Need Advice on Building my HT.

prasanth.kumar81

Hi,
I have been a passive member of this group for long. On the onset I would like to thank all members of this group for excellent information regarding all aspects of Audio and Video. Now coming down to my question.

I am planning to slowly build my Home Theater. My current budget is around 50K. Based on some initial reviews I am planning for the following setup.

Denon 1910 + Wharfedale Diamond 10.7 Floor Standers.

I Plan to purchase Receiver from Germany as my sister stays there. I was initially planning to get the same from USA but then I would need to buy a Step down transformer and the fear that any spike would render my Receiver useless is forcing me to consider Germany. I did check out the price there. It is around 350 Euros which is around 20K about 50% less than the Indian price of 40K(ProFX)

My Room size is around 17 X 11 and my requirements are for 80% Movies and 20% Music.

Any Ideas/Suggestions. I am open to everything as I am still very new to this area and don't have much knowledge in this field.

Finally are there any places where I can audition these speakers in Delhi. I am looking for places if possible in East Delhi/Noida.

Thanks for a patient reading.

Hi,
It is around 350 Euros which is around 20K about 50% less than the Indian price of 40K(ProFX)

50% less :licklips:

I think you will over run your budget. have u considered the custom duties on your purchase?

wharfdale is abt 33k. You will have to spend money on interconnects!!! do u have a dvd/bd player or will u be buying that too from this budget?

configuration seems good :licklips:

Thanks for your advice guys. I am again looking at options of getting my receiver from the USA as i found a dealer who sells amps @ 220V in the USA.
As far as speakers are concerned i did audition the Wharfedale 10.5 and found it to be pretty good. But do you think that for such a room (17 X 11) will FS be an overkill. If you feel so do you suggest any good BS in the range of 25K which will pair well with Denon 1910/1911.

Thanks for your advice guys. I am again looking at options of getting my receiver from the USA as i found a dealer who sells amps @ 220V in the USA.
As far as speakers are concerned i did audition the Wharfedale 10.5 and found it to be pretty good. But do you think that for such a room (17 X 11) will FS be an overkill. If you feel so do you suggest any good BS in the range of 25K which will pair well with Denon 1910/1911.

Hey if your viewing distance is 17 I think you can go with FS .

Telome BT300 are for 25k Or Polk TSI 400 29k (bargain n may get a better rate)...... With bookshelves again you need a Sub which will increase your budget a bit....

Good Luck
Kittu

Thanks for your advice guys. I am again looking at options of getting my receiver from the USA as i found a dealer who sells amps @ 220V in the USA. As far as speakers are concerned i did audition the Wharfedale 10.5 and found it to be pretty good. But do you think that for such a room (17 X 11) will FS be an overkill. If you feel so do you suggest any good BS in the range of 25K which will pair well with Denon 1910/1911.

@prasanth.kumar81 >> Can you please provide the details of the dealer selling 1910 ~ 220V

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back