Need advise for 40-42 inch Plasma

ShaijuThomas

Hi all you helpful souls,

I am from Mumbai. Need some desparate advice to buy a 40-42 inch Plasma. My budget is 60K.

During the week for cable vieweing and weekend mainly for movies. I need it to be full HD as I plan on a Blu-ray in (near) future.

Do a search on the forums you will see a fair bit of advice.

Panasonic
samsung
LG

in that order.

Hi all you helpful souls,

I am from Mumbai. Need some desparate advice to buy a 40-42 inch Plasma. My budget is 60K.

During the week for cable vieweing and weekend mainly for movies. I need it to be full HD as I plan on a Blu-ray in (near) future.

You can buy a Panasonic PV80 at around 47k and a good philips HTiB for 20k and have an allround cinema experience. Dont waste money as at 42 inches you can hardly notice until and unlss u sit at 3 ft distance.

Or if budget is a constraint, buy a nice 32 inch LCD, wait for a year and buy 50+ inch plasma which is HD. By that time may be u can even buy OLED TVs :)

Or if budget is a constraint, buy a nice 32 inch LCD, wait for a year and buy 50+ inch plasma which is HD. By that time may be u can even buy OLED TVs :)

No point wasting the money on a 32. Just wait for the year even with a CRT and go for the big one as you will have much more flexibility.

How about Samsung 40A550,37A550 or 32A550 LCD? Which one can I go in for? Any known issues?

Sony is off my list due to it's steep price tag.

Planning to book a Samsung but will wait for you suggestions.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back