Need advice in choosing the right Home Theatre

Kumarmayur

Hi guys,

I have always wanted to buy a home theatre and have been following the forums for sometime now.

I am a complete novice and would appreciate if u guys can help me choose the right system.

I am looking for a budget buy and have shortlisted a few options..

1. Onkyo 3800
2. Yamaha 1840

Now I went to R Digital and they have a couple of demo AVR pieces up for sale at good prices.

1. Denon 2113 - 20,000
2. Sony 550 - 13000

Will need to buy speakers separately for the above two options.

Please guide me which one to choose from these. Also if I buy the AVR then please suggest best budget speakers for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

I have always wanted to buy a home theatre and have been following the forums for sometime now.

I am a complete novice and would appreciate if u guys can help me choose the right system.

I am looking for a budget buy and have shortlisted a few options..

Your maximum budget will help us suggest accordingly..

1. Onkyo 3800
Skip this, as it has a passive sub..

2. Yamaha 1840
Skip this one too.. But it has active sub

Now I went to R Digital and they have a couple of demo AVR pieces up for sale at good prices.

1. Denon 2113 - 20,000

Try to negotiate for lesser price, as it is 5 yrs old model, this would be better buy.. What abt warranty ? Is it R Digital warranty (or) manufacturer warranty..

2. Sony 550 - 13000

You can consider this one too..

Of all the above, Denon 2113 is a better buy.. As good as buying an used product (price) but with warranty..:) It has auto calibration & some additional features, which will help you a lot..

Will need to buy speakers separately for the above two options.

Please guide me which one to choose from these. Also if I buy the AVR then please suggest best budget speakers for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Speakers also is dependent on your budget..

@ Kumarmayur

I would advise to go for a system which satisfies your requirements in terms of performance, budget, appearance and expectations.....

There are lot of systems and yes it becomes difficult to choose the right one...most of us have been changing systems over a period of time....(trial and error)....and some of us have now settled down for a certain brand of AVRs and speakers....

Bottomline....there could be a brand which i like and pleases me....this brand may not be your liking for a variety of reasons....

Trust your ears and instincts....shortlist 3/4 models and perhaps we can further advise on the best from them....

Your maximum budget will help us suggest accordingly..

Try to negotiate for lesser price, as it is 5 yrs old model, this would be better buy.. What abt warranty ? Is it R Digital warranty (or) manufacturer warranty..

You can consider this one too..

Of all the above, Denon 2113 is a better buy.. As good as buying an used product (price) but with warranty..:) It has auto calibration & some additional features, which will help you a lot..

Speakers also is dependent on your budget..

Hey thanks for the reply... I have a max budget of 40,000 including speakers. I may upgrade the speakers later on.
RD guys are giving a 1 year warranty which I shall expand to 3 years.

Feature wise 2113 is the best but it is quite old. Do u have any idea what is the average life a of a Denon AVR.

Kumarmayur;Feature wise 2113 is the best but it is quite old. Do u have any idea what is the average life a of a Denon AVR.[/QUOTE said:
My Denon 2309 bought in 2009 is still running strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey thanks for the reply... I have a max budget of 40,000 including speakers. I may upgrade the speakers later on.

In your budget you can consider the Taga 5.0 set-up.. Few variants between 20 ~ 25K, https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tav-406-v-2-set.html?search=Taga&description=true and then you can add a sub when your budget permits..

RD guys are giving a 1 year warranty which I shall expand to 3 years.

I think this is good in one way, coz if RD is not able to procure spares for your AVR with in the warranty period, they might replace you with a comparable AVR..

Feature wise 2113 is the best but it is quite old.

Yes it is old AVR, but it has Audyssey Multi EQ XT which is aval in latest AVR, which also does the same function.. Latest AVR with the same feature might set you back by 50K +..

Anyways choice is yours..

Do u have any idea what is the average life a of a Denon AVR.

Hypothecial Question :).. But should last you for a good 2 - 3 yrs atleast..

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back