Need Advice: Speaker Packager for a 20ft X 13ft room

manishvij

Guys: I hope to get answers from forum members to help me finalize speakers for my 20 ft X 13ft room.

My requirement:

- Television 75" LED
- Mostly used for Television viewing, Apple Music / iPhone Bluetooth Music and one movie a month

Budget: Less than 1 Lac for Speakers and AV Receiver

Suggestions so far:

I have been recommended Wharfdale and Sonodyne Sonus. Between them the following configuration @ Rs. 82000:

AV Receiver
Denon 510BT

Sonodyne
2 X SONUS 2504
2 X SONUS R -EARS V2
1 X SONUS C 2401 V2
SubWoofer ROARR 108

I look forward to forums advise on:

1. Is the above package the best in my budget and for my requirement?
2. Is there a better package or brand I should look at?

Thank you all

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. Like you, I too started out my dream of a good music system and gathered immense knowledge in this forum. Please browse the forum thoroughly and there is a wealth of information to be had.

I am going through this process myself and have shortlisted a few.

Always take your time and audition as many packages and AVR's you can. You will be surprised at the different sound signatures each one has. The thrill and the fruit is to get the best sounding pair at the end of the day.

Please go in for the best speakers your budget will permit and do not hesitate to spend a little more for a better sounding speaker if you have to, as the speakers are the most important part of the setup and good ones should last you years.

It is nice to have an AVR with all fancy features like airplay, network, 3D, a dozen HDMI 2.1 ports, ARC, 4K, tuner etc etc., Please be aware of the sweet talks from dealers and keep your music tastes and preferences in mind above all else. Many and most AVR's bundle in all these features and the sound quality is compromised. But as you said, you are mainly into Television and seems like you would like to playback lot of music from your apple devices, and if you are real serious about your music taste then I think for your budget you can get a very good AVR / Speaker package.

I am not an AVR guy and totally into pure 2 channel stereo music so I cannot comment on Denon 510BT. I can see that this choice may have been mainly influenced by the built in blue tooth feature which you fully plan to utilize and maybe the 140 watts output - but this rating is at 6 Ohms. The rating reduces when you use 8 ohms speakers. Anyway I will leave that for now, there is loads of information about this on the forum and the web.

But on paper the Denon looks good and I am sure there are many fellow members who are using it and can share better.

Though television is your main preference, why don't you think in terms of getting a package which will give you a good sound while playing music as well.

You can check out Polk Audio - TSX 330 5.1 speaker package / Monitor Audio - MR4AV speaker package / and there are many packages on the forums mart as well and priced very nicely.

You can also get a good mid end pair of floor standers first - maybe it will be sufficient for your tastes, and since you have an AVR, you can always upgrade (add) other components at your convenience. Please do keep in mind that it is not necessary to have a speaker package by the same company, you can mix and match as per your budget, taste and the looks.

Good luck and let us know about your journey.

@ manishvij let me know if you are interested in my stuff, its almost new but with reduced prices, you might benefit from it. (AVR and 5.1 polk setup is in your budget as well)

Thanks@ Naturelover for the reference ...

Hi all

I am looking forward to buy a home theatre system 5.1. My budget is around 60-75 k. Which system should I go for? I reside at Bangalore. My living room size is 19x11 ft and as per that whether I should go for satellite speaker or tower. Which one will be better in terms of sound output.

I am looking forward to a good system with features which can easily go for another 5-10 years considering rapid change in technology. (Wifi,etc.)

I am going to use this for watching movies and listening to music. Apologies I do not have technical knowledge and to be honest never heard of lot of brands used in this forum but I am happy that I fortunately joined this forum which will help me taking informed decision.

I am planning to buy within this month and hence require your suggestion and input as well as if possible shop from where I should procure. I was googling and came across Sony BDV- N200W & harman Karen black and white edition. However going through posts it seems I should explore more before I finally buy.

Could you all please suggest me something as I am vivid music lover.

Thanks in advance.

Prashant

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back