Need an amplifier for Sony MHC VX 701 Speakers

mpadhu

Hey Folks,

I have a Hi-Fi music system from Sony (Model No.: MHC VX 701). The main unit stopped working but the speakers are working fine. This music system has Groove and V-Groove options and it is pretty cool. Is there any way to replace the main unit with an Amplifier?. I will happy if the amplifier provides audio output similar to the main unit.
Please suggest. Attached is the image of the music system.

qGHPcYCZM5UFLsrM.jpg

Hey Folks,

I have a Hi-Fi music system from Sony (Model No.: MHC VX 701). The main unit stopped working but the speakers are working fine. This music system has Groove and V-Groove options and it is pretty cool. Is there any way to replace the main unit with an Amplifier?. I will happy if the amplifier provides audio output similar to the main unit.

View attachment 29775

What would be your maximum budget for the amplifier?..

Hey Folks,

View attachment 29775

Hi

The Sony systems...most of them used IC based STK series for amplification. There was never true 3.1 or 4.1 or surround sound outputted.....a single STK power IC was divided and sent to the number of speakers......

If the system as Line Out (L+R) you could perhaps feed the same into a stereo amp (A+B ) speakers or an AVR ....signal will be analog

If there is an optical out, this can send a digital signal to the AVR or stereo amp....

You need to specify your budget and also what all features you want in the amp or avr.....

Most important, see the tech details mentioned behind each speaker...( 6 ohms or 8 ohms...watts)

Hey Folks,

View attachment 29775
yes available it will cost you 12000 Rs.

Hey Folks,

View attachment 29775

Even my system is sitting idle bcz of the main unit on protect mode and the service centre says that its not worth to make it alive for the money am going to pay:mad: Speakers are of 6 ohms when I connected it to my Denon 725 its giving dull output, couldn't listen more than a minute. I am also looking for an option to utilize the speakers.

What would be your maximum budget for the amplifier?..

Hi

The Sony systems...most of them used IC based STK series for amplification. There was never true 3.1 or 4.1 or surround sound outputted.....a single STK power IC was divided and sent to the number of speakers......

If the system as Line Out (L+R) you could perhaps feed the same into a stereo amp (A+B ) speakers or an AVR ....signal will be analog

If there is an optical out, this can send a digital signal to the AVR or stereo amp....

You need to specify your budget and also what all features you want in the amp or avr.....

Most important, see the tech details mentioned behind each speaker...( 6 ohms or 8 ohms...watts)

My Budget is Rs.7000

Rated impedance is 6 ohm.

As per sajjt's comment, I don't want to get a dull output with the speakers. I already tried connecting with a AWEI music system and the the output from Sony speakers was terrible.
Sony provides Groove and V-Groove and some tweaks that gives an awesome sound output. Is there any chance of getting this kinda output using amplifiers?

Most speakers come with in built crossovers and such sets come with built in pre set EQ which then gives punchy crystal clear sound.

If buying a stereo amplifier, it has bass and treble controls including the loudness switch...so you will get some punch.....clarity is not guaranteed and hence the birth of stand alone Equalizers where you can manually adjust the frequencies for each channel (L+R).

If you buy a stereo amp and EQ, it will definitely cost more than 7k.......

If going the AVR route, some AVRs have built in EQ where you can manually adjust the frequencies (all marantz models) and enjoy good output...again....it will be out of your budget.

Based on what location / city you are, your best bet is to check OLX / QUIKR for similar pre owned systems which you can find on sale within the stated budget, obviously demo the same before any purchase......check everything.

My Budget is Rs.7000 Rated impedance is 6 ohm.

Some options that you can consider..

1) used stereo amplifier from OLX.. There would be plenty aval.. You need to physically check the condition and pick it..
2) used entry level AVR from one of our forum members.. This will allow you to re-use all the speakers that you have..

Which city/town do you live in?..

Some options that you can consider..

1) used stereo amplifier from OLX.. There would be plenty aval.. You need to physically check the condition and pick it..
2) used entry level AVR from one of our forum members.. This will allow you to re-use all the speakers that you have..

Which city/town do you live in?..

I live in Chennai.

I live in Chennai.

Check this ad in OLX - https://www.olx.in/item/onkyo-304-5-1-ID1mSA17.html#54359574c7 THis is a 5.1 AVR.. You can re-use all 4 speakers with this AVR and chances of making it a 5.1 HT set-up in future..

If you like this option, drop in to seller place, physically check the unit & the remote and then negotiate for the price if needed.. (or)

consider one of this - https://www.olx.in/item/denon-dra345-45-45w-stereo-amp-japan-made-vintage-ID1n2Woz.html#1ef64838c0 simple stereo amplifier..

Check this ad in OLX - https://www.olx.in/item/onkyo-304-5-1-ID1mSA17.html#54359574c7 THis is a 5.1 AVR.. You can re-use all 4 speakers with this AVR and chances of making it a 5.1 HT set-up in future..

If you like this option, drop in to seller place, physically check the unit & the remote and then negotiate for the price if needed.. (or)

consider one of this - https://www.olx.in/item/denon-dra345-45-45w-stereo-amp-japan-made-vintage-ID1n2Woz.html#1ef64838c0 simple stereo amplifier..

Thank you so much for taking efforts in searching the products for me. I have gone thru them. As per Sajjt, the speakers did not perform well with Denon 725 so may be the same with other amplifiers too :(
I will using AUX a lot via media players like WD and Android media player. It's a pain to handle so many remotes to play just a song. I am actually looking something to handle USB drives to play music. I am looking for these options to not waste the speakers.

Even my system is sitting idle bcz of the main unit on protect mode and the service centre says that its not worth to make it alive for the money am going to pay:mad: Speakers are of 6 ohms when I connected it to my Denon 725 its giving dull output, couldn't listen more than a minute. I am also looking for an option to utilize the speakers.

Thank you so much for taking efforts in searching the products for me. I have gone thru them. As per Sajjt, the speakers did not perform well with Denon 725 so may be the same with other amplifiers too :(
I will using AUX a lot via media players like WD and Android media player. It's a pain to handle so many remotes to play just a song. I am actually looking something to handle USB drives to play music. I am looking for these options to not waste the speakers.

Take your speakers to a friendly hifi dealer who can offer an audition with different budget amps. Like other fellow members quoted, its a pre tuned speaker box for a specific system. No offence intended, but my intuition says chances are very minimal to justify the amount you are going to spend for the juggad. The best VFM option will be going for a el cheapo chinese media player with amp. Goodluck

I can understand the remote issue.. WD Media player (or) Android TV Box will have digital output (Co-axial/Optical).. You can use these output to connect to the AVR, which will be better than AUX input.. Also you get the benefit of 5.1 out from these media players to the AVR..

Hey Folks,

View attachment 29775
I do have the same system in a very good condition. If interested in purchasing email me to [email protected]

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back