Need HELP!! Defective LED TV delivered by Sony Center

mandeep

Hello Friends

Purchased the above said model KLV-46EX430 (in cash full payment), on 31-07-2013, On the same same day i noticed physical damage and reported to the dealer.The TV bears the serial no: 7797149, Purchased from Sony Center -Goel Brothers, SCO: 307, sector-35B, Chandigarh. PHONE-0172-5075520

The TV set has three small spots in the shape of triangle that are always emitting white light during normal operation and clearly seems to be manufacturing fault.One can actually feel the dots with gentle touch also.

The matter has been taken up with the above mentioned dealer.what i believe is the set should be replaced, but the dealer has already asked the service center to take the matter into hand.

The service center executive came and took pictures and and asked questions like i was the one to blame.This is simply quite pathetic. He said the report with pictures will be sent to head office at Chandigarh and the response from sony will come in a day or two. Today in the morning 3-08-2013 talked to the service engineer, he says it will take more time.

Kindly advise and help how get my new set replaced with another new set.

My complaint No with sony india is : 015042984

Thanks in advance

this is the reason we should go to online purchase and completly avoid local purchase..
however..sorry to know your case..
didnt you yourself delivered the TV..

Hello Friends

Purchased the above said model KLV-46EX430 (in cash full payment), on 31-07-2013, On the same same day i noticed physical damage and reported to the dealer.The TV bears the serial no: 7797149, Purchased from Sony Center -Goel Brothers, SCO: 307, sector-35B, Chandigarh. PHONE-0172-5075520

The TV set has three small spots in the shape of triangle that are always emitting white light during normal operation and clearly seems to be manufacturing fault.One can actually feel the dots with gentle touch also.

The matter has been taken up with the above mentioned dealer.what i believe is the set should be replaced, but the dealer has already asked the service center to take the matter into hand.

The service center executive came and took pictures and and asked questions like i was the one to blame.This is simply quite pathetic. He said the report with pictures will be sent to head office at Chandigarh and the response from sony will come in a day or two. Today in the morning 3-08-2013 talked to the service engineer, he says it will take more time.

Kindly advise and help how get my new set replaced with another new set.

My complaint No with sony india is : 015042984

Thanks in advance

This is very unfortunate. Hope the sony guys resolve the issue at the earliest.

In case, keep everything (i.e. complaint/ damages) etc. documented and communicate in writing (email) if you are required to move before the consumer forum.

Good luck !!!

this is the reason we should go to online purchase and completly avoid local purchase..
however..sorry to know your case..
didnt you yourself delivered the TV..

I couldn't carry it inside my car, so the dealer sent it via his own transport.
I thought local was a better option as the dealer is somewhat known to you.
This is the first time something like this has happened with me.
The dealer says it will be replaced after he gets the report from SONY INDIA.
I THINK PURCHASING ANYTHING IN INDIA IS RISKY, there is no proper return back policy.The customer is the only sufferer here.

This is very unfortunate. Hope the sony guys resolve the issue at the earliest.

In case, keep everything (i.e. complaint/ damages) etc. documented and communicate in writing (email) if you are required to move before the consumer forum.

Good luck !!!

I have no idea right now how to even file a complaint with the consumer court.Thanks for your advise.

Totally agree with prosenjit, add social media pressure. Plus, irrespective of what a service center professional said or the manner he treated you, put the pics of the set on this forum in a separate thread and send a detailed mail to regional service manager/head at sony, marketing in-charge stating the full issue and your amazement as to why a new set needs to follow an inspection and sony's approval process for approval, given that issue cropped up or was noticed in such short notice post TV set's delivery.

You should be able to getbtheir email address on Sony India's website.

Ask for a replacement of the set and at no point agree for someone to come and replace a panel or any other part.

You have done the right thing by posting on facebook. I feel it is the dealer who should be blamed not sony. However try to convince sony to get a replacement and highlight the dealer name. Let sony sue the dealer for company defamation

I THINK PURCHASING ANYTHING IN INDIA IS RISKY, there is no proper return back policy.The customer is the only sufferer here.

In India, consumers are always taken for granted. However, some fault lies in the consumers too as they do not lodge complaint before the appropriate authority and is very lazy to follow up. Unfortunately, judicial procedure is very slow in India, may be that in one of the biggest reason.

I have no idea right now how to even file a complaint with the consumer court.Thanks for your advise.
If you ever need help in filing a complaint let me know. My bread and butter is dependent on that. ::eek:hyeah: And for HFV, I will do it for free. :p

Hello friends,

Below is the response i got from SONY INDIA via Facebook complaint:

Greetings from Sony India.

Thank you for patronizing Sony product.

This is in reference to your complaint at Social Networking Site and subsequent to your telecommunication with the undersigned.

As per our discussion, the matter is under discussion with the management.We would request you to kindly bear sometime with us.

Assuring you best of our support always.

For Sony India Pvt Ltd.

