Need advice on TV purchase

His guys,

Looking for some insights as I am planning to purchase a TV:
1. Budget 60K max
2. 4K resolution (55" pref)
3. Smart TV - (Android Pref)
4. Usage - Gaming (PS4 PRO), Personal viewing (Mostly low light environment), OTT content mostly
5. Online or offline purchase

I have been going through some models and have shortlisted three options thus far:
1. Oneplus U series 55
2. LG UM7300
3. Samsung RU7470

Would really love to hear from the community. Open to suggestions.

RU7470 & UM7300 is not in the same price range or model wise. LG SM series is ideal against RU series. I think you might go with Oneplus series.

Hi Yogesh thanks for the reply.
Oneplus is one of the tele I have shortlisted but I am not sure about its performance. On paper seems to be a decent buy but real time performance in terms if display has not been upto the mark for the asked price. So just waiting for the model to be out and then maybe see it in person and decide.

Just visited the TCL store saw the C8 (4k UHD), C715 (qled) and the c815(qled) variants. What do you guys think is TCL an option to be concidered. The 815 is a lot more stretching the budget. But the c715 is about 6k more than the Oneplus. Open to suggestions for models till 60k.

Oneplus is one of the tele I have shortlisted but I am not sure about its performance. On paper seems to be a decent buy but real time performance in terms if display has not been upto the mark for the asked price. So just waiting for the model to be out and then maybe see it in person and decide.

Just visited the TCL store saw the C8 (4k UHD), C715 (qled) and the c815(qled) variants. What do you guys think is TCL an option to be concidered. The 815 is a lot more stretching the budget. But the c715 is about 6k more than the Oneplus. Open to suggestions for models till 60k.
What were your thoughts on the c715 and the c815? Apart from the OnePlus they are the other options which you can consider. Samsung has the TUE60A as well.

Regarding tcl being an option, even though the picture quality is good apparently they are bad in terms of software updates. Few people here have reported their HDR performance taking a hit after updating. I am in the same boat as you, if the OnePlus performs similar to the tcl c715 I would be happy. Apart from these a meaningful upgrade would be the Samsung frame 2020, but sadly it costs 85k for the 55 inch.

What were your thoughts on the c715 and the c815? Apart from the OnePlus they are the other options which you can consider. Samsung has the TUE60A as well.

I had the 715 and 815 side by side and there is a difference when playing the same content on similar settings.
1. The brightness level is far better in the 815
2. Color reproduction is about 25% better in the 815
3. Upscaling wise also I saw there was a difference between them. Although on paper they are the same notice a slight difference where the 815 performed better.
4. The MEMC I could not test completely as neither the store nor I had any proper content to test with.
5. Gaming performance I still have to test have spoken with the salesperson and might do that test if possible via a ps4 Pro.
6. Software was something I couldnt test as such. Basic stuff worked fine, no lag using voice commands. It aint the premium tier so its not exactly snappy but voice worked pretty well. Other app launching, booting, etc seemed fine. (But in a short while cannot make a conclusion, long daily run will only tell)

Overall the 815 is better than the 715 but there isnt a huge difference and this is something noticable when kept side by side. Sound is an obvious difference as one comes with an additional soundbar. But the c715 sound is pretty loud. But I believe a soundbar would be required if you are looking for that perfect sound with tv experience.

C715 is about 6k more and can be a good buy if the oneplus doesn't pan out. I know im comparing a qled to a led uhd panel but fingers crossed. But if the oneplus does perform well in terms of pq then I think will go for that as TCL can be buggy as you mentioned and Oneplus does have a vetter reputation is terms of its community and software bug resolution.

TUE60A is a 6 series Samsung. The specs upon asking have yet to be received from Samsung as their specs mentioned on the site are completely misleading. So havent put in list yet.

I had the 715 and 815 side by side and there is a difference when playing the same content on similar settings.
3. Upscaling wise also I saw there was a difference between them. Although on paper they are the same notice a slight difference where the 815 performed better.
4. The MEMC I could not test completely as neither the store nor I had any proper content to test with.
5. Gaming performance I still have to test have spoken with the salesperson and might do that test if possible via a ps4 Pro.
6. Software was something I couldnt test as such. Basic stuff worked fine, no lag using voice commands. It aint the premium tier so its not exactly snappy but voice worked pretty well. Other app launching, booting, etc seemed fine. (But in a short while cannot make a conclusion, long daily run will only tell)

Overall the 815 is better than the 715 but there isnt a huge difference and this is something noticable when kept side by side. Sound is an obvious difference as one comes with an additional soundbar. But the c715 sound is pretty loud. But I believe a soundbar would be required if you are looking for that perfect sound with tv experience.

C715 is about 6k more and can be a good buy if the oneplus doesn't pan out. I know im comparing a qled to a led uhd panel but fingers crossed. But if the oneplus does perform well in terms of pq then I think will go for that as TCL can be buggy as you mentioned and Oneplus does have a vetter reputation is terms of its community and software bug resolution.

TUE60A is a 6 series Samsung. The specs upon asking have yet to be received from Samsung as their specs mentioned on the site are completely misleading. So havent put in list yet.
Thanks for your insight. I was looking at the two tcl models as well, sadly as chennai hasn't allowed e-commerce shops hardly have stock and I couldn't see the tcl c715 in person. And just my opinion but I don't think you should consider the tcl c715 just cause it's a QLED, the OnePlus has the same colour space and brightness level as the tcl c715, atleast on paper. So I would recommend you going and checking in person. I am badly waiting for the oneplus u1 to arrive at a store here so I can check it out. I feel tcl is misleading people, proper qleds have their brightness around 500 + nits.
Also I agree with you on the Samsung front, its weird how the website specs matches it to a TU8000 which is around 70k. There's something wrong over there.

