Need advice Sound Card for Swan m50w

arjit_b

Hi guys

After doing some research I have decided to buy Swan m50w for my desktop..have heard good things about it and was wondering what sound card would compliment it.

It will be mixed use with Mostly Music and Movies, with occasional gaming on the side. I heard the Sonar STX is good but it is a bit expensive at 9k and i have already stretched my budget with m50 @20k.

so was wondering if there is an alternative available at cheaper price...otherwise I could always go for an EMI option:p

@hemant thanks for your reply.

I've looked into it but have gotten really confused, heard really good reviews about the xonar stx , and now asus is launching stx2 .. I am really confused if I should wait for stx2 or go ahead with stx considering that my current sound card is having troubles...

Also with dac route..Could someone help me figure out exactly which one and where to buy it from

I have mixed usage mostly music and movies with bit of gaming..and I'd like to keep it under 10k

But personally as of right now I'm biased towards a sound card since I won't be moving my equipment much..

Any help with be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Arjit Bhargava

STX II is going to be priced more than STX.

Go for the STX. If you try, you may even find a used STX.

good,you are open to the DAC route so have a look at ODAC, if 2 channel internal sound card so Asus Xonar Essence STX.
nqpSam

Thanks for the reply guys, finally went with stx got it @8.5k from smc Delhi, did consider odac but couldn't find it in India and I needed it urgently.. plus I heard the sound card fares better when it comes to movies...

Anyways thanks for all your help..really appreciate it

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back