Need an advice on buying home theatre

udayasoorian

Hi All,
I need an advice regarding buying a home theatre. I have auditioned Yamha yht299 and pioneer in Reliance Digital. My tv is 48 inches Samsung. My living room is not big . Do i need to purchase AV Receiver and 5.1 speakers separately or opt for HTIB systems like yet 299 or denon. My priorities are movies ,music. I am not a fan of action hollywood movies but I love to watch thrillers. Is there any big difference between HTIB and separate av receivers,5.1 speakers for my requirements in a small living room. Budget AV receivers with 5.1 speakers comes around 80k where as a decent HTIB comes around 40 k . Please advice

@udayasoorian
HTIBs are also AVR + 5.1 speakers. Many companies are offering a bundle for folks who want to buy the functionality in one shot.
Many of them are very happy with the performance of such HTIBs at the price point they paid for it. Some folks get the itch to upgrade after a couple of years to a different AVR + selected 5.1 speakers.
The reason for upgrade may be due to new technology on the AV format front or immersive sound quality from a new setup.
If you are the kind to get the upgrade itch very often, rethink about HTIBs; they may not have good resale value after 2-3 years, depending on what's new in the market then.

If your budget is about 40-50K then HTIB would be the ideal choice as long as you are satisfied with its performance and will use it for 3-5 years before upgrade.
For Yamaha YHT299 there is a long thread with many good opinions:
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/48325-just-bought-yamaha-yht-299-a.html
For other bundles you need to search a little bit more in these sections:
Home Theater
What Should I Buy?

If you have a higher budget, say 100K, then it may make sense to buy AVR and speakers separately. You can spend about 40-45K on an AVR and 50-55K on speakers and the rest on cables, etc.
Allows you to buy speakers in staged manner, especially if you are picky about its performance for music. This approach is time consuming, but it can be rewarding in terms of performance.

You need to firm up your preferences, set a budget/timeline and audition more brands and/or bundles. Chennai FMs can guide you to places where you can audition.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hi,
Thanks for your advice. I also auditioned PioneerVSX 329 AV receiver and jbl speakers combo for 45k.Is it worth ?

Hi

You can check with other dealers the same brand of AVR and speakers if the price is right....also check if warranty is in place.....

Let us know if you have a budget in mind. Separates are usually better performing provided you hear and match the components before you buy but they will cost you more, in certain case much more. HIiBs are more like an all in one solution which do the job.

Another way is to build it gradually if you are serious about your HT and are willing to spend time in research and invest further in coming days. Get a decent AVR and a pair of quality front speakers to begin with. Front speakers can be floor standers or bookshelves, depending again on your budget and preference.
Add a matching center channel maybe next month or 2 months down the line, then add a sub and so on.

As you can probably tell by now it all depends on your budget and how much you are wiling to spend on HT.

Hi All,
I need an advice regarding buying a home theatre. I have auditioned Yamha yht299 and pioneer in Reliance Digital. My tv is 48 inches Samsung. My living room is not big . Do i need to purchase AV Receiver and 5.1 speakers separately or opt for HTIB systems like yet 299 or denon. My priorities are movies ,music. I am not a fan of action hollywood movies but I love to watch thrillers. Is there any big difference between HTIB and separate av receivers,5.1 speakers for my requirements in a small living room. Budget AV receivers with 5.1 speakers comes around 80k where as a decent HTIB comes around 40 k . Please advice

Go for Yamaha YTH 299.. its perfect as per the room size, fits in your budget & performance is also good.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back