Need help for speakers Selection

Nickhill007

Gurus,*

I am setting up a theater room at my place. Need information on which speakers do I buy, as I would mostly use them for watching movies and playing games. My budget is up to 40000. Need a 5.1/7.1 audio system

Gurus,*

I am setting up a theater room at my place. Need information on which speakers do I buy, as I would mostly use them for watching movies and playing games. My budget is up to 40000. Need a 5.1/7.1 audio system

Room size?
Games : what games you play?
Do you want Music also?
Is your PC having an HDMI output?

Room Size 27ft * 14 ft Not a large theatre room.
I am buying the Projector Epson TW 6100.
I play games on Xbox.
Music requiremnt is secondary.

Would give the audio output from the projector to the Surroud sound system

Thanks!!

There is wharfedale ms-100 @ 38K on hifimart.
Otherwise if you can extend your budget then many more ht spkr packages are available from jamo, focal, paradigm (which I have listened to) which wont dissapoint you :)

Extend your budget another 20K and start with an AVR and front towers and powerful center channel.....If u have some old speakers you can use them as surrounds in the beginning and later can add a subwoofer and new surrounds...
If you into movies and games go for Denon 1713 or Yamaha 473 these are the old models, I am suggesting them because you can get a good discount on older models.....for speakers u can audition Wharfadale, Jamo, Tannoys, Sonodyne as these will fit into your budget...

good info, you need to extend your budget for setting the theater.thanks
27.gif

New to AVR's can some one help . What do Avr's consist of?

You have two options for setting up a 5.1 /7.1 HT system.

1) A HTIB ( Onkyo is good at this) - this will fall with in your budget. HTIB stands for Home theater in a box and are not preferred by persons looking for better sound.

See link for full description of HTIB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_theater_in_a_box

2) Buying all the components : This means a separate DVD player, Required speakers, Sub and an AVR - Audio Video Receiver has inputs for various source signals like DVD player, Set Top Box, Internet Radio, PC/ Laptop etc. It amplifies the sound / decodes the 5.1 surround if required and feeds the speakers. Also upscales the Video if required .

The minimum budget for this has to be double of what you set out with:sad:

No limit on Max budget :)

28.5K for denon 1713
33K for denon x1000
26.5k for denon x500

x series are refresh models as 1713 production stopped, x1000 replaced it. cfgs are same though. :)

28.5K for denon 1713
33K for denon x1000
26.5k for denon x500

x series are refresh models as 1713 production stopped, x1000 replaced it. cfgs are same though. :)

Cool can u pm me the dealer numbers also what about after sales service in India

28.5K for denon 1713
33K for denon x1000
26.5k for denon x500

could you share the source for x1000 please because the best i could find is 37k in bangalore with b and w

Re: Wharfedale ms 100 or DX1

Extend your budget another 20K and start with an AVR and front towers and powerful center channel.....If u have some old speakers you can use them as surrounds in the beginning and later can add a subwoofer and new surrounds...
If you into movies and games go for Denon 1713 or Yamaha 473 these are the old models, I am suggesting them because you can get a good discount on older models.....for speakers u can audition Wharfadale, Jamo, Tannoys, Sonodyne as these will fit into your budget...

Finally,

The combination i have selected for Room Size 27ft * 14 ft is

Denon x1000+ Wharfedale ms 100

or

Denon x1000+ Whafedale Dx1

PLease suggest if it would suffice and which ones is a better option?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back