Need Advice! Onkyo-TX-NR626 or Pioneer-VSX-1123-K

MusicHeart

Hi All,

Need urgent help. My close friend is in Dubai right now and will be coming back this weekend.

Can you help me out with choosing one from
Onkyo-TX-NR626 - Approx 24k INR :clapping:
Pioneer-VSX-1123-K - Waiting for the final price. Should not be much difference

Considering price difference from India and US , I think its bargain since these wont require step down transformer.

Some additional details
1. I have Full HD projector Acer H6510. So I have to connect/disconnect HDMI out for LCD & Projector. So receiver with two HDMI outs is a must.

2. Currently using Onkyo 3500. Though basic I really like it. Want to upgraded slowly and move my current HTIB to home town. I have another small beauty Dell M110 projector lying down unused. So can be good alternative second setup for hometown weekend trips.

3.Usages are 80% movies and 20% Music.

4. Already done entire concealed wiring for 7.2 configuration.:yahoo:
My room size is 10.5 x 22.5 (Fortunately hall-dining are in Exact rectangle layout)

Now confusion is, there are very strong reviews for both the receivers.
I am fan of Onkyo for their price and features ratio.Never tried pioneer before.
This pioneer seems to be strong with 4k upscalling but might lack in supported audio decoders.
Source: Onkyo TX-NR626 vs Pioneer VSX-1123-K - AV Receivers Comparison

I am not a techie in this & appreciate your valuable inputs. I have always desired for 626 but now inclined towards Pioneer. Help me before I push the trigger in excitement.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Monitoring my thread from noon. Seems like forty visits and no suggestions.
I will be thankful if I get some valuable thoughts. Need to decide till tomorrow noon.

One of my friend bought TX NR 626 from Dubai 2 months ago.... He bought it for 28K... If you get it for 28K, it would be a sweet deal.....

Getting it from middle east is the best thing one can do for AVR....I too got my Onkyo TX NR 818 from Kuwait for almost half the price of what it is retaliating in india... Also as you mentioned there is no need for step down transformer...

Almost both of them seem to have very similar features....I think 626 has both Wi-fi & Bluetooth integrated in the AVR... So no need to buy dongles...

My weight-age would be for the product that i can service it in my city.... I know Onkyo has very good service center throughout india... Not really sure abt Pionner... My Pick Onkyo TX NR 626....

Thank You elangoas

Yes 626 seems to be fair choice. But IMO it does not have 4k upscaling capabilities.
If both comes under same price bracket is it wise to pick Pioneer?

WRT wifi & bluetooth , I dont think it is going to be of much useful if I can stream videos and music over DLNA device using IMedia share app and WDTV live. I have to media player connected already WDTV Live and Neo X MINN x7. Among Neo is simply awesome.

With 20% discount on 626 I can grab, it is costing 24 k INR (1600 AED). Can you please help me out with possible custom charges ?

Thanks

Thank You elangoas

Yes 626 seems to be fair choice. But IMO it does not have 4k upscaling capabilities.
If both comes under same price bracket is it wise to pick Pioneer?

WRT wifi & bluetooth , I dont think it is going to be of much useful if I can stream videos and music over DLNA device using IMedia share app and WDTV live. I have to media player connected already WDTV Live and Neo X MINN x7. Among Neo is simply awesome.

With 20% discount on 626 I can grab, it is costing 24 k INR (1600 AED). Can you please help me out with possible custom charges ?

Thanks

Do you really need a 4K upscaling?.. Am not sure if that would look good even if you have 4K capable TV.....

Since the AVR has Ethernet port, it can always stay connected to the network...Bluetooth might come in handy sometimes.....

Anything imported to India with the goods value < = 35K is exempted from Duty.. Anything more, you will be charged 36% on the exceeding value.....

Do you really need a 4K upscaling?.. Am not sure if that would look good even if you have 4K capable TV.....

Since the AVR has Ethernet port, it can always stay connected to the network...Bluetooth might come in handy sometimes.....

Anything imported to India with the goods value < = 35K is exempted from Duty.. Anything more, you will be charged 36% on the exceeding value.....

4k upscalling is not on mandatory list but can be a good feature. Still mind says pioneer (may be adverse effect of many users reporting HDMI issues with 515, 616 series)

Pioneer has HDMI zone 2 which can be handy for second room. Dont know its the same as 616 zone 2. My major concern and query for Pioneer is support for audio decodes. Is it complete or lacks compared to 616?

4k upscalling is not on mandatory list but can be a good feature. Still mind says pioneer (may be adverse effect of many users reporting HDMI issues with 515, 616 series)

Pioneer has HDMI zone 2 which can be handy for second room. Dont know its the same as 616 zone 2. My major concern and query for Pioneer is support for audio decodes. Is it complete or lacks compared to 616?

