need guidance to setup my home theatre system

abhijeetsk

Hi all,
a complete new comer to this group. I need some help and inputs in setting up my first HT system.
My hall is fairly large - about 500sq ft and is T-shaped. With a 42" LG Plasma PQ70 TVin the middle.
I am looking to setup a complete Home Theatre system which will play Blu Ray movies, USB stick movies, connect my Wii player also
Hence, I am looking for a system including a Blu ray player, amplifier and a 5.1HT system
I would really appreciate inputs on setting up such a system in Mumbai. My budget is 40-50k.
thanks a ton!!

500SFT IS QUITE A LARGE SPACE TO FILL..

however as u stated
u wud need a bdp or media player for that use
and the rest for a decent htib. as 10k for bdp
and rest 40 k wud not be enough for a custom ht setup.

also please provide details about the usage
movies %
music %
tv (cable or dth)

personal preference.

500SFT IS QUITE A LARGE SPACE TO FILL..

however as u stated
u wud need a bdp or media player for that use
and the rest for a decent htib. as 10k for bdp
and rest 40 k wud not be enough for a custom ht setup.

also please provide details about the usage
movies %
music %
tv (cable or dth)

personal preference.
thanks. Agree 40k may not be enough for a high end system. but i would like to setup a cheaper system upfront which i can then slowly upgrade.
my use would be
40% movies
10% music
50% tv (cable) - movies, sports (f1, etc) and serials (for family)

there we go.. so we can start off with a good avr and speakers and later u can add a good sub according to usage..
lemme get some options for you..

Try to Source an OPPO blu-ray from abroad.

Coming to your HT system since you have the budget of 40-50k..

Go for Denon 1600/1611 - Onkyo 508/608 with energy take classic speakers.... Later if you want to upgrade you can move that energy take to the bedroom and have larger speakers in your hall .....

Or else you can simply buy 2 bookshelf speakers and start adding one by one other components like sub and rear speakers....

There are many brands of bookshelfs that would go with denon or onkyo

Wharfs,mission,tannoy,Qacoustics, Paradigm, PSB , monitor audio ,usher ...etc., (long list)

If you are ok with a preowned setup look in for sale by owner section or else try source the AVR from abroad .. Energy speakers you can buy from reliance digital for 27k.

Happy Shopping! :)

Try to Source an OPPO blu-ray from abroad.
thanks a lot for the inputs!
isnt there an issue of buying Blu Ray from abroad with region locks? I was told not to buy them abroad

Also, a question around buying the AVR - where should I buy in Mumbai?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back