Need Advice to buy a Audio System: Budget is around 40K

bk123

Hi,
First of all I would like to say thank you all of the moderators and members who are doing a great work to share the valuable suggestions and experience in Audio/Video field.
This is my first post in this Forum. I am a newbie and have almost no knowledge about the HI-FI.
I need your valuable suggestion to help me in buying a Hi-Fi . My requirements are:
1. Budget is approx: 40,000 INR( Can stretch 10 to 15% if needed)
2. 100% preference is music not movies.
3. Room size is average (apporox 12 X 14) Infact it is for bedroom.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Binod Kumar Gupta.

This is my first post in this Forum. I am a newbie and have almost no knowledge about the HI-FI.

Welcome, have a great time.

I need your valuable suggestion to help me in buying a Hi-Fi.

Now, for your budget, music-only preference, and room size, there are enough threads discussing about them. Please search extensively and you'll get enough information.

:)

Thank you for your warm welcome!

I have read some post in this forum for last two days. But still not able to decide. However, I am convinced with the Wharfedale diamond 10.1 speakers. I inquired the price from "Bass n Treble". They quote it 15000 INR.

Please help me in deciding to suitable amp, source for these speakers.
Also I have one more question.
Do I need to buy a sub also?
Does the sub play very important role in playing music.?

Please guide me. I know there are threads related to this kind of questions. It would be great if someone can share the exact model name for amp, source and Sub(if required).

I usually listen old hindi songs (specially R D Burman's music)

Bk123, Welcome to HFV.
Binod, can you tell us what speakers you have listened to till now and what you liked or disliked about them? That can help a lot.
As Vinod has said, there are countless threads on the same topic with similar budget and many combos are given which you can audition and decide which suits you the best.
Also reading through those threads fully and auditioning together will help you identify exactly what you are looking for and how to go about it.
Sub woofer is not really necessary esp for the kind of music you listen to.
Anyway here are a few combos you could look at:
Source: Marantz cd5003/Ca 340 c
Amp: Norge 1000 / Marantz pm5003/ Ca 340
Speakers: Wharfedale 10.1/ Mission m33i/ Psb B1/ Paradigm Atom/ CA s30

Titus

Last edited:
15k is the MRP for 10.1 Very good speakers. You will get a 10% discount on that. For amp you can try Marantz PM7001. I think it is for around 17k. That will leave you 10k for the source. It is difficult to get a CD player in that. Cambridge Audio has a basic model for 14k IIRC. The dealer for Diamond 10.1 can make you a package for 40k if you ask him and may be you can the cables for free. ;)

Thank you for your warm welcome!

I have read some post in this forum for last two days. But still not able to decide. However, I am convinced with the Wharfedale diamond 10.1 speakers. I inquired the price from "Bass n Treble". They quote it 15000 INR.

Please help me in deciding to suitable amp, source for these speakers.
Also I have one more question.
Do I need to buy a sub also?
Does the sub play very important role in playing music.?

Please guide me. I know there are threads related to this kind of questions. It would be great if someone can share the exact model name for amp, source and Sub(if required).

I usually listen old hindi songs (specially R D Burman's music)

Hi Binod,
Last weekend i also had an audition of all the above mentioned Speakers (wharfedale), cambridge audio (cd player) at 'Bass n Treble' in Dwarka.

There you can see all the range of wharfedale which can fit your budget and some other brands also, in amps like Marantz etc. Did Denny not ask you to come and audition all the Equipments?

I guess you should ask him to customize the package in 40k for you.
He can advise you source, amp all in ur range.

Wishes
Sid

Last edited:
Binod ji,
If u listen to old hindi songs more ..then you deifinitely DONT need a sub. Wharfedale will keep you very happy.

Best wishes

For this budget would a CD Receiver + Speakers be a better choice.

My ex boss left an Onkyo receiver with me when he retired. I listen to it in office with some very basic creative speakers and the quality is quite impressive.

I still see some of these (Onkyo ones) shaped like Cyrus CD player in showrooms. For a budget of 40K, will this be a better choice, since it reduces the number of components and also the wire clutter.

Thank you to all you guys. It's amazing to such a positive and huge response. I never such a great forum till date. Really it's amazing.
Anyway, I will visit the "Bass n Trebale" store at Dwarka, Delhi this weekend and let see what the store suggests for my budget.

Thanks,
Binod Gupta

Hi,

I need a system which can satisfy my 90% music and 10% movie ratio. I have budgeted around 50K for the system the setup will be in living hall with 500 Sqft area.

Can you help me choose speakers and amp at this budget.

Will use onida dvdp,computer as source. Will buy a dedicated CDP after sometime.

I listen to carnatic fusion, tamil, malayalam and hindi movie songs.

Thanks
Chid

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back