• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Need advice on Firetv with 4K Ultra HD

Team,
I am going to get Amazon's Firetv with 4k Ultra HD and it promises Dolby Atmos audio. And this audio is one of the reasons i want to go with it since the default fire tv will provide only 5.1. Can someone please confirm if this will continue to work in India (since i am planning to get it from US) for netflix and other set of players?I am planning to use this with my new Marantz 6012 + Dali bookshelfs + SVS PB1000. I have a friend coming from US so please do recommend me if any other streaming player is better than this option, i defintely want it to be capable of HD + Atmos.

Here is the link
http://a.co/d/fHeNEPE

Thanks in advance

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

thanks guys, i ordered the Nvidia Shield after looking lot of good reviews. i hope the US product works in India without any hitches.

newlash09

I wouldn't bother about streaming Atmos content from Amazon fire TV or Chromecast or any other device as long as it outputs 5.1

Just go into your AVR mode and enable DTS nueral X mode for sound output for movies. This will upscale even normal Dolby formats to Atmos. This is my default setting for movies. And sounds good enough to my ears.

I wouldn't bother about streaming Atmos content from Amazon fire TV or Chromecast or any other device as long as it outputs 5.1

Just go into your AVR mode and enable DTS nueral X mode for sound output for movies. This will upscale even normal Dolby formats to Atmos. This is my default setting for movies. And sounds good enough to my ears.
ok, thanks for that i did not know that. will try it out

Last edited:

iajay

Shield supports upto 7.1 Dolby Atmos passthrough. But the Netflix and Amazon prime app for the devices don't support anything more than 5.1 Dolby digital Plus.
ok, so i am assuming its a matter of time those apps starts supporting, but important thing is that the Shield device is capable of playing 7.1/atmos. Because i have some downloaded contents on my hard disk and i want to connecdt to shield and be able to play

iajay

ok, so i am assuming its a matter of time those apps starts supporting, but important thing is that the Shield device is capable of playing 7.1/atmos. Because i have some downloaded contents on my hard disk and i want to connecdt to shield and be able to play
yes downloaded material (ATMOS) can be played using KODI .. you need to passthrough the audio.. you can search on forum

SPONSORED ADS