Both the AVR have dual HDMI outputs... Looks like each one have a different name for HDMI second output.... While Onkyo callss it "Out Sub", Pioneer calls it "Out 2"....

I would suggest that you post a query in Pioneer's AVR thread regarding the same... Anyone who has used this feature can confirm you...

As of now i have not used my 2nd HDMI output from my AVR....

My weight-age would be for the product that i can service it in my city.... I know Onkyo has very good service center throughout india... Not really sure abt Pionner... My Pick Onkyo TX NR 626....

Contrary to Elangoas's experience, my experience in servicing my Onkyo 875 in India has been terrible. I went all the way to the VP in Japan, and go no help.

My personal recommendation - buy it in India with warranty.

Cheers

Contrary to Elangoas's experience, my experience in servicing my Onkyo 875 in India has been terrible. I went all the way to the VP in Japan, and go no help.

Cheers

Hi Vencatcr,

Till now I have purchased everything in India with warranty. So far every device served without issues with few exceptions and as you said its really peace of mind. But considering huge price difference I am ready to take a risk. We can consider this as buying new piece at second hand price so no warranty. I think these AVRs are not like our current use and throw kind of cheap electronic products. So still considerable chances of getting them repaired with little patience and time.

Update, pioneer is not available at any store , I asked him to get onkyo 626. His flight is today midnight and extremely tight schedule not allowing him to go and get one. Fingers crossed. I should not miss this chance or else need to wait 4 months for his next visit :sad:.

Thank you all for your support. Have a good day.

Cheers

Hi Venkatcr,

I have been to the Onkyo service center twice so far... Though they charge a little exorbitant, i felt there service was good....

I don't know the intensity of your issue, but strange that you didn't get help even after reaching the Head office....:mad:

Hi Vencatcr,

Till now I have purchased everything in India with warranty. So far every device served without issues with few exceptions and as you said its really peace of mind. But considering huge price difference I am ready to take a risk. We can consider this as buying new piece at second hand price so no warranty. I think these AVRs are not like our current use and throw kind of cheap electronic products. So still considerable chances of getting them repaired with little patience and time.

Update, pioneer is not available at any store , I asked him to get onkyo 626. His flight is today midnight and extremely tight schedule not allowing him to go and get one. Fingers crossed. I should not miss this chance or else need to wait 4 months for his next visit :sad:.

Thank you all for your support. Have a good day.

Hope that you friend can get you Onkyo 626...

Yep. He is very close friend so only in worst case he will miss. And if misses, doesn't matter what I ask n how many things, he has to get it for me on next visit.
I am just concern about today cause I just want it today in any case. Next visit I can utilize for some 5.0 sets and get sub woofer locally with suggestions from this forum. Lots of whats app senti :sad: messages already heated up. Thinking positive. Lets see.

Yep. He is very close friend so only in worst case he will miss. And if misses, doesn't matter what I ask n how many things, he has to get it for me on next visit.
I am just concern about today cause I just want it today in any case. Next visit I can utilize for some 5.0 sets and get sub woofer locally with suggestions from this forum. Lots of whats app senti :sad: messages already heated up. Thinking positive. Lets see.

Don't worry buddy.. If he is so close to you, then he should get it for you....

Update : Sadly I have to wait till July end. Positive thing due to this thread is immediate decision of 626. So its clearly my fault not making choice when I had time in hand last weekend. Sorry to all members and thanks for your inputs for my queries.
Admin can close this thread for further discussion or else I will make this alive if more options open at the time of next try.

Hi,
Can you please tell me from where your friend brought this Onkyo TX NR 626 in dubai. I'm planning to buy this before leaving the country..

One of my friend bought TX NR 626 from Dubai 2 months ago.... He bought it for 28K... If you get it for 28K, it would be a sweet deal.....

Getting it from middle east is the best thing one can do for AVR....I too got my Onkyo TX NR 818 from Kuwait for almost half the price of what it is retaliating in india... Also as you mentioned there is no need for step down transformer...

Almost both of them seem to have very similar features....I think 626 has both Wi-fi & Bluetooth integrated in the AVR... So no need to buy dongles...

Hi All,

Opening this long dead thread started by me. But for good reason. Finally I got my receiver after long wait. Its Denon S910W.

Not the options queried in this thread nor my friend was able to bring it for me. He thought its much heavy to carry:mad:.

So finally I was in states for a very short time and first thing I did is , on very next Saturday went straight to the best buy and grabbed it-Model is Denon s910W:yahoo::clapping: Receiver is 7.2 or 5.2.2 Dolby Atmos capable, two HDMI outs as I have projector+LCD setup already.

Can anyone please suggest good step down transformer for this unit. I have no idea about needed specs. My friend is using 250 watt step down transformer with similar model and he has no issues with it.

thanks

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back