Need advice to get 7.1 speakers system for Denon AVR 1611

pari.satyam

Hi All,

I am a very frequent visitor to this forum and i find very interesting to read all the posts and replies.

I am very fond of music and speakers. Its my long time desire to set up 7.1 audio system. Now the time has come.

I have bought denon AVR 1611 receiver and looking for 7.1 speaker system. So need you advice on this.

my reqmnt:
1. Almost i wil be using this for hearing audio songs.
2. it should sound good for illayaraja songs especially.
3. small sound should be audible and it should sound good even in less volume.

Please advice me frndS........!!!!

For music, 7.1 is not a good choice. You might want to look for 2.1 floor-standers / bookshelf speakers.

7.1 is for movies/games that have 7.1 channel audio. Music is mostly 2 channel (Stereo).

For music, 7.1 is not a good choice. You might want to look for 2.1 floor-standers / bookshelf speakers.

7.1 is for movies/games that have 7.1 channel audio. Music is mostly 2 channel (Stereo).

I dont completely agree with this. This is kind of a myth... There is a huge no. of albums available in multichannel (mostly 5.1) and they sound amazing, way better than stereo. Plus, with Neo Logic and Prologic, even stereo is converted to multi-channel.

Welcome to HFV...You can check Q acoustic,Wharfedale packages which matches with Denon.

I dont completely agree with this. This is kind of a myth... There is a huge no. of albums available in multichannel (mostly 5.1) and they sound amazing, way better than stereo. Plus, with Neo Logic and Prologic, even stereo is converted to multi-channel.

Cab you quantify "huge"? Lets say do we even have few hundred such albums?

Mark is not god to guide u everything ur circle is soo small that u can draw a circle in compass ,its much bigger ,ry to understand it and try other speakers with ur own ears..............

Hi all, thanks for your information.....!! Is the klipsch 7.1 speakers are best match for Denon AVR 1611?

Why not go & listen to the Klipsch speaker packages & judge for yourself? Similarly listen to 7.1 set-ups of other companies & decide which works out best for you sound & price wise. Do take your denon avr/cd player & music along for the complete satisfaction & judgement based on what will finally be best suited to you.

Do share your findings on the forum, of what you liked & what you did not.

Regards

Hi denom, thanks for your reply. Surely i wil go along with my denon receiver and listen to the speakers.

Can you share the addresses of the shops where i can listen to Klipsch speakers and also the other speakers.I am from chennai so it would be better if they locate across chennai

and also is there anybody who manually assemble their own 7.1 speaker setup in chennai?

wil manually assembled speakers be good for denon receiver or only branded speakers?

eagerly waiting for your replies!!!!

Hi All,

I am a very frequent visitor to this forum and i find very interesting to read all the posts and replies.

I am very fond of music and speakers. Its my long time desire to set up 7.1 audio system. Now the time has come.

I have bought denon AVR 1611 receiver and looking for 7.1 speaker system. So need you advice on this.

my reqmnt:
1. Almost i wil be using this for hearing audio songs.
2. it should sound good for illayaraja songs especially.
3. small sound should be audible and it should sound good even in less volume.

Please advice me frndS........!!!!
try Sonodyne speakers at VIPUL AUDIO TECH,kilpauk,Chennai.
They are Dealer for DENON avr'sMr.Praveen 9941476667

As for as i know, in chennai few guys are making good speakers like vipul Audio Tech, Craftel.... and so many are in ritche street. The price is also very less compare with other brand speakers. Go with your receiver and audition those speakers and then choose the best one. Audition it atlest for an hour and check ur receiver is getting hot.....

Let me clear one fundamental doubt. Denon 1611 is a 5.1 channel amp and not 7.1 channel.
The 6th & 7th channels are only pre-out, so you need another stereo amp for driving the 6th & 7th speakers.
So I would advise to look for good 5.1 channel speakers instead of 7.1

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back