Need advice Home theatre (30K)

sridheeraj

Hello Gurus,
I am planning to buy a home theatre or quality music system in the range of 30K. I would listen to music 70% of time and watch movies 30% of time. I need advice on music system (AV receivers & speakers setup). Please let me know which one should I go for with regards to sound quality. I can stretch the budget little if I get exceptional vfm.
Cheers,
Dheeraj

For music,ideal is stereo set up which can be used for mov too(withour surr)
HT with both 50:50, 30k can be less.

Denon DHT-390 for 35k is good system.
For small area Philips HTib too are good.

Hi sridheeraj,
For 30k budget that has 5.1 HT package + stereo components, here is what I suggest. (Mind you there are going to be crude compromises here...)

1. Norge 2060 amp(7.5k) + Wharfedale 9.2(14k) = 21.5k
2. Phillips/LG/Other 5.1 channel HTIB (10k)
Total = 31.5k

Advantages:
a. Music SQ of above setup for freq 45Hz to 20Khz will be FAR BETTER than Onkyo/Denon 5.1 AVR costing 35K

Compropmises:
b. Wharfe 9.2 and 5.1 channel speaker matching may not be good enough specially for center speaker. However for noisy explosion type of fx it doesn't matter so much. Maintain your Wharfe spkr volume more than center, and the dialog voice mismatch won't hurt so much.

c. The subwoofer of 10k set won't sound as deep and loud as Onkyo/Denon active subwoofer in the 35k package.

I suggest you go with above setup presently and then upgrade the 10k HTIB with Onkyo/Denon HTIB in future when you have more budget.

Regds,

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back