faster read and write speed upto 20MBPS..

try one that have more speed if you play files of bigger size

however as anuragn stated he faced same prob with pendrive..

it can happen if the pendrive ( memory chip) speed is low.

new pendrive have faster read and write speed upto 20MBPS..

try one that have more speed if you play files of bigger size

I even tried with a 4GB "SD HC" card with a card reader and still got slow speed. Maybe, there is a bottleneck somewhere in the chain.
But is there any method to play files from usb just like a DVD i.e with menus and chapters etc?

I even tried with a 4GB "SD HC" card with a card reader and still got slow speed. Maybe, there is a bottleneck somewhere in the chain.
But is there any method to play files from usb just like a DVD i.e with menus and chapters etc?

No, unless that player supports DVD iso images it will treat all individual files as independent video.

that can be possible if the TV supports dvd format and menus and subtitles..

however still try to copy all the files in the same folder and then see if it works..

still not sure if it will be able to do it..

that can be possible if the TV supports dvd format and menus and subtitles..

however still try to copy all the files in the same folder and then see if it works..

still not sure if it will be able to do it..

Seems like my DVD player does not support, so would have to live with it.

No, unless that player supports DVD iso images it will treat all individual files as independent video.
20th October 2010 06:34 PM

Can you pl elaborate?

tats cool buddy we arent new dvd users that we will need spoon feeding we are geeks and we can make things work any ways.. so dvd menus and small crappy things shudn't matter for us.. like other take these things as selling points and buy stuff..

what we care bout are the response time, video quality and upscaling of a tv .. that normal mass is unaware..

we are a diff breed of people.. so lets enjoy our technicality..

happy viewing..

tats cool buddy we arent new dvd users that we will need spoon feeding we are geeks and we can make things work any ways.. so dvd menus and small crappy things shudn't matter for us.. like other take these things as selling points and buy stuff..

what we care bout are the response time, video quality and upscaling of a tv .. that normal mass is unaware..

we are a diff breed of people.. so lets enjoy our technicality..

happy viewing..

Don't agree on this.
This is not spoonfeeding.
I'll give you an example:
You are watching a Hindi (or any Indian language) movie and a song starts and you wish to skip the song. If the chapter structure of the dvd is intact, you just have to press the skip (>>) button and you land up just at the end of the song. But, if chapters are not recognized by the player, you have to reach the end of the song sequence by trial and error, which robs the pleasure of watching the movie.
It's basically a combination features and technical specs that matters and not just the raw, cold, nerdy technical specs that we care about.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back