Need advise for HT surround & sub

mridulrajk

Hi All,

Been a dormant member of this group for quite a while. I have recently started picking up some activity off late to setup my HT at home. I have got Onkyo's TX-SR343 which has been gifted to me by a benevolent cousin. I have now got the Q-Accoustics Concepts 20 speakers along with the same centers now. Looking for the recommendation for Subs & surrounds so that I could make an informed decision on the same. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Mridul

Hi All,

Been a dormant member of this group for quite a while. I have recently started picking up some activity off late to setup my HT at home. I have got Onkyo's TX-SR343 which has been gifted to me by a benevolent cousin. I have now got the Q-Accoustics Concepts 20 speakers along with the same centers now. Looking for the recommendation for Subs & surrounds so that I could make an informed decision on the same. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Mridul
For surrounds go for q-acoustics. Tell more about your room and budget to suggest a subwoofer.

Yes, placement of sub would be next to the TV. No space for Duals. The idea is to get a good one for the long term. I am willing to go for a good one given the recommendations. Pricier the recommendations, that delayed maybe my purchasing or will look around in classified up here. This is not for purchase right now as I have already put some into getting new speakers so far. Lets say a ball park figure of 50k for now.

Yes, placement of sub would be next to the TV. No space for Duals. The idea is to get a good one for the long term. I am willing to go for a good one given the recommendations. Pricier the recommendations, that delayed maybe my purchasing or will look around in classified up here. This is not for purchase right now as I have already put some into getting new speakers so far. Lets say a ball park figure of 50k for now.
Ok since you are going for a single sub a big and powerful sub will be a wise choice. There is a Klipsch 15inch for sale by FM @Vivek Batra you may have to extend your budget but it is a good deal. If you want to restrict to 50k you have 12 inches available from Polk, Bic America, Taga harmony, mission, Wharfedale. I am selling my xtz 10.17 which is 10 months old which will easily blow the subs I have mentioned in 50k bracket. It is still in warranty and i know the dealers very well who can provide good support. Do your research and short list a good sub as it is very important.

Ok since you are going for a single sub a big and powerful sub will be a wise choice. There is a Klipsch 15inch for sale by FM @Vivek Batra you may have to extend your budget but it is a good deal. If you want to restrict to 50k you have 12 inches available from Polk, Bic America, Taga harmony, mission, Wharfedale. I am selling my xtz 10.17 which is 10 months old which will easily blow the subs I have mentioned in 50k bracket. It is still in warranty and i know the dealers very well who can provide good support. Do your research and short list a good sub as it is very important.

Cool. Thanks for the advise @Love4sound . I will surely keep these in mind. Anything you recommend for surrounds?

Hi All,

Cheers,
Mridul

I would recommend to stick to Q Acoustics Concept 20 for surrounds as well for timber matching and smooth surround effects.

Subwoofer can be from a different brands - evaluate SVS, XTZ as well. I wouldn't recommend Polk subwoofers.

You may talk to Rupesh (The Home Cinema, Ecity, 8296500666) they deal with SVS, XTZ, Q Acoustics, Polk, KEF, Taga, Mission etc.

I would recommend to stick to Q Acoustics Concept 20 for surrounds as well for timber matching and smooth surround effects.

Subwoofer can be from a different brands - evaluate SVS, XTZ as well. I wouldn't recommend Polk subwoofers.

You may talk to Rupesh (The Home Cinema, Ecity, 8296500666) they deal with SVS, XTZ, Q Acoustics, Polk, KEF, Taga, Mission etc.
Cool, thanks for the recommendations. So as far as the surrounds are considered what I am hearing is to stick to same as fronts LR speakers?

I have now got the Q-Accoustics Concepts 20 speakers along with the same centers now. Looking for the recommendation for Subs & surrounds so that I could make an informed decision on the same.

Defnetly as others have mentioned, surrounds as that of mains is very good one.. I have been using 5 identical speakers for bed channels, and like it very much..

Subwoofers can be of your choice & budget, regardless of brand..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back