Need advice for amplifier for Bose acoustimass 10 series 5

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Bose acoustimass 10 series 5. I am looking to buy amplifier for this system. Please advise on what will be the best option. My budget is 30k and can go max upto 35k.

Please suggest.

yamaha avrs go well the with bose. should be in your budget as well. i think your options are rx v 377 or 477

yamaha avrs go well the with bose. should be in your budget as well. i think your options are rx v 377 or 477

Do you think still same model applies? Any idea from where I can get in Hyderabad, India. Any reliable source?

Do you think still same model applies? Any idea from where I can get in Hyderabad, India. Any reliable source?
I am also going in for Bose AM10 series 5. I have decided to use YAMAHA RX-V585 AMPLIFIER for this.
The reason is, it is 7.2 with Dolby Atmos-enabled , hence future proof. In future, I may add 2 more speakers to suit Dolby Atmos.
For that, I am thinking to go in for Bose AM5 speakers.
Cost of this Yamaha amplifier in Pune is around Rs.50,000/- but can get some discount, so may cost Rs.45000/- I hope.
If not interested in Dolby etc. then I think YAMAHA RX-V485 AMPLIFIER will suit. Cost is around Rs.40000/- less some discount.

I am also going in for Bose AM10 series 5. I have decided to use YAMAHA RX-V585 AMPLIFIER for this.
The reason is, it is 7.2 with Dolby Atmos-enabled , hence future proof. In future, I may add 2 more speakers to suit Dolby Atmos.
For that, I am thinking to go in for Bose AM5 speakers.
Cost of this Yamaha amplifier in Pune is around Rs.50,000/- but can get some discount, so may cost Rs.45000/- I hope.
If not interested in Dolby etc. then I think YAMAHA RX-V485 AMPLIFIER will suit. Cost is around Rs.40000/- less some discount.

The Bose AM5 has a passive woofer and hence may not be the ideal solution. Rather, you invest in Bose 201s or 301s and put these as main speakers and the AM10 can fulfill the other speaker requirements on the AVR....the woofer is powered here.

AVRs keep changing almost every year with some format or the other being introduced...the question you need to ask yourself is...will you be using all those features and do you have the time for the same to enjoy playback? Accordingly review and go for that model. In fact older flagship models will be sold cheaper and provide the best performance.

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Bose acoustimass 10 series 5. I am looking to buy amplifier for this system. Please advise on what will be the best option. My budget is 30k and can go max upto 35k.

Please suggest.
Hi, could u give a approximate price for the AM 10 and from where u purchased them?

The Bose AM5 has a passive woofer and hence may not be the ideal solution. Rather, you invest in Bose 201s or 301s and put these as main speakers and the AM10 can fulfill the other speaker requirements on the AVR....the woofer is powered here.

AVRs keep changing almost every year with some format or the other being introduced...the question you need to ask yourself is...will you be using all those features and do you have the time for the same to enjoy playback? Accordingly review and go for that model. In fact older flagship models will be sold cheaper and provide the best performance.
Thank you for your suggestion for 201 or 301! That will be a better option.

Auditioned the Bose 600 and 650 lifestyle today, pretty impressive but then quite expensive as well, Bose stopped putting the acoustimass series on demo's in Mumbai. Can be ordered but cant be heard!

If the sources are good and content quality is great then the Bose 600 / 650 works well.....the only thing i like about it is the new designed wireless sub which is impressive.

As for the new designed satellite speakers, i still would have preferred the Jewel cubes......here it seems with the new design Bose is attempting to capture all missing frequencies....strategically placed drivers.....

My neighbour has the 650 and indeed it does not sound great at all with content being streamed from the phone through bluetooth......A laptop hooked through HDMI provides an OK performance.

For obvious reasons, My Marantz sounded much much better than the 650 and total costs within 50% of the Bose 650! My neighbour is still kicking himself for not asking my opinion....infact the Bose GS 321 system was way better than this....even the 235.....

The Bose AM10 is way better sounding than the 600 / 650 for sure.....only thing it needs to be paired well with a good AVR..... if i want a small look for speakers like the Bose mini Jewel cubes, i would invest in the Telome which also has comparable stellar performance!

Finally, I purchased Bose AM10 series V, and Yamaha RX-V585 bundled for Rs. 145000/-
Excellent sound quality at all volume levels. Even at low volume, the bass is punchy.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back