Thanks for your insight. I was looking at the two tcl models as well, sadly as chennai hasn't allowed e-commerce shops hardly have stock and I couldn't see the tcl c715 in person. And just my opinion but I don't think you should consider the tcl c715 just cause it's a QLED, the OnePlus has the same colour space and brightness level as the tcl c715, atleast on paper. So I would recommend you going and checking in person. I am badly waiting for the oneplus u1 to arrive at a store here so I can check it out. I feel tcl is misleading people, proper qleds have their brightness around 500 + nits.
Also I agree with you on the Samsung front, its weird how the website specs matches it to a TU8000 which is around 70k. There's something wrong over there.

Yeah TCL can be misleading as you said because 715 comes at about 330 and 815 at about 400 smtn. The oneplus upon asking panel specs mentioned 400nits but again only in person can make a call. Sadly I am not sure if I will be able to see the u1 in store as I am in Coimbatore and not sure if it will come down here. But hoping to do so. Do let me know if you see the U1 in person and share the experience.

Did you check Kodak ? Their 55 looks promising at 40k level, didn’t test Or seen yet.

Hey,

Havent checked kodak yet. Can you mention the model. I did see the Vu in person and its pretty decent. Although there is a very big difference when compared to the TCL and I did this to see if there is a visible difference between a 4k 55 for 35k and 4k 55 for 55k. Just to understand how the cheaper budget models stand up to a higher tier of budget.

Do let me know about this Kodak. Will check it out.

Yeah TCL can be misleading as you said because 715 comes at about 330 and 815 at about 400 smtn. The oneplus upon asking panel specs mentioned 400nits but again only in person can make a call. Sadly I am not sure if I will be able to see the u1 in store as I am in Coimbatore and not sure if it will come down here. But hoping to do so. Do let me know if you see the U1 in person and share the experience.
I was reading the oneplus forum and they mentioned the brightness around 350-400 nits and seeing that the listing is available on Amazon now it should go on sale anytime. We should be getting more reviews YouTube and Amazon reviews also soon. And definitely, I will update you if I am able to see the oneplus in person. OnePlus has promised upto 3 years software support and seeing how the have fixed many issues with their Q1 lineup, it looks promising. If the PQ is as good as the tcl c715 I would happily buy it.

Hey,

Havent checked kodak yet. Can you mention the model. I did see the Vu in person and its pretty decent. Although there is a very big difference when compared to the TCL and I did this to see if there is a visible difference between a 4k 55 for 35k and 4k 55 for 55k. Just to understand how the cheaper budget models stand up to a higher tier of budget.

So did you find any difference in quality between VU and 715?

Hey,

If I am not wrong the kodak is an IPS panel. Which will have less contrast if you are using it in a dimly lit environment. But it's viewing angles will be better. Also it has only 8gb internal storage and I dont think you should be expecting software updates but I guess you can solve that by buying a fire stick.

Lot of people here think the tvs in the 30-50k price range have similar panels and no difference in performance. I myself was thinking if I am overspending by buying the oneplus and that if I should settle on the VU 55k.

Between TCL 715 and Vu I felt the TCL performed better. Ups scaling was also better in comparison. The Vu was brighter than the 715 but I felt the color reproduction was more accurate in the TCL. The Vu did a damn good job but the model in the store that I saw was already a bit buggy too when it came to UI. PQ wise I think someone who is tight on budget the Vu is a good choice. But when it comes to software update the VU does lag behind. Also one of the .ts files i played on both, the Vu did struggle a bit.

Lot of people here think the tvs in the 30-50k price range have similar panels and no difference in performance. I myself was thinking if I am overspending by buying the oneplus and that if I should settle on the VU 55k.

I started my TV buying with VU as a choice. Dont get me wrong it is a damn good option if budget is an issue. But it seems like the company just launched a tele and forgot about it. There have been many user complaints with respect to motion, bleeding, lagging of UI. And the software side is also very poor I understand.

I started my TV buying with VU as a choice. Dont get me wrong it is a damn good option if budget is an issue. But it seems like the company just launched a tele and forgot about it. There have been many user complaints with respect to motion, bleeding, lagging of UI. And the software side is also very poor I understand.
That's cause they are selling rebranded hisense tvs. They are basically the micromax of tvs. Sure the products are initially good because they are from hisense but they are not able to provide any sort of support. But they are priced quite agressively making them a decent option considering nobody offers software support in that price segment anyway.

Checked the reviews for 32inch oneplus tv according to reviewers picture quality is mot upto the mark software is laggy on the 32inch version so i think tcl is good choice their 93 percent dcip3 is only a jargon nothing materialize

Checked the reviews for 32inch oneplus tv according to reviewers picture quality is mot upto the mark software is laggy on the 32inch version so i think tcl is good choice their 93 percent dcip3 is only a jargon nothing materialize
32 inch has only 1 gb ram and considering how resource heavy oxygen play is I am not surprised. The u1 has 3 gb ram,so software wise atleast it should perform way better. And regarding display quality actually quite a few have praised it and mentioned its sound was not upto the mark. The OnePlus u1 is considered to be mid range not budget so the panel should be different. Anyway the u1 will be going on sale soon, hopefully we'll get a lot more feedback on the u1.

Last edited:
32 inch has only 1 gb ram and considering how resource heavy oxygen play is I am not surprised. The u1 has 3 gb ram,so software wise atleast it should perform way better. And regarding display quality actually quite a few have praised it and mentioned its sound was not upto the mark. The OnePlus u1 is considered to be mid range not budget so the panel should be different. Anyway the u1 will be going on sale soon, hopefully we'll get a lot more feedback on the u1.

Here check this review he directly told there are better tvs available at similar price

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back