With Warm Regards
Vineeta Tyagi
Officer
Customer Relation - North

But i'm yet to get the decision by SONY INDIA management.

And a big thanks to u all for your valuable suggestions

We would request you to kindly bear sometime with us.

Sometime 1 day, 1 week or 1 month? This is a clear case of negligence in service by Sony.

Suppose, you made the payment by post dated cheque and have asked Sony to wait for sometime to have funds in your bank account.

As per our discussion, the matter is under discussion with the management.We would request you to kindly bear sometime with us.

Assuring you best of our support always.

For Sony India Pvt Ltd.

With Warm Regards
Vineeta Tyagi
Officer
Customer Relation - North

But i'm yet to get the decision by SONY INDIA management.

And a big thanks to u all for your valuable suggestions

For a single TV set replacement which tier of Sony India's management gets involved? This should be a straightforward operations issue. Politely ask the same question of delayed payment and question their service ethos.

Hello Friends

mandeep -

1. Always ask for time/date when it will be ready. No "Sometime" business.
2. If say they give 5 days ETA, send email/mail/phone call - (document them) the sixth day asking for update.
3. If the days are extended say max 15-30days, then you can send a final letter reminding you would go to the consumer court.
5. Going forward to consumer court arises when there is no response (proper response) from Sony. Wait for their reply. Once you entered into consumer court, that would take months/years to resolve.

Or better mail to their head (MD, CEO), your job will be done immediately. I once mailed to the VP of a consumer giant and received a call in 2 minutes from bombay (when there was no response in bangalore after waiting for 15 days). The issues was sorted out then.

I hope this issue will be sorted out by Sony. After all they are even more aggressive in the market now, to get the market share.
Either dealer or manufacturer, always keep both of them in the loop. You may not know, if manufacturer come's back and say's it's dealer problem for some reason.

mandeep -

1. Always ask for time/date when it will be ready. No "Sometime" business.
2. If say they give 5 days ETA, send email/mail/phone call - (document them) the sixth day asking for update.
3. If the days are extended say max 15-30days, then you can send a final letter reminding you would go to the consumer court.
5. Going forward to consumer court arises when there is no response (proper response) from Sony. Wait for their reply. Once you entered into consumer court, that would take months/years to resolve.

Or better mail to their head (MD, CEO), your job will be done immediately. I once mailed to the VP of a consumer giant and received a call in 2 minutes from bombay (when there was no response in bangalore after waiting for 15 days). The issues was sorted out then.

I hope this issue will be sorted out by Sony. After all they are even more aggressive in the market now, to get the market share.
Either dealer or manufacturer, always keep both of them in the loop. You may not know, if manufacturer come's back and say's it's dealer problem for some reason.

thanks Bro'....

I sent a reminder to SONY INDIA

Hello,
Kindly update the status of my complaint, the complaint (at Social Networking Site) is as below for your quick reference.
I had purchased the LED TV with full confidence, that if i'm buying a Sony product then i will have no problem. I paid the cash on the spot within minutes with my hard earned money. Why it's taking so long for a straight forward decision. Kindly do the needful to restore my faith in Sony.

---------------- Complaint on Facebook----------------------------------

Hello SONY INDIA

I Purchased a Sony LED TV, Model KLV-46EX430 (in cash full payment), on 31-07-2013, On the same same day after installation by sony demo engineer, i noticed physical damage and reported the same to the dealer and demo center official. The TV serial no is : 7797149, Purchased from Sony Center -Goel Brothers, SCO: 307, sector-35B, Chandigarh. PHONE-0172-5075520

The TV set has three small spots in the shape of triangle that are always emitting white light during normal operation and clearly seems to be manufacturing fault. One can actually feel the dots with gentle touch also.

The matter has been taken up with the above mentioned dealer. what i believe is the set should be replaced, but the dealer has already asked the local service center to take the matter into hand.

The service center executive came and took pictures and and asked questions like i was the one to blame. This is simply quite pathetic. He said the report with pictures will be sent to head office at Chandigarh and the response from sony will come in a day or two. Today in the morning 3-08-2013 talked to the service engineer, he says it will take more time.

Kindly do the needful to get my new set replaced with another new set.

And as i know sony is a very reputed company as i have purchased a lot of things from sony in the past also.

MY complaint no is : 015042984

Thanks in advance
waiting for early response

Mandeep Singh
------------------------------------------------------------------

Surely i will move to consumer court in case they don't replace it with a new set.

Good job Mandeep. Whenever you communicate with a company, rather lodge a compliant, always make sure you give as much details as possible while writing the complaint like TV serial no, dealer's name and address, date and time of each incident in a chronological order. It will definitely help you A LOT in case you have to move before the consumer forum.

Good going Mandeep. As suggested even sgmane, dig out the email address of some seniors in Sony India and write a direct mail to them. The customer relationship officer will most probably treat your case with same urgency as other 100-200 odd complaints they receive on a day. Do also update the FB post that you have posted on their facebook page saying that it is close to 8 days since your original complaint and there is no visible action.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back