Need a Home Theater for bedroom around 10K INR

haisaikat

This is required for my in laws. Requirements are as below
1. should be 5.1 for room size 12x12
2. DVD playback is optional
3. HDMI output is optional
4. TV is Sony 32CX20 (LCD, HD Ready)
5. Budget is around 10K
6. Philips and LG I saw some which are in the 10K range and available in flipkart.com / letsbuy.com, want some other options
7. should support Dolby and DTS formats and PL2X/Z if possible
8. must have optical / coaxial inputs

12 x 12 is a difficult room size for sound. It's prone to standing waves and with a 10K HT system, you'll end up with very bad nights. Do you really want to spoil your bedroom environment ?

You already have a good HT system and the inexpensive HT will be pain in your ears all the time compared to the better one. Think over these two points before buying anything.

12 x 12 is a difficult room size for sound. It's prone to standing waves and with a 10K HT system, you'll end up with very bad nights. Do you really want to spoil your bedroom environment ?

You already have a good HT system and the inexpensive HT will be pain in your ears all the time compared to the better one. Think over these two points before buying anything.

Hi Shivam,
I appreciate your concerns, however note that this being a bedroom with bed and lots of other packed stuff will have lot of sound absorbing / dampening materials as well. Also since this HT system will be for my in laws who will not use it frequently and also have no prior HT listening experiance they will not feel the difference. Thye also do not intend to play high volume theater like movies but only songs (bengali, rabindra sangeet) with begali movies most of the time.

On another thread I was suggested 5.1 Multimedia Home Theater Speaker - DA5000 Pro | Edifier Edifier and someone posted that it costs around 7.5K, of course no DVD player but I already have a average DVP player Sony DVP 500. Does anyone have any idea about this?

Edifier looks strong in specs and features.. And since u hav a DVD plyr ...(I hope it has 5 ch Analog outputs (Rca cable type). u can go for it.. provided its available for 7.5 k.. not a bad deal

and If u wanna go for a package dea sony has 2 models
DAV-TZ135 : DVD Home Theatre System : Home Theatre System : Sony India
and
http://www.sony.co.in/product/dav-

I hav heard both of these at a sony showroom and they are good for the purpose u want it to be... VFM Product..
Still I wd suggest u to demo Edifier too.. as it is a dedicated 5.1 speaker system.. so i think it shd be better than sony which is a ht package..(i am jus comparing on the lines of an Integrated amp vs AVR)... and Edifier has got proper speakers with separate midrange driver and high freq tweeter with an 8 inch sub.. an even the center channel like other expensive ht package center channel spkr has 2 mid range drivers and 1 high freq twtr...

so demo an decide.. My bet s on Edifier

if it is mainly for music, why dont you get a good 2.1 system rather than going for a 5.1 in 10k.

That is beacuse I do not want to let go the movie experiance on 5.1. you know more of a all in one so that they do not miss on comparison with neighnours :), may sound peculiar, but all aspects have to be safe guarded.

Edifier looks strong in specs and features.. And since u hav a DVD plyr ...(I hope it has 5 ch Analog outputs (Rca cable type). u can go for it.. provided its available for 7.5 k.. not a bad deal

and If u wanna go for a package dea sony has 2 models
DAV-TZ135 : DVD Home Theatre System : Home Theatre System : Sony India
and
http://www.sony.co.in/product/dav-

I hav heard both of these at a sony showroom and they are good for the purpose u want it to be... VFM Product..
Still I wd suggest u to demo Edifier too.. as it is a dedicated 5.1 speaker system.. so i think it shd be better than sony which is a ht package..(i am jus comparing on the lines of an Integrated amp vs AVR)... and Edifier has got proper speakers with separate midrange driver and high freq tweeter with an 8 inch sub.. an even the center channel like other expensive ht package center channel spkr has 2 mid range drivers and 1 high freq twtr...

so demo an decide.. My bet s on Edifier

Thanks, one query on the TZ135, its specs are confusing on site, one place it says upscales to 1080p and another place says 720p and 1080i. Although the TV is not Full HD so hope this will not matter much but most improtanctly specs does not say what input options it has, considering my in lawas have SD Airtel STB.

