Need advice on SONY KDL W800A

Hi experts- please provide your opinions on W800A series from SONY. Haven't yet seen it on display in showrooms.

Earlier I saw HX750 and HX850 on display and I was quite impressed with the PQ , black levels and motion smoothness.

The reasons why I am intersted in W800A are
1. Its a 2013 model with all interesting features
2. Passive 3D
3. Motionflow XR 400 same as HX750 series
4. Relatively cheap as compared to HX850

The only thing that is not known is the performance and the PQ.

I was also considering the 40" w800, but was put off buy the mixed reviews it was getting on various forums. Ultimately went for the hx750 because of the difference in pq and relatively large price difference.

1. Features are secondary (for me). Pq comes first, so its for you yo decide what you prefer.

2. Go with what you prefer keeping in mind your usage. Don't let it be governing factor if you aren't going to watch 3d much.

3/4. W800 is the replacement of hx 750, so cost and features will be similar. Hx 850 can't be compared to w800, because they are in different tiers.

I think the best part of this model is its crystal clear sound, greater control via TV side view, sense of quartz design for ultimate sophistication 3D experience.

I own the 55 incher. The picture quality is excellent and I was surprised by the sound as well (although I don't use it). The panel is more reflective that I would have liked. But all in all, it's an excellent product.

All the smart TV stuff is useless on most TVs (this TV frequently ran out of memory when I tested the browser and YouTube) and I don't want the 3D either.

Whether it's worth the 1.5L is another matter :/

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back