need expert advice to decide HTIB

multifaced

bros, i need some expert opinion to decide on a HTIB.

going HTIB way because i usually watch one movie per week. mostly HD mkv's with DTS audio. right now i have a 42" LG PQ70, WDTV, TS HD. also one PC with ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO MB (which has HDMI out and i often connect it with TV). my room is 18'x11'. i have almost decided Onkyo HTS 3300, based on some auditions (HTS 3100) and reviews.

so is it a right decision ? considering the room size ?

bros, i need some expert opinion to decide on a HTIB.

going HTIB way because i usually watch one movie per week. mostly HD mkv's with DTS audio. right now i have a 42" LG PQ70, WDTV, TS HD. also one PC with ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO MB (which has HDMI out and i often connect it with TV). my room is 18'x11'. i have almost decided Onkyo HTS 3300, based on some auditions (HTS 3100) and reviews.

so is it a right decision ? considering the room size ?

I second the question myself. I have similar sized room and have zeroed in on HTS3300 too. Would appreciate some reviews from existing users.:clapping:

I want some reviews from the registered guys too!! Most of the users here just vanish after getting all the help they need for deciding their systems. Its time we got some decent reviews from the hv users.

I want some reviews from the registered guys too!! Most of the users here just vanish after getting all the help they need for deciding their systems. Its time we got some decent reviews from the hv users.

exactly.. ,many in this forum already purchased 3300. if they share their setup and experience, it will be really helpful..

I think there are many threads on 3300. People have posted in bits and pieces about pros and cons. I might post a layman's view a fortnight later.

Seriously guys..how long does it take to write a brief review which highlights the positives and negatives of a hardware. The guys here are plain pathetic!! I PMed so many guys asking for their "opinion" but none of them bothered to reply back. Typical Indian mentality this. Jab tak apna kaam nikalna ho tab tak active rehte hain. After that only a few members bother to help the new buyers. Great going!!

Vanish

Well waveking it is quite true that many of the members here just vanish after getting all the help they need.

I think it is very important that when we seek help, then we also should help other members equivalent to whatever knoweldge we have.

V.

Last edited:
...Most of the users here just vanish after getting all the help they need for deciding their systems. Its time we got some decent reviews from the hv users.

Be careful what you ask for, looks like you joined in Jul of this year and have 18 posts so far. Thats pretty close to vanishing by itself. Anyway, good luck with your question as I dont have experience with it.

Be careful what you ask for, looks like you joined in Jul of this year and have 18 posts so far. Thats pretty close to vanishing by itself. Anyway, good luck with your question as I dont have experience with it.

I did join in july but if you read my posts u'll find that i was looking for Tata sky HD related news then. I am yet to buy any hardware with the help of HV. The day I buy any hardware with help from this site, you'll get a detailed review from my side.

Seriously guys..how long does it take to write a brief review which highlights the positives and negatives of a hardware. The guys here are plain pathetic!! I PMed so many guys asking for their "opinion" but none of them bothered to reply back. Typical Indian mentality this. Jab tak apna kaam nikalna ho tab tak active rehte hain. After that only a few members bother to help the new buyers. Great going!!

Waveking,

Please refer to a running thread on Onkyo hts 3300 started by sunnysharma, there are lot of user/owner views there.

Also there is a thread on Home theater below 25K - Group Buy, where some inputs have been shared by Vasishta Sushant.

The inputs are provided by users but they are more in scattered form. Even if you look at this thread, the title is expert advice to decide HTIB where as the members are explicitly looking for Onkyo HTS 3300, believe starting a thread on Onkyo 3300 - owners - review needed may have more responses for you guys.

I am awaiting my own system, but my inputs from the couple of times I have auditioned the system is available in the above mentioned threads. The day I get the system, promise you guys a review best to my ability.

Bought the onkyo 3300 today. Price--23.5k (including complete installation, wall mounting etc). I got it at onkyo wonderland, CR park, New delhi. I first auditioned rhe system there and it sounded good to my ears. But when I tried to connect my dell studio 15 via hdmi to the system i couldn't get any audio from the system. They tried various hdmi wires and even pulled out a complete new avr piece for this but no luck!!! The audio just didn't come. But when the sales guy hooked my laptop to the onkyo-5300 audio came instantly. They were stumped(including me!!) They had no idea why was this happening!!
Anyways I bought the system and quickly connected it on my own(just the front and center speakers) to get a 3.1 config and connected my TS HD to it. The results are pretty good. But I am yet to test my laptop with it and I don't have a dvd/bd player as of now. So I guess I will spend today(and the night) tinkering with the various settings and trying to get my laptop work on it. Will post a brief noob review as soon as I get it completely installed(the installation guys will come on wednesday)

Update : Finally managed to get my laptop working with the system. I watched some imax clips of Dark Knight(14 gigs) and Inception (39gigs) on it and OMG!!! Pure AWESOMENESS!! I can't believe I was missing this the whole time. And this is without the rear speakers attached in. I now recommend this system to everyone out there looking for a great(and cheap) HT. Now I ain't an audiophile but I do watch movies a lot and believe me if it sounds good to me then there is an 9.5/10 chance that it wil to u too ( i deducted the .5 for those acute discerning audiophiles out there :D

Last edited:
current model is Onkyo HT-S3500................3300/3400 are now discontinued. Please do not buy older models, stick with current ones. There might be some old stocks lying around is some stores at a good price, but as much as possible go with current models.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back