Also between Edifier and Sony I will prefer the sony as considering the age of my in laws the HTIB from Sony will have one less remote for them to worry about, they are already struggling with 3 remotes (TV, Sony DVd Player and Airtel STB), thank fully the sony DVD player can control the TV volume control.

hello !

here's a good thread which i hope would prove useful to you :

Need advice for 5.1 home theatre system - TechEnclave

the philips HT is also discussed about here. though a little out of the budget :)

After reading this, I keep the Philips from flipkart at 13.5K at the top for max feature rich however the Sony TZ135 is next best with pros of being in budget. Will keep looking for more suggestions.

I guess the use is
music: Rabindrasangeet, Bengali golden era Adhunik and film songs, so its the solidity not feature of the system that will matter, so hardly any of them will be even stereo

movies: bengali movies, majority of them will be 480p DVDs, my experience is ANGEL etc. DVD prints are below par, instead subscribing to bengali channels are much better, they make it a point to broadcast decent prints

so I feel there is hardly any point to go for a 5.1, instead buy
a component CD player (around 11K) like this (i use in my bedroom), they are good enough for bedroom

MHC-GZR5D : Mini Hi-Fi System : Hi-Fi System : Sony India

and a dvd player (around 1.5K)

hook the DVD player analog video to TV and optical (or rca) audio to the component, at least I enjoyed this set up for a while in the bedroom

Arnab

I guess the use is
music: Rabindrasangeet, Bengali golden era Adhunik and film songs, so its the solidity not feature of the system that will matter, so hardly any of them will be even stereo

movies: bengali movies, majority of them will be 480p DVDs, my experience is ANGEL etc. DVD prints are below par, instead subscribing to bengali channels are much better, they make it a point to broadcast decent prints

so I feel there is hardly any point to go for a 5.1, instead buy
a component CD player (around 11K) like this (i use in my bedroom), they are good enough for bedroom

MHC-GZR5D : Mini Hi-Fi System : Hi-Fi System : Sony India

and a dvd player (around 1.5K)

hook the DVD player analog video to TV and optical (or rca) audio to the component, at least I enjoyed this set up for a while in the bedroom

Arnab

Thanks Arnab for suggestion, something of this sort I had suggested only to be turned down, sometimes at certain age all logic is not logical :(

5.1 system is required (surround system), again you should keep in mind that they are not audiophiles and with no prior experiqance of owning any HT system so for them a HT system will be a leap definitely over their existing mini stereo tapedeck.

They are interested in newer bengali movies and trust me most of them come in 5.1. All feludas, rangmilantui, ranjana, all rips I have in 5.1 and so is their print on dvds. You "angel video" reference is hilarious :) true.

Thanks, one query on the TZ135, its specs are confusing on site, one place it says upscales to 1080p and another place says 720p and 1080i. Although the TV is not Full HD so hope this will not matter much but most improtanctly specs does not say what input options it has, considering my in lawas have SD Airtel STB.

Also between Edifier and Sony I will prefer the sony as considering the age of my in laws the HTIB from Sony will have one less remote for them to worry about, they are already struggling with 3 remotes (TV, Sony DVd Player and Airtel STB), thank fully the sony DVD player can control the TV volume control.

I am not sure abt the inputs.. In such cases wat i do is download the manual thru the site and look for wat I need and even discover new features.. :yahoo:
In fact I have read d manuals of almost all d AVRS.. from 1910 to 1912.. to VSX771 to PM7004 to Diamonds to Mezzos:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
i suggest u to do the same !!

I am not sure abt the inputs.. In such cases wat i do is download the manual thru the site and look for wat I need and even discover new features.. :yahoo:
In fact I have read d manuals of almost all d AVRS.. from 1910 to 1912.. to VSX771 to PM7004 to Diamonds to Mezzos:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
i suggest u to do the same !!

This does not hold that much fruitful for low budget HTiBs :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back