need help for the final decision

deepdown11

After a week or 2 of research and 3 auditions, this is what it has boiled down to 3 options
Before the options let me be clear about my situation
Room area is about 12 by 15
Music and movies might be 50:50
Price point is around 35 to 40k

3 systems are
1) Jamo 426 new 2 floor standing speakers with a used yamaha 370 avr for 33k
2) Pioneer htp rs33 5.1 + avr for 40k
3) Onkyo 4505 which I have not heard but read reviews and price is about 35k

The pioneer and onkyo are new but the yamaha amp being a used one is a deterrent

Secondly since I aint an audiophile, all of them seemed very nice to hear and the pioneer was actually very good looking and with good base

Please advise guys

Hi deepdown11,

I m also looking for AVR with FS. I managed to audition Pioneer RS 33, the audio clarity is not gud at all but bass is fine. I used Onkyo 3500, i suggest u to demo 4505 before taking a final call .. Onkyo is gud wen it comes to movies.

Jamo is kinda okay for a limited budget. Sound is decent.

After a week or 2 of research and 3 auditions, this is what it has boiled down to 3 options
Before the options let me be clear about my situation
Room area is about 12 by 15
Music and movies might be 50:50
Price point is around 35 to 40k

3 systems are
1) Jamo 426 new 2 floor standing speakers with a used yamaha 370 avr for 33k
2) Pioneer htp rs33 5.1 + avr for 40k
3) Onkyo 4505 which I have not heard but read reviews and price is about 35k

The pioneer and onkyo are new but the yamaha amp being a used one is a deterrent

Secondly since I aint an audiophile, all of them seemed very nice to hear and the pioneer was actually very good looking and with good base

Please advise guys

All 3 places where I went for a demo did not have the 4505
Does anyone know where in the central suburbs of mumbai can I audition these?

The onkyo stands good for audio clarity but loses in music greatly. You can go for Yamaha if you are not looking for great new features.

The pioneer RS-33 is good for music but suffers a little in clarity but u can get away if you are not a great listener for movies. (But I jus love te bass it gives but its jus me)

i would be buying it mainly for music, so i hope the pioneer is good enough as that seems to be the most practical choice.
the only issue i have is that reliance is advertising online for 32k and at the shop it is for 39k
need to clarify this

i would be buying it mainly for music, so i hope the pioneer is good enough as that seems to be the most practical choice.
the only issue i have is that reliance is advertising online for 32k and at the shop it is for 39k
need to clarify this

The one in the ad is an RS-32 it sells for 33k the one the shop I guess is an RS-33 model

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back