Need advice regarding lines on LED tv - Haier

gudu

Need advice regarding lines on LED tv - Haier

Sir,

I brought LED tv of Haier recently 40 inches [FULL HD].

That was in april 2013.

I have set top box of reliance [ordinary, not HD].

Problem started when I started noticing horizontal lines which appear when yellow color pictures, or blue color pictures appear on screen.

Upon complaint, Haeir technical support team was at my place and checked for same and took photographs of same and told they will replace the set.

and they did. Replace the set.

They brought a new one. But in the new one also the same problem exists.

So I did complain again to technical team of Haier and they came and checked and told this time that the fault was not of TV but of Reliance set top box.

I need to know any of you facing same problem.

Is it really the set top box from which the horizontal lines are appearing?

Need help, please.

Have you tried with any other source? Like a BD/ DVD player or USB?

Sir,

from BR-DVD player and USB the lines do not appear. But only when using the set top box.

But surprisingly, when the set was brand new, it did not show any kind of lines.

But as time passed, now its August, set has been changed once. But by the day the lines are becoming more prominent.

Dont know what to do.

Now Haier tech team teling that we cannot replace TV now.

It is fault of Reliance Set Top box.

I complained to Reliance, but they totally denied any fault of the set top box.

Now if possible, try the Reliance STB with any other TV and find out whether the problem continues.

Dont know what to do.

Now Haier tech team teling that we cannot replace TV now.

Please be firm and communicate only in writing. Write to them about your problem (that is the appearance of the horizontal line) and ask them to change/ replace whatever as it is still within the warranty period. Once you write to them, they will be more careful with your complaint.

But more importantly first make sure whether the problem is with the TV or the STB.

And adding to what RMCWS mentioned - Why don't you take your TV over to your neighbours and check with their connection? More than one neighbour would corner you towards the problem further.
If the company do not accept it (when you have checked with neighbours), then place a complaint again - and ofcourse not only through phone call, but through email/mail wait for 10-15days and followup.

Yes, solve by elimination. Connect the TV to a different set top box. Connect your set top box to a different TV, etc. It could well be that it's your STB which is at fault. The fact that it worked fine earlier is useful but not conclusive.

@polaris and sgmane.

tried all possible options, connect stb to other tv, no lines appear. connect other stb to tv lines still appear.

Those people had come, with some manager to check tv, they too got convinced that the problem is with the tv and not of the stb.

They told they get back to me but never did turn up.

I also told them to give me some other tv bigger one that this, I will pay the difference amount, they nodded their heads and went, but never came back.

Wrote a letter to the company but those people never replied back.

In this case what to do?

@polaris and sgmane.

tried all possible options, connect stb to other tv, no lines appear. connect other stb to tv lines still appear.

Those people had come, with some manager to check tv, they too got convinced that the problem is with the tv and not of the stb.

They told they get back to me but never did turn up.

I also told them to give me some other tv bigger one that this, I will pay the difference amount, they nodded their heads and went, but never came back.

Wrote a letter to the company but those people never replied back.

In this case what to do?

Seems to me that your TV is having problems with de-interlacing. It is a TV fault for sure and may also come for HD STBs too. Escalate the issue with the higher authorities in Haier and post your harassments stories on Haier Page in Facebook if available.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back