Need help in buying a TV(40-50 inch)

crazytarun

Hi Forum Experts,

I am looking for a new TV and need some advice from you experts on what should I buy? Confused between Plasma & LED.

My requirements are as below:
1. Will be primarily used for watching Airtel DTH: HD channels & movies, news and some sports.
2. Secondary use will be in watching movies from my media player.
3. It will be installed in my L shaped living cum dining room. Dimensions of living room is 17ft X 11 ft and dining area is 10ft X 10ft.
4. Living room part has large glass sliding doors into balcony and dining room has a window so there will be a lot of light coming into the room but curtains can control the light to a significant extent.
5. No need of any Smart features in TV.
6. 3D would be nice to have but not mandatory.
7. Screen size between 40-50 inch. Bigger the better without impacting the budget too much.

Can someone suggest a few models which I can consider and help in deciding between type of TV and screen size.

Biggest constraint is budget: I don't want to exceed 55K for 40inch TV and 70K for 50inch TV unless I am getting something really good.

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers
Tarun

I know this topic has been discussed a number of times but can someone please help me in decidding this.

I visited a few shops yesterday and considering following models:

1. Samsung Plasma: 43F4900 : 43K... should come to 40-41 after negotiation
2. Samsung LED 46F5100 : Quoted 74K
3. LG LED LN5400: Best price: 65K
4. Sony 46RF452R : Quoted 73K

I am inclining towards Samsung Plasma as that is cheapest and also has 3D in this price. I know this is not Full HD but will it really matter when majority of my watching will be Airtel DTH on HD and rips on movies. Very occasionally I will play an actual Bluray which will have 1080p or better.

If Samsung Plasma is still a bad value for what I pay I will go for one of these LEDs mentioned above

Please advice?

If you want the best bang for buck you cant beat Samsung F4900 or F5500. If you can stretch your budget a bit, the 51F5500 is an excellent choice. None of the entry level LEDs would come close. Panasonic UT50 also is another good choice but subject to stock availability.
IF you do have curtains and can control the light, plasma will give you better picture quality for the price. Sure LEDs also can give you excellent pic quality but for a much higher price.

Thanks Aakash, I will check out the F5500 series as well.

I want to stick to less than 50" as the space I have is just sufficient to accommodate a 50" TV. So technically it will fit but will look very cramped. So if there is a smaller size in F5500 series I will check it out today !

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back