need help buying home theatre

somegha

hi
my new home is under construction and will be completed by april 2011..... i have a home theatre of width 13 lenght 14.9 and height 10 feet......
my budget is 4-5 lakhs..
my requirements are:
3D LED tv and a blu-ray player supporting 3D
AV receiver and 7.1channel speaker packages..
this is my view... i feel i should have
onkyo TX-NR808 AV receiver
B&W 685 Theatre speaker packages and
Samsung UA55C7000WR 3D LED tv(for my room size is it ok to have a 55 inch tv)....... can u suggest me your opinion..

You seem to have worked out the menu (choice) very well .. Spend a lit part of the money on room acoustics and you are all set.. :)

thanks for d rply bt i m new 2 this so could u pls explain me abt room acoustics.. i hope u wont mind..... n is it 55 inch led is fine for my HT..

Please spend some time reading this thread. And post your questions on room acoustics on same thread.

http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhancers-room-acoustics/13653-room-acoustics-thread.html

If your primary need is watching movies and games you can also think of installing a projector + screen . It is totally different experience... Provided enough space in the room or else the LED is just fine.. You are insured for features for few years....

Good luck.
Kittu

i hope u wont mind answerin for my last question which is how 2 make a 5.1 channel speakers to 7.1 channel?? if i m nt wrong then its like gettin same kind of front speakers which are biwirable n just usin them as rear speakers by biwiring........ i hope u wont mind..

i hope u wont mind answerin for my last question which is how 2 make a 5.1 channel speakers to 7.1 channel?? if i m nt wrong then its like gettin same kind of front speakers which are biwirable n just usin them as rear speakers by biwiring........ i hope u wont mind..

I always thought we need to have 2 extra speakers to make it 7.1 .. :p

Just for laughs...

See this small video..

YouTube - How To Setup Home Theater Speakers

HTH
Kittu

Thanks for the nice video. Kittu.
I got one more question after looking at it
If we have satelites , it says the FL and FR can be on the sides of the TV. Do we need to maintain 6ft distance in this case?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back