Need advice on what Hi-Fi system to buy

ziaprog

Hi. I am an audiophile. I listen to even the minute sound in a song..

I am looking for a small yet powerfull music system with Bookshelf speakers..
I already checked micro hifi systems from sony, philips, panasonic etc and im not happy..

I will be playing only audio cd's.. my budget is within 15 k.. Its for my small bedroom.

What about onkyo? is it worth?

Are you looking for a cd player/ source plus amplifier plus speakers ? If you have a source such as even a DVD player it will be possible to suggest an amp and bookshelves

Hi. I am an audiophile. I listen to even the minute sound in a song..

I am looking for a small yet powerfull music system with Bookshelf speakers..
I already checked micro hifi systems from sony, philips, panasonic etc and im not happy..

I will be playing only audio cd's.. my budget is within 15 k.. Its for my small bedroom.

What about onkyo? is it worth?

Welcome buddy...If you can increase you budget by an other 5K, your choices for BS are Sonodyne Sonus 1501, Cambridge S30 & Norge speakers....It is tough to find a new amplifier for 10K..So look for used ones...

Onkyo has range of products...Could you be more specific abt the product that you are referring to?

Are you looking for a cd player/ source plus amplifier plus speakers ? If you have a source such as even a DVD player it will be possible to suggest an amp and bookshelves

No Sir i don't have any source.. Please suggest me a good one which is available in bangalore or online

Welcome buddy...If you can increase you budget by an other 5K, your choices for BS are Sonodyne Sonus 1501, Cambridge S30 & Norge speakers....It is tough to find a new amplifier for 10K..So look for used ones...

Onkyo has range of products...Could you be more specific abt the product that you are referring to?

I dont have any idea about onkyo products.. Im asking you to suggest me a budget music system...

the problem with sony, philips hi-fi systems is that when you play in high volume the sound starts cracking..

I recently came across a site selling Yamaha NS-333 for 8k.. Are these speakers worth buying? And also suggest me which cd player to buy for these speakers..

thanks in advance

Topping T20 amplifier and Cambridge Audio S30 speakers. Use your phone as source. Should be doable in your budget.

Topping T20 amplifier and Cambridge Audio S30 speakers. Use your phone as source. Should be doable in your budget.

OK thanks for your advice.. I want something which plays audio cds because want to build a CD collection.. and also something with a remote control so that i can sit back and relax to the music after a hard days work..

I dont have any idea about onkyo products.. Im asking you to suggest me a budget music system...

the problem with sony, philips hi-fi systems is that when you play in high volume the sound starts cracking..

I recently came across a site selling Yamaha NS-333 for 8k.. Are these speakers worth buying? And also suggest me which cd player to buy for these speakers..

thanks in advance

Nothing wrong in trying the Yamaha NS-333 BS...Everyone has different taste...But try to get an audition before you decide to buy it...Blind buy is always risky....

Assuming your extended budget of 20K, it is very tough to get a BS + Stereo amplifier + Cd player...

Do you have a DVD player ?

For used products check the For sale by owner section in the Forum, also Olx, Quickr...There would be plenty...

CD spinners start from 15k I think. Better use a DVD player for the time being. Add a good outboard DAC later on or get a CDP.

Nothing wrong in trying the Yamaha NS-333 BS...Everyone has different taste...But try to get an audition before you decide to buy it...Blind buy is always risky....

Assuming your extended budget of 20K, it is very tough to get a BS + Stereo amplifier + Cd player...

Do you have a DVD player ?

For used products check the For sale by owner section in the Forum, also Olx, Quickr...There would be plenty...

No i dont have dvd player..Can i buy sony/philips dvd player? the output from the dvd should be connected to topping t20 right?

where can i buy topping t20 in bangalore/online?? i google it but there is no online seller

Ok sure sir.. I am planning on visiting onkyo showroom in mg road bangalore this week..

You can check in Modern world MG Road and Domlur.
Recently I have visited the Onkyo outlet in Forum Value mall in whitefield to check the AVR prices
It was not so pleasant experience for me. The person was not so keen to show the models and prices as if he is so busy with something !!!
I felt that they have this outlset just for displaying the items.

No i dont have dvd player..Can i buy sony/philips dvd player? the output from the dvd should be connected to topping t20 right?

where can i buy topping t20 in bangalore/online?? i google it but there is no online seller

Hi,

Please check Pioneer DVD player as a source. It is much reliable.
Later if you want you can upgrade to CDP.

i auditioned onkyo cs245, sony mini hifi & 5.1, philips mini hifi & 5.1, panasonic 5.1 in a local store

i would rate them as follows
Onkyo - 9/10
Sony - 2/10
philips - 2/10
panasonic - 2/10

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back