• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Need help as Speaker tweeter not working

Wharfedale EVO4.4 Speaker

csd508868306kant

Hi All,
Guys it seems one of tweeter of my madourant short aviano 2 is not working.i tried changing it from one speaker to another and concluded tweeter is not working
Now I understand getting same twetter is next to impossible
What if I change both of them with some other tweeters of course with same size 1"?
Will I see a drastic change in sound signature?
If u guys have any pointers for tweeters please let me know as well.
Seeking your help

Thanks and good day:)

csd508868306kant

@hydrovac thanks for the link
The tweeter part model no is M510T-3R5
And I see one of listed is M500T-3R5...It seems to be close what I am looking for...
Would it be compatible?

Also let say if I go for this, should I buy one of them or pair.
Attaching Image for reference. IMG_20180707_155634078-min.jpg

Or Should I try putting some other tweeter

Thanks

Last edited:

hydrovac

Good, you are close... M500T-3R5 imp is 4Ω. Can you check the resistance of the working tweeter?

keith_correa

@hydrovac thanks for the link
The tweeter part model no is M510T-3R5
And I see one of listed is M500T-3R5...It seems to be close what I am looking for...
Would it be compatible?

Also let say if I go for this, should I buy one of them or pair.
Attaching Image for reference. View attachment 28578

Or Should I try putting some other tweeter

Thanks
"Close" is not good enough! I suggest that you mail MS support to ask them for a replacement or suggestions. A change of tweeter model involves a redesign of the crossover. Don't do it!

csd508868306kant

It seems this issue was already discussed on our own forum , so trying to reach FM @0verkilled , which had same speaker. Will update you guys
Thanks again looking into this thread

rpmahale

Usually people change both the tweeters for equal or symmetrical performance of high frequencies but not necessary .

0verkilled

If you are looking for just one tweeter, I might have it. I search for it and let you know. I don't remember the model number though

csd508868306kant

If you are looking for just one tweeter, I might have it. I search for it and let you know. I don't remember the model number though
Sure Sir, Please have a look ...I am also based in Bangalore , so pick up won't be issue
And Thanks for keeping my hope alive.:)

hifitoaster

"Close" is not good enough! I suggest that you mail MS support to ask them for a replacement or suggestions. A change of tweeter model involves a redesign of the crossover. Don't do it!
There is NO such thing as CLOSE indeed. A 0.1 ohm of DC resistance is already a different sound. Its already a damn difficult thing to get a new tweeter of the same model to match with an old one.

"Usually people change both the tweeters for equal or symmetrical performance of high frequencies but not necessary" - I have the experienced this . I got one which was sounding different than my healthy , but old tweeter of the same model and make.

Even if you get one. unless you are lucky the new tweeter is going to sound different slightly as the ferrofluid inside are mostly more 'fluidy'. This is one of the reasons why companies like Vifa / scanspeak asks to get them as pairs.

0verkilled

Sure Sir, Please have a look ...I am also based in Bangalore , so pick up won't be issue
And Thanks for keeping my hope alive.:)

I have the tweeter with same partnumber you are looking for - M510T-3R5
Im in Bangalore too, PM me for more details on how to collect. I am not available this weekend though, but anytime during the weekdays.

1-lunglee

Hi All,
Guys it seems one of tweeter of my madourant short aviano 2 is not working.i tried changing it from one speaker to another and concluded tweeter is not working
Now I understand getting same twetter is next to impossible
What if I change both of them with some other tweeters of course with same size 1"?
Will I see a drastic change in sound signature?
If u guys have any pointers for tweeters please let me know as well.
Seeking your help

Thanks and good day:)
I have the same problem,my dog as knocked over my mordaunt short aviano 8 and the tweeter,not sounded the same. So I took it out to have a look plugged it back in,and now it don't work at all. The model number is the same as this post (m5 10T-3rs ide like to replace it all,even the housing if possible... But I can't find anything... Any help I would very,very much....

csd508868306kant

I have the same problem,my dog as knocked over my mordaunt short aviano 8 and the tweeter,not sounded the same. So I took it out to have a look plugged it back in,and now it don't work at all. The model number is the same as this post (m5 10T-3rs ide like to replace it all,even the housing if possible... But I can't find anything... Any help I would very,very much....
Hey ,
I had one spare which I gave to @iplusone when I sold aviano to him. Please get in